View Poll Results: The United States Constitution protects

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Biological "person"

    9 40.91%
  • The Metaphysical "person"

    3 13.64%
  • Other ; Please explain

    10 45.45%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 160

Thread: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Chuz you're top notch at explaining your beliefs, but you are Average/Sub-Par when it comes to debating effectively...Perhaps a more open mind, at least to offer a quality counter to an opponents point of view, would see you having a much more wonderful time here.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Question Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I'd say that there is no "right" to life, only a chance. Because if there was a right to life then someone may want to have a little chat with Mother Nature...bitch kills babies ALL the damn time. However, that doesn't give grown human beings prudence in deciding when it's time to recognize the "rights" of the fetus or not. As usual it's a little black, a little white, lots of gray issue and it's largely up to individuals rather than the majority to decide this.

    There is no right to life?

    Okay, Dude... I don't know that I'll add you to the ignore as well. But, I don't see as how we can bridge a gap that wide.

    Have a nice life and and here's to the hope that you never run afoul with someone who shares your mindset and has the gall to act on it!


  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    There is no right to life?

    Okay, Dude... I don't know that I'll add you to the ignore as well. But, I don't see as how we can bridge a gap that wide.

    Have a nice life and and here's to the hope that you never run afoul with someone who shares your mindset and has the gall to act on it!

    Well, when you're ready to put your emotions on the back burner and discuss what's really the case, you give me a call, Chuzy. I'll be waiting right here.


    btw fax this to Mother Nature when you get a chance, she clearly doesn't know that there's a Right to life either...

    Right n.
    1: qualities (as adherence to duty or obedience to lawful authority) that together constitute the ideal of moral propriety or merit moral approval
    2: something to which one has a just claim: as a: the power or privilege to which one is justly entitled b1: the interest that one has in a piece of property —often used in plural <mineral rights> b2: plural : the property interest possessed under law or custom and agreement in an intangible thing especially of a literary and artistic nature
    3: something that one may properly claim as due
    4: the cause of truth or justice
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 12-21-09 at 04:17 PM.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Exclamation Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Well, when you're ready to put your emotions on the back burner and discuss what's really the case, you give me a call, Chuzy. I'll be waiting right here.


    Dude,.. seriously.

    I couldn't be more calm and settled.

    I'm twice your age,.. and I've been at this for almost as long as you've been on the planet.

    If I thought I needed schooling on anything, (no offense) I know how to find the information myself. Someone famous (Einstein?) once said; "it's not what you know,... it's knowing where to find it."

    I don't sweat the small stuff.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post


    Dude,.. seriously.

    I couldn't be more calm and settled.

    I'm twice your age,.. and I've been at this for almost as long as you've been on the planet.

    If I thought I needed schooling on anything, (no offense) I know how to find the information myself. Someone famous (Einstein?) once said; "it's not what you know,... it's knowing where to find it."

    I don't sweat the small stuff.
    You're still completely wrong because you don't base your argument on science - you base it on the metaphysical and on your own emotions.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post


    Dude,.. seriously.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I couldn't be more calm and settled.
    I've never seen someone so "calm" and "settled" put people on their ignore list as fast as you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I'm twice your age,.. and I've been at this for almost as long as you've been on the planet.
    Time spent on the planet does not mean it was time spent well or time spent learning lessons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    If I thought I needed schooling on anything, (no offense) I know how to find the information myself. Someone famous (Einstein?) once said; "it's not what you know,... it's knowing where to find it."
    And here you are, not open to new information being given to you, some given rather civilly and with respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I don't sweat the small stuff.
    What small stuff aren't you sweating here?

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Cool Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I've never seen someone so "calm" and "settled" put people on their ignore list as fast as you have.
    "You got to Know when to foldem."

    I can tell in a very short amount of time who is and who is not worth my time. And if I'm wrong about them? I can always apologize and take them back off ignore.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Time spent on the planet does not mean it was time spent well or time spent learning lessons.
    I never said it was.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    What small stuff aren't you sweating here?
    Posts from those who are on my ignore lists, for one.

  8. #108
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Ian,.. do tell me what you require in the way of proof that a zygote is an organism,... and that there is a consensus in the scientific community as to the fact that conception begins a new organisms life...

    Maybe then I can address your concerns in a more direct manner.
    I 'require' what would/should be standard in any debate - what you started to do in our formal debate on 4forums (here, for those that care). I'd have to agree with EpicDude, it's somewhere where you are lacking, especially when it comes to dealing with criticism of your views. Here's the list I try to follow (to varying degrees of success...):

    1. Make claim/assertion
    2. Back claim up with evidence and/or reasoning, in the same post as you make the claim (or when challenged to, if you forget/don't bother).
    3. If it could be unclear as to how evidence supports claim/assertion, explain your reasoning to go with it.
    4. If evidence is challenged, either provide more evidence or dispute the challenge, on whatever grounds you see fit.

    In the quote above, you've made two claims. However, that's almost as far down the list as you've ever got - in this thread/forum, at least. You haven't posted much evidence that directly supports your claims (certainly none on the 'scientific consensus'), you haven't explained how your evidence shows your claims to be correct (like that previous quote from answers.com, beyond the explanation Dude provided) and you haven't responded to any criticism of your position beyond an ever-growing 'ignore' list and various insults about 'flat-earthers' etc.

    In short: you need to provide more evidence, you need to explain it where needed and you need to respond to criticism/opposing evidence with reasoning of your own rather than outright denial. Apart from that, you're making for interesting reading!
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    joke Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    I 'require' what would/should be standard in any debate - what you started to do in our formal debate on 4forums (here, for those that care). I'd have to agree with EpicDude, it's somewhere where you are lacking, especially when it comes to dealing with criticism of your views. Here's the list I try to follow (to varying degrees of success...):

    1. Make claim/assertion
    2. Back claim up with evidence and/or reasoning, in the same post as you make the claim (or when challenged to, if you forget/don't bother).
    3. If it could be unclear as to how evidence supports claim/assertion, explain your reasoning to go with it.
    4. If evidence is challenged, either provide more evidence or dispute the challenge, on whatever grounds you see fit.

    In the quote above, you've made two claims. However, that's almost as far down the list as you've ever got - in this thread/forum, at least. You haven't posted much evidence that directly supports your claims (certainly none on the 'scientific consensus'), you haven't explained how your evidence shows your claims to be correct (like that previous quote from answers.com, beyond the explanation Dude provided) and you haven't responded to any criticism of your position beyond an ever-growing 'ignore' list and various insults about 'flat-earthers' etc.

    In short: you need to provide more evidence, you need to explain it where needed and you need to respond to criticism/opposing evidence with reasoning of your own rather than outright denial. Apart from that, you're making for interesting reading!
    It's clear that your idea of my needs and my idea of my needs are two different things. (shall I list YOUR needs?)

    I asked what it is that you require in the way of proof of my claims and of a consensus.

    You are still too vague in your response for me to know exactly what you want. Definitions? Images? Links to more references? What?

    I didn't ask (and don't care to know) what it is that you require in my making a better presentation or debate.

  10. #110
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: What aspect of a person does the Constitution protect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    It's clear that your idea of my needs and my idea of my needs are two different things. (shall I list YOUR needs?)

    I asked what it is that you require in the way of proof of my claims and of a consensus.

    You are still too vague in your response for me to know exactly what you want. Definitions? Images? Links to more references? What?

    I didn't ask (and don't care to know) what it is that you require in my making a better presentation or debate.
    You asked what he required to in the way of proof of your claims and he provided a very reasoned and thought out response that detailed to you precisely what is needed.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •