View Poll Results: Should a person or that person's family be able to sell their organs post mortem?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (with no restrictions)

    12 30.00%
  • Yes (with restrictions)

    12 30.00%
  • No

    12 30.00%
  • Other

    4 10.00%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Arguing that something shouldn't be legal because a few people will do bad things that they already do isn't really much of an argument at all. You argue against slavery, something we all are against. That has nothing at all to do with what consenting adults do. You might as well say that we should make driving cars illegal since people use them to transport people they've kidnapped. Makes no damn sense.
    Sex-slavery and human trafficking is the norm with regards to prostitution.

    Nevada and the bunny farm, for example, is a rare exception, and even then there are serious problems.

    Sweden is a typical example.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I take that as a personal insult:

    1. We weren't speaking of sex per-se, but of prostitution.
    2. Calling someone a puritan is an insult.
    3. The only time I've discusses my personal religious views with you was in context of what is going on in my life. I feel that this flippant strawman is a personal attack on many levels.
    4. We aren't even having a religious discussion in this thread on any level, so there is no religious argument from me here that you could point to for comparison.

    I'm sorry I called you a friend.
    Sorry, Jerry. I should have been more clear. Almost all of America's view on sex has to do with our puritan roots. I didn't mean it to be personally directed at you and your faith.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Sorry, Jerry. I should have been more clear. Almost all of America's view on sex has to do with our puritan roots. I didn't mean it to be personally directed at you and your faith.
    There's a very goddamn good reason why things like prostitution are prohibited in many religions. It's not as though some dudes in a desert just decided to write something down and the brainless masses followed because they didn't know any better. Even if religion were a part of this discussion, which it's not, I could still come back to the same data with modern proofs evidencing my argument.

  4. #114
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sex-slavery and human trafficking is the norm with regards to prostitution.
    People couldn't "traffic" slaves if they didn't have a means to transport them. The fact that transportation is legal makes trafficking possible.

    And LOL@it being 'the norm'.

    Nevada and the bunny farm, for example, is a rare exception, and even then there are serious problems.
    How is it a rare exception when it's the only applicable one to the United States? In the US, it's the rule because there IS no other legal situation to adequately compare it to.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There's a very goddamn good reason why things like prostitution are prohibited in many religions. It's not as though some dudes in a desert just decided to write something down and the brainless masses followed because they didn't know any better. Even if religion were a part of this discussion, which it's not, I could still come back to the same data with modern proofs evidencing my argument.
    You made the claim that it evolved in slavery, and that's simply not true.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sex-slavery and human trafficking is the norm with regards to prostitution.
    Evidence? ...

  7. #117
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    With the supply of useable organs limited, should a person or that person's family be able to sell their organs after they have died?

    Please answer with why or why not.
    NO. organ recipients should be based on need and time on list, not on ability to purchase the organs.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    I think we should discuss prostitution elsewhere...I'll start a thread.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sex-slavery and human trafficking is the norm with regards to prostitution.

    Nevada and the bunny farm, for example, is a rare exception, and even then there are serious problems.

    Sweden is a typical example.
    Don't need prostitution to be legal for that. Many places have big problems with human trafficking like England for sex trade. In fact, it being illegal only promotes this sort of incidents more. Legalized prostitution can prevent somewhat against this through government regulation, health and safety inspection, and unionization of the workforce.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #120
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should you or your family members be able to sell your organs post mortem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Evidence? ...
    Jerry seems to think he knows all about what 'really goes on' with prostitution because he's read a few anti-prostitution articles. He is of the misled notion that drug addicted street walkers with abusive pimps forcing them to turn tricks is the majority of what prostitution consists of. He's of the mindset that if you're a prostitute, it can't *really* be a willing situation and you're a victim of... something. And, if you're a prostitute or a consumer of one, then you support sex slavery. I imagine it's much in the same way that some folks believe if you use drugs, you're supporting terrorism. /shrug

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •