View Poll Results: Does a new person's life "biologically" begin at conception?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    54 64.29%
  • No

    30 35.71%
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 304

Thread: Does life biologically begin at conception?

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Question Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    By the power of the Constitution of the USA, I hereby declare myself the 'rights' proxy of the iguana that lives outside my apartment in Florida. Henceforth, I will protect him from any rights violations since he is a living, breathing, creature of this great earth. I must protect his right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!!
    It wouldn't be unheard of.

    You know how chimps are more human (and deserving of rights) than pre-birth humans are.... right?

  2. #132
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Chuz Life,

    This is a sign you have lost:

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    By the power of the Constitution of the USA, I hereby declare myself the 'rights' proxy of the iguana that lives outside my apartment in Florida. Henceforth, I will protect him from any rights violations since he is a living, breathing, creature of this great earth. I must protect his right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!!
    When people start to make jokes utilizing the core logic of your argument that revolve around the most absurd notions but which are still inline with your argument, you have screwed the pooch.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #133
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    It wouldn't be unheard of.

    You know how chimps are more human (and deserving of rights) than pre-birth humans are.... right?
    Human-ness has nothing to do with being deserving of rights.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    It wouldn't be unheard of.

    You know how chimps are more human (and deserving of rights) than pre-birth humans are.... right?
    Error 404: Page Not Found

    Unfortunately, we were unable to find the page you requested.
    apparently it IS unheard of...

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    rolleyes Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Human-ness has nothing to do with being deserving of rights. -Rivrrat

    Basic rights (such as the right your children have to their life) are a function of whether they are "deserved" or not?

    Wow.
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 12-21-09 at 11:03 PM.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Cool Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Chuz Life,

    This is a sign you have lost:

    When people start to make jokes utilizing the core logic of your argument that revolve around the most absurd notions but which are still inline with your argument, you have screwed the pooch.
    In my highschool debate classes,.. we were told that a sure sign of defeat is when someone starts claiming victory or telling you you have lost.

    There is no prize in these exchanges.

    I have the daunting task of trying to convince those who support elective abortions,... that they (some who have already had abortions themselves) are supporting the dehumanization and killing of pre-birth children.

    And you have the task of trying to convince me (despite the biological facts, pictures and my personal experience)... that it's either not a child,... or none of my business.

    It is what it is.

  7. #137
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Human-ness has nothing to do with being deserving of rights. -Rivrrat

    Basic rights (such as the right your children have to their life) are a function of whether they are "deserved" or not?

    Wow.
    You used the term. If you didn't like it's application, perhaps you should have chosen a different one.

    You know how chimps are more human (and deserving of rights) than pre-birth humans are.... right?
    But yes, rights are a function of whether they are deserved or not. Quite obviously, we do not feel that mosquitoes are deserving of rights under our government.

    Now, what other word that you use would you like to oppose when someone else uses it?
    Last edited by rivrrat; 12-21-09 at 11:16 PM.

  8. #138
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I have the daunting task of trying to convince those who support elective abortions,... that they (some who have already had abortions themselves) are supporting the dehumanization and killing of pre-birth children.
    How can you 'dehumanize' a human? LOL As for the latter, what difference does it make? Do you really think that calling something by a different name is going to change what it is or how anyone feels about it?

    OMG! He called my fetus a 'child'!!! I'm so terribly horrified that I had it killed now!! If only I'd known!!

    Is that really what you're expecting?

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    joke Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    You used the term. If you didn't like it's application, perhaps you should have chosen a different one.
    It was sarcasm, my dear.

    And it aparently was lost on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    But yes, rights are a function of whether they are deserved or not. Quite obviously, we do not feel that mosquitoes are deserving of rights under our government.
    I completely disagree.

    In my civics classes we we educated to respect the fact that basic rights are inherent. Rights are not granted or given (deserved or not) which is the basis for the "presumption of innocence" in cases where the accused is obviously guilty (i.e. the Ft. Hood shooter). Likewise,.. even he has a right to his life, equal protection under the law, due process, etc.

    Whether he "deserves" those rights or not?

    Irrelevant.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Rights are not granted or given (deserved or not) which is the basis for the "presumption of innocence" in cases where the accused is obviously guilty (i.e. the Ft. Hood shooter). Likewise,.. even he has a right to his life, equal protection under the law, due process, etc.

    Whether he "deserves" those rights or not?

    Irrelevant.
    Some would say that the Roman Empire had more of a hand in giving the "Presumption of Innocence" idea form than that just being naturally occurring (inherent). I mean, I don't think they've found the "Presumption of Innocence" gene yet...

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •