View Poll Results: Was it correct to suspend this teacher for taking the students to "Hooters" restauran

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 23.01%
  • No

    87 76.99%
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 465

Thread: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

  1. #451
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,058

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I would first have to understand your reasoning behind such a requirement (parental consent). What is it about Hooters that minors should have to obtain consent?
    Portraying women specifically as sex objects over the value of the food aspect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #452
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,058

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so now you want to equate a topless facility with hooters
    your weird, off-the-mark analogies, have no credibility
    hooters is a public restaurant, open to all ages ... not so the topless facility you would want us to - unreasonably - compare it to
    come back when you have something to offer which reasonable people would find convincing
    It is a logical analogy... sorry that you don't understand it. *shrugs*

    Not understanding my valid point in no way diminishes its value. Also, was bolding "anal" supposed to add to your credibility as capable of mature, intelligent discussion?

    1. Show how my analogy was illogical.
    2. Stop with the pathetic Logical Fallacies (i.e. Appeal to Popularity).
    3. Explain why Hooters is incapable of being reclassified to a restaurant that should not allow minors. Logically. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #453
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It is a logical analogy... sorry that you don't understand it. *shrugs*

    Not understanding my valid point in no way diminishes its value. Also, was bolding "anal" supposed to add to your credibility as capable of mature, intelligent discussion?

    1. Show how my analogy was illogical.
    my pleasure:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Why it is not what?

    Woman also get abortions when it is not needed since it is legal, does that make it right or positive?
    not only illogical, but also quite weird ... the adjective i previously used
    i will invite you to share the "logic" found within that "analogy

    2. Stop with the pathetic Logical Fallacies (i.e. Appeal to Popularity).
    translation: this is the defense used when accepted conventions are presented to buttress argumnents which undermine your own
    i refuse to place reason and reality on the shelf simply because you do not like that they utterly destroy your weak assertions

    3. Explain why Hooters is incapable of being reclassified to a restaurant that should not allow minors. Logically. Good luck.
    easiest one of all. hooters is presently a public restaurant which is not subject to an age limit for its customers. because government is prepared to protect the public's interests and has not chosen to do so by imposing an age restriction, it is obvious to anyone who cares to see that hooters is simply a restaurant, no different from other restaurants other than its unique cachet. which uniqueness is needed to survive in a competitive environment, to distinguish it from its competitors and to offer something compelling to the public to elicit their patronage

  4. #454
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,058

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    my pleasure:

    not only illogical, but also quite weird ... the adjective i previously used
    i will invite you to share the "logic" found within that "analogy
    Being weird to you does not make it illogical. Fail.

    translation: this is the defense used when accepted conventions are presented to buttress argumnents which undermine your own
    i refuse to place reason and reality on the shelf simply because you do not like that they utterly destroy your weak assertions
    Incorrect. It is a logical fallacy because it is a logical fallacy. Does this mean that you are incorrect? Nope... but you have to prove why you are correct instead of falling into a fallacy that simply states that you are right because a majority agrees with you. You are still displaying that you don't understand logic, thus indicating that debating logic with you is illogical, and consequenly pointless...

    Abortion is legal.
    Hooters is legal for minors.
    Abortion being legal does not mean that it is best for society or individuals.
    Hooters being legal for minors does not mean that it is best for society or individuals.

    easiest one of all. hooters is presently a public restaurant which is not subject to an age limit for its customers. because government is prepared to protect the public's interests and has not chosen to do so by imposing an age restriction, it is obvious to anyone who cares to see that hooters is simply a restaurant, no different from other restaurants other than its unique cachet. which uniqueness is needed to survive in a competitive environment, to distinguish it from its competitors and to offer something compelling to the public to elicit their patronage
    It's uniqueness makes it different. If it is different, then it can fall into a different classification, such as a topless bar or as a take out only. You either get this or you dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #455
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    what you don't get is what you want - hooters off limits to minors - is not the reality
    deal with it. that reality devastates your lame, unsustainable argument

    had the teacher taken the students to a place of business where minors were not legally able to be patrons, your position would have considerable traction. unfortunately for you and your wrong headed assertions, the students dined at a restaurant lawfully licensed to serve all ages. you, like that teacher's school administration, got this one wrong

  6. #456
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    01-08-10 @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    well hooters isn't a bad or inappropriate place but come on there wasn't another restaurant in the area you could have gone to that would have been safer choice? Thats on the line and if she was smart she would have kept her self far from the line.

  7. #457
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,058

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what you don't get is what you want - hooters off limits to minors - is not the reality
    deal with it. that reality devastates your lame, unsustainable argument
    Of course I get that this is the reality at this moment...
    You are talking about basic math and I am trying to get you into particle physics.
    Reality was, at one time, Prohibition was in place... people didn't like it, violence occured and the law was repealed.
    That could happen here, probably won't, but that is were you fall into Logical fallacy as the entire construct of your argument.

    What you call lame is apparently a concept that you are simply unable to understand. Deal with that.

    had the teacher taken the students to a place of business where minors were not legally able to be patrons, your position would have considerable traction. unfortunately for you and your wrong headed assertions, the students dined at a restaurant lawfully licensed to serve all ages. you, like that teacher's school administration, got this one wrong
    You are one of those, "reality is what people tell me it is and nothing else" kinda people... huh?

    Attack the person and not the argument. Pathetic. Weak. Predictable. Well, if that is your style then... see ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #458
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Of course I get that this is the reality at this moment...
    You are talking about basic math and I am trying to get you into particle physics.
    Reality was, at one time, Prohibition was in place... people didn't like it, violence occured and the law was repealed.
    That could happen here, probably won't, but that is were you fall into Logical fallacy as the entire construct of your argument.

    What you call lame is apparently a concept that you are simply unable to understand. Deal with that.



    You are one of those, "reality is what people tell me it is and nothing else" kinda people... huh?

    Attack the person and not the argument. Pathetic. Weak. Predictable. Well, if that is your style then... see ya.
    your unconditional surrender is hereby accepted

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    It's improper for any teacher to take any minor students to any emporium that dispenses alcoholic beverages without prior parental consent.

  10. #460
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Portraying women specifically as sex objects over the value of the food aspect...
    You mean they're not sex objects?

    What are they good for, then?

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •