View Poll Results: Do the rich live longer because they are more intelligent?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, intelligence has nothing to do with lifespan

    4 7.69%
  • The rich aren't more intelligent than the poor

    5 9.62%
  • It might be one factor in the equation

    7 13.46%
  • Access to healthcare is the most important factor

    11 21.15%
  • Yes, intelligence is a huge factor in living healthily and staying healthy

    25 48.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

  1. #11
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    They live longer because they get luxury health care while the poor clog up the emergency rooms where they are usually sent home with some medicine to hide the symptoms.

  2. #12
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    They live longer because they get luxury health care while the poor clog up the emergency rooms where they are usually sent home with some medicine to hide the symptoms.
    That's because people that provide the goods and services related to health care have a right to be paid for said goods and service; those that are better able to pay get better goods and services.

    So, your point is...?

  3. #13
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, your point is...?
    I just told you my point. I don't like repeating myself.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I just told you my point. I don't like repeating myself.
    He's not asking you to repeat a "statement" you made one post above, he's asking you to explain it because there's nothing in there but you conjecturing.

  5. #15
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    He's not asking you to repeat a "statement" you made one post above, he's asking you to explain it because there's nothing in there but you conjecturing.
    Poor people don't have the financial resources to take care of themselves like rich people do. If you are poor you obviously can't visit a doctor every so often for a check up and get your prostate, colon, and breast cancer screenings, other preventive care, ect. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Poor people don't have the financial resources to take care of themselves like rich people do. If you are poor you obviously can't visit a doctor every so often for a check up and get your prostate, colon, and breast cancer screenings, other preventive care, ect. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    And yet there are "poor people" who get the aid they need through multiple avenues besides their own money, and rich people who neglect their health.

  7. #17
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Poor people don't have the financial resources to take care of themselves like rich people do. If you are poor you obviously can't visit a doctor every so often for a check up and get your prostate, colon, and breast cancer screenings, other preventive care, ect. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    So, does your point stop at 'because rich people can afford better health care' or is there more to it than that?

  8. #18
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, does your point stop at 'because rich people can afford better health care' or is there more to it than that?
    Assuming they use the health care and follow their doctor's recommendations, yes that's about it. That's kind of obvious isn't it?

    And don't forget to brush your teeth...

  9. #19
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Assuming they use the health care and follow their doctor's recommendations, yes that's about it. That's kind of obvious isn't it?
    One does not need to go very far to make the statement that 'the rich live longer because they can afford better health care" and then add "and that is SO unfair".

  10. #20
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Do the Wealthy Live Longer Because They are More Intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    One does not need to go very far to make the statement that 'the rich live longer because they can afford better health care" and then add "and that is SO unfair".
    I'm not blaming rich people if that is what's going through your head. They pay for their health care and that's good. However, I would like to see more people in the lower class with preventive care, not just emergency room care. If they get covered we can expect them to live longer - assuming they use the care provided to them under a public health plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •