View Poll Results: Does a new person's life "biologically" begin at conception?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    54 64.29%
  • No

    30 35.71%
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 304

Thread: Does life biologically begin at conception?

  1. #221
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    If life does not begin at conception, then it never begins.
    You're right, it never begins because it never stopped to begin with. In order for it to "begin", it would have had to not exist and since both the ovum and sperm are alive... life never began, it just continued.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Thumbs down Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You're right, it never begins because it never stopped to begin with. In order for it to "begin", it would have had to not exist and since both the ovum and sperm are alive... life never began, it just continued.<----- FAIL


    Go back to post #1 and start over.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post


    Go back to post #1 and start over.
    No need, you keep moving the goalposts. You keep talking about life when you mean individual existence and those are two different things.

    Try again.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    fyi Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No need, you keep moving the goalposts. You keep talking about life when you mean individual existence and those are two different things. Try again.


    I haven't deviated from my original position yet,...

    If you see moving goalposts,... it's in your perception.

    I'm focused like a laser and I've not budged.

  5. #225
    User Martin_Kaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Last Seen
    02-02-10 @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    113

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    I have heard it argued that homosexuality is not a choice, that it is genetic. That may be true, but isn't it also true that all that genetic material is present at conception, so any genetically predetermined characteristics, be it homosexuality or otherwise, are already present. So if you are pro-abortion you are an intolerant bigot homophobe and if you have had an abortion you might be guilty of a hate crime.


    Yes, I am willing to completely disregard and verbally rape logic and reason if it will save just one baby from a vacuum spike through the skull. Liberals are less likely to support abortion if they think those fetuses might be gay, or a tree, or an endangered rodent of some kind. The tree and rodent theory seemed difficult to suggest, so I went with gay.

  6. #226
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Kaine View Post
    I have heard it argued that homosexuality is not a choice, that it is genetic. That may be true, but isn't it also true that all that genetic material is present at conception, so any genetically predetermined characteristics, be it homosexuality or otherwise, are already present. So if you are pro-abortion you are an intolerant bigot homophobe and if you have had an abortion you might be guilty of a hate crime.


    Yes, I am willing to completely disregard and verbally rape logic and reason if it will save just one baby from a vacuum spike through the skull. Liberals are less likely to support abortion if they think those fetuses might be gay, or a tree, or an endangered rodent of some kind. The tree and rodent theory seemed difficult to suggest, so I went with gay.
    Thank you for letting everyone know why your posts should not be taken seriously.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #227
    User Martin_Kaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Last Seen
    02-02-10 @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    113

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Thank you for letting everyone know why your posts should not be taken seriously.
    Thank you for providing further evidence to support my theory that liberals have no sense of humor.

  8. #228
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Kaine View Post
    Thank you for providing further evidence to support my theory that liberals have no sense of humor.
    What part of your raped logic and reason makes you think I'm a liberal? And why does that even matter?

    Further evidence that you possess nothing but pithy quips, blanket statements, and empty banter. You have no substance.

    On another note, what makes you think "liberals" are more likely to support abortion on homosexuals? Did you just make this up in your head or is it based on your "personal experience"? Do you have anything but your unsubstantiated opinion to support this claim?

    Furthermore, aborting a human is equivalent to aborting a tree or a rodent?
    Last edited by scourge99; 01-03-10 at 09:09 PM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  9. #229
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Does life biologically begin at conception?
    No. It begins when Frau Pelosi-Mengele says so.
    She is the decider.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM2VqqNLWxQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Speaker Pelosi on "When Life Begins"[/ame]

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #230
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Chicken, egg--egg, chicken---chicken , egg----got me.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •