View Poll Results: Does a new person's life "biologically" begin at conception?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    54 64.29%
  • No

    30 35.71%
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 304

Thread: Does life biologically begin at conception?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    LOL.

    <--- detected

    Shot down,... ?

    Not even shouted down.



    When I run up against someone who has no defense other than to dismiss everything you throw at them,.. including the dictionary,... I know they are a complete waste of time.

    Even in the U.S. Code,... most laws begin with a reference to terms and definitions.

    But then,.. I digress.
    It was a joke referencing the atmosphere in some threads, but hey, whatever makes you feel secure.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    shocked2 Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    It was a joke referencing the atmosphere in some threads, but hey, whatever makes you feel secure.
    Dude, say what you mean and mean what you say.

    For as long as you have been posting,... I'm sure you know that it's not easy to tell when others are being sarcastic or telling a joke.

    I don't know you well enough to know one way or the other, so I hope you will forgive my defensivness.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Dude, say what you mean and mean what you say.

    For as long as you have been posting,... I'm sure you know that it's not easy to tell when others are being sarcastic or telling a joke.

    I don't know you well enough to know one way or the other, so I hope you will forgive my defensivness.
    I thought maybe starting with and ending with a would hint at its humorous undertones.

  4. #54
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    I'm a hard-line anti-abortion thinker, and I had to vote no on this. The concept of the individual does not begin at conception, and for good reason. At conception, the zygote can still become multiple individuals, or it can die because it isn't fit for self-sustained life. So the individual life does not begin at conception. However, should it be killed? I say no way. Though it isn't an individual yet and may not ever be, it represents a potential human life and I can never defend murder.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Arrow Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I thought maybe starting with and ending with a would hint at its humorous undertones.
    Indeed it does,.. but it doesn't tell me who you were joking with or at who's expense.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Indeed it does,.. but it doesn't tell me who you were joking with or at who's expense.
    I rarely draw battle lines so I could laugh at you in one thread and with you in another. Don't spend too much time thinking about what I'm doing or American will sneak up behind you and clobber you with a stick.


    Then...


    we feast.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Thumbs up Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I rarely draw battle lines so I could laugh at you in one thread and with you in another. Don't spend too much time thinking about what I'm doing or American will sneak up behind you and clobber you with a stick.

    Then...

    we feast.
    Same goes for me then.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    shocked2 Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I'm a hard-line anti-abortion thinker, and I had to vote no on this. The concept of the individual does not begin at conception, and for good reason. At conception, the zygote can still become multiple individuals, or it can die because it isn't fit for self-sustained life. So the individual life does not begin at conception. However, should it be killed? I say no way. Though it isn't an individual yet and may not ever be, it represents a potential human life and I can never defend murder.

    Phat,... do you know about Dolly the cloned sheep?

    Using your logic (above) none of us are individuals. As,... we could all (potentially) become more than one of ourselves.

    Regardless,... I'm glad you oppose elective abortions.

    How you get there is okay by me.

  9. #59
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    From the "Compromise on abortion" thread;

    Does everyone agree with myself and Rivrrat that a new person's life "biologically" begins at the moment of their conception?

    Yes or no?
    Yes - but irrelevant to the abortion debate.

  10. #60
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    You said that no-one would deny these facts, Rivvr...

    Can you see now that they do?
    Most of the folks are not actually denying that there is life. They're denying things like "individuality", "separate lifeform", "viability", etc.

    There is absolutely no way that a single one of them can argue that it's not living, or a living organism. And, thus far, not a single one of them is trying to. They're arguing something else entirely.

    EDIT: However, I did notice that you took a quote of mine completely out of context to start this thread. That quote had NOTHING to do with when life biologically begins and everything to do with your assertions that people were saying that mammals "morph" from one organism to another during their lifespan. And there's not a person here that I've seen make any such assertion that we, or any other mammals, "morph" into different organisms.
    Last edited by rivrrat; 12-20-09 at 08:58 PM.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •