View Poll Results: Does a new person's life "biologically" begin at conception?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    54 64.29%
  • No

    30 35.71%
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 304

Thread: Does life biologically begin at conception?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    The umbilical cord(made up of cells produced by the child) attaches the child to it's placenta (also produced by the child).

    It is a common mis-perception that prebirth children are attached to their mother's by their umbilical cords.
    and the placenta is connected to the uterine wall. Point is, it's on the inside and different to how their bodies operate on the outside.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Question Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    and the placenta is connected to the uterine wall. Point is, it's on the inside and different to how their bodies operate on the outside.
    Who's (human) heart pumps the (human) blood through the placenta and umbilical cord, Dude?

    Do you know?

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Who's (human) heart pumps the (human) blood through the placenta and umbilical cord, Dude?

    Do you know?
    Depends, how many weeks are we into this pregnancy?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Arrow Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Depends, how many weeks are we into this pregnancy?
    Dude... look it up.

    The mother's blood never enters the child's body. Her blood is blocked by the placental Barrier. Likewise, the child's blood never enters the mother's system (blocked by the same barrier.)

    In as much as a placenta connects the child to the mother, it also divides the two. But no-one ever considers that fact because it doesn't fit your desired outcome.

    Fetal heartbeat.

    Fetal development.

    Placental Barrier
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 12-21-09 at 10:55 AM.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Dude... look it up.

    The mother's blood never enters the child's body. Her blood is blocked by the placental Barrier. Likewise, the child's blood never enters the mother's system (blocked by the same barrier.)

    In as much as a placenta connects the child to the mother, it also divides the two. But no-one ever considers that fact because it doesn't fit your desired outcome.

    Fetal heartbeat.

    Fetal development.

    Placental Barrier
    Oh well, my bad. I was feeding my daughter and thought you were trying to use a trick question so I didn't google it. And you're right, it connects them and it divides them but the fetus requires the mother to develop and perform certain tasks that its body isn't suited for. That is a part of my argument.

    On a side note, what does the fetus do in terms of blood until its own heart develops? I'm still a little busy so if someone could enlighten me on this that'd be super. links please.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 12-21-09 at 11:00 AM.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Arrow Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Oh well, my bad. I was feeding my daughter and thought you were trying to use a trick question so I didn't google it. And you're right, it connects them and it divides them but the fetus requires the mother to develop and perform certain tasks that its body isn't suited for. That is a part of my argument.

    On a side note, what does the fetus do in terms of blood until its own heart develops? I'm still a little busy so if someone could enlighten me on this that'd be super. links please.
    The heart developes

    fetal heart
    The embryonic heart starts beating 22 days after conception, or about five weeks after the last menstrual period, which by convention we call the fifth week of pregnancy. The heart at this stage is too small to hear, even with amplification, but it can sometimes be seen as a flickering in the chest if an ultrasound is done as early as four weeks after conception.
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 12-21-09 at 11:16 AM.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,560

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life
    My daughter had a right to her life,.... from the moment her life began.
    You state your opinion as though it is a demonstrated fact. I'm glad things turned out alright, but to demand that she somehow had a "right" to life is a serious misunderstanding of what "rights" actually are. The problem is that you're responding purely emotionally, not rationally. You're not presenting a case for your argument, you're just insisting that you're right and nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise. In very real terms, we're all talking to a fanatic who has no credible case, just a lot of emotionally-charged assertions.

    And you wonder why most are not impressed?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! SpkOut me!

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Cool Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You state your opinion as though it is a demonstrated fact.
    I base my opinions on facts. And unless I can support them (my pinions) with those facts,... I don't air them.

    You can ignore,dismiss, protest, ridicule all you want.

    But in doing so, you can not change my opinions... unless you first address the facts that I base my opinions upon.

    That's just how we roll round these parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I'm glad things turned out alright, but to demand that she somehow had a "right" to life is a serious misunderstanding of what "rights" actually are.
    Here is the definition of what a "right" is (courtesy of Dude)

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post

    Right n.
    1: qualities (as adherence to duty or obedience to lawful authority) that together constitute the ideal of moral propriety or merit moral approval
    2: something to which one has a just claim: as a: the power or privilege to which one is justly entitled b1: the interest that one has in a piece of property —often used in plural <mineral rights> b2: plural : the property interest possessed under law or custom and agreement in an intangible thing especially of a literary and artistic nature
    3: something that one may properly claim as due
    4: the cause of truth or justice
    My daughter would be just as "just" in her claim to her life as you or I are. In adittion, we have the right to defend one another's rights (claims) by proxy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The problem is that you're responding purely emotionally, not rationally. You're not presenting a case for your argument, you're just insisting that you're right and nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise. In very real terms, we're all talking to a fanatic who has no credible case, just a lot of emotionally-charged assertions.
    Opinion noted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And you wonder why most are not impressed?
    If I were trying to impress people, I would just join your chorus and sing a little louder and a little more enthusiastically..
    Last edited by Chuz Life; 12-21-09 at 03:54 PM.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Medical Dictionary
    Main Entry: child
    Pronunciation:
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form: plural chil·dren /'chil-dr&n, -d&rn/
    1 : an unborn or recently born person
    2 : a young person especially between infancy and youth —with child :

    --Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc
    Fail again. Quoting a dictionary def doesn't change the scientific fact that a fetus/embryo is not homosapien by scientific definition.

  10. #120
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,998

    Re: Does life biologically begin at conception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Fail again. Quoting a dictionary def doesn't change the scientific fact that a fetus/embryo is not homosapien by scientific definition.
    Tell us, great taxologist, what species does a human embryo belong to?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •