View Poll Results: Does a new person's life "biologically" begin at conception?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    54 64.29%
  • No

    30 35.71%
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 304

Thread: Does life biologically begin at conception?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Thumbs up Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    I haven't voted because I still cannot come up with an answer. I've spent quite some time contemplating this question, which really boils down to, "What life is sacred?" The answers to these questions have significant and, at times, life-changing implications. They deserve more thought than I've had time to give...
    I appreciate your being cautious, IDK...

    However, you are thinking too much into it. I understand why you are doing that as well. You are rightfully anticipating the meaning (significance) of the acknowledgment of the biological facts.

    Take your time and vote when you are ready.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    From the "Compromise on abortion" thread;



    Does everyone agree with myself and Rivrrat that a new person's life "biologically" begins at the moment of their conception?

    Yes or no?
    Biologically yes, but as you'll see in your other poll, Constitutionally their life doth not begineth at conceptioneth.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    Indeed, but what is your point?
    My point is that the fetus is not "part" of the mother. If that were true, then half the pregnant women in America would be hermaphrodites.

  4. #44
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    so tree's are part of the soil, cows are part of the grass?

    just because it's symbiant, dosen't mean it has to be a unified organism
    Cows can eat other things, they can move to other pastures. A fetus cannot, not only does it rely on the Host for energy, but also for warmth, for protection etc.

    My point is that the fetus is not "part" of the mother. If that were true, then half the pregnant women in America would be hermaphrodites.
    You can only be a hemaphrodite if the sexual organ is on the outside.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    You can only be a hemaphrodite if the sexual organ is on the outside.
    According to who? The dictionary is your friend:

    Main Entry: her·maph·ro·dite
    Pronunciation: \(ˌ)hər-ˈma-frə-ˌdīt\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English hermofrodite, from Latin hermaphroditus, from Greek hermaphroditos, from Hermaphroditos
    Date: 14th century
    1 : an animal or plant having both male and female reproductive organs
    2 : something that is a combination of diverse elements

    hermaphrodite - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    According to who? The dictionary is your friend:
    Haven't you been in the last 8 threads where someone tried to use a dictionary definition and got shot down?

  7. #47
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    an animal or plant having both male and female reproductive organs
    I dont think she can reproduce with a microscopic penis.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    joke Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Haven't you been in the last 8 threads where someone tried to use a dictionary definition and got shot down?
    LOL.

    <--- detected

    Shot down,... ?

    Not even shouted down.



    When I run up against someone who has no defense other than to dismiss everything you throw at them,.. including the dictionary,... I know they are a complete waste of time.

    Even in the U.S. Code,... most laws begin with a reference to terms and definitions.

    But then,.. I digress.

  9. #49
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Of course there is life at conception. I don't see how anyone can deny that. There are two living cells prior to conception that join together to create a living organism after conception. This is not debatable. Those are facts. Irrelevant facts, but facts nonetheless.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Question Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Of course there is life at conception. I don't see how anyone can deny that. There are two living cells prior to conception that join together to create a living organism after conception. This is not debatable. Those are facts. Irrelevant facts, but facts nonetheless.
    You said that no-one would deny these facts, Rivvr...

    Can you see now that they do?

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •