View Poll Results: Was it correct to suspend this teacher for taking the students to "Hooters" restauran

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 23.01%
  • No

    87 76.99%
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 465

Thread: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your point? because there are more "demeaning" outfits, the Hooters outfits can't be? You do realize how stupid that argument is?
    I'm doing what many others fail to do, putting things into perspective. Things don't look so bad from where I'm sitting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are speculating based on what you want to be true. You have zero evidence to back this up. I bet you are really a con sitting in prison playing with your computer there. I have as much evidence to support that claim as you have to support yours.
    Which is why I said "I THINK" and proposed a method to solve that mystery.
    You're awful persnickety tonight, even for you.

  2. #372
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And no one is trying to force their morality on anyone here except Disney and a few like him. The argument is that parents should be the one to decide what is appropriate for their kids, instead of the schools deciding and forcing that decision down the throats of the kids.
    Right I'm forcing morality on anyone. I'm the one saying that the parents of ONE child who had an issue with it shouldn't be able to dictate to the school what is appropriate and what isn't.
    Yes, Redress....we COULD allow parents to micromanage every decision that a school makes. Perhaps we should send lesson plans home every night to get approval from the parents for each class. We should send a school lunch menu home the week before, just in case a parent has a complaint that needs to be address. We should clear every song a band or choir sings with the parents beforehand so as not to offend anyone's sensibilities.
    Yes...Redress you are right....parents should make every decision for the school.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #373
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Right I'm forcing morality on anyone. I'm the one saying that the parents of ONE child who had an issue with it shouldn't be able to dictate to the school what is appropriate and what isn't.
    Yes, Redress....we COULD allow parents to micromanage every decision that a school makes. Perhaps we should send lesson plans home every night to get approval from the parents for each class. We should send a school lunch menu home the week before, just in case a parent has a complaint that needs to be address. We should clear every song a band or choir sings with the parents beforehand so as not to offend anyone's sensibilities.
    Yes...Redress you are right....parents should make every decision for the school.
    No, you are saying that parents should not be the one to make decisions about what is appropriate for their kids. If the school decides, the parents don't, and the school's decision is forced down the throats of parents. If the school informs parents, then the parents can make decisions for their individual children, which in no way forces the decision on every one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #374
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, you are saying that parents should not be the one to make decisions about what is appropriate for their kids. If the school decides, the parents don't, and the school's decision is forced down the throats of parents. If the school informs parents, then the parents can make decisions for their individual children, which in no way forces the decision on every one.

    Yup, exactly so.


    And, Disney .... lunch menus ARE sent home ahead of time here.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, you are saying that parents should not be the one to make decisions about what is appropriate for their kids. If the school decides, the parents don't, and the school's decision is forced down the throats of parents. If the school informs parents, then the parents can make decisions for their individual children, which in no way forces the decision on every one.
    I believe what he's saying is that an irate parent, especially just ONE irate parent, who's mad over going to HOOTERS, should not be enough to SUSPEND a teacher.

  6. #376
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I believe what he's saying is that an irate parent, especially just ONE irate parent, who's mad over going to HOOTERS, should not be enough to SUSPEND a teacher.
    A parent did not suspend a teacher, the school did. The parents of at least one kid complained that the teacher took their kid to Hooters without permission, which is a legitimate complaint. The school, based on the complaint and the nature of things(does taking kids somewhere without parental permission violate school rules? Does this teacher have a history of poor decision making? Who knows, but the school certainly has more details than us) made the decision to suspend the teacher.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    A parent did not suspend a teacher, the school did. The parents of at least one kid complained that the teacher took their kid to Hooters without permission, which is a legitimate complaint. The school, based on the complaint and the nature of things(does taking kids somewhere without parental permission violate school rules? Does this teacher have a history of poor decision making? Who knows, but the school certainly has more details than us) made the decision to suspend the teacher.
    I didn't say the parent did it. Do you really think me that stupid? I said "Enough to suspend a Teacher".

  8. #378
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I didn't say the parent did it. Do you really think me that stupid? I said "Enough to suspend a Teacher".
    Still making assumptions though. One parent, or set of parents, is not what got the teacher suspended. The school, based on the details(remember the ones I mentioned as possible? Can you think of more?) decided to suspend the teacher.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Still making assumptions though. One parent, or set of parents, is not what got the teacher suspended. The school, based on the details(remember the ones I mentioned as possible? Can you think of more?) decided to suspend the teacher.
    What's the school's number? I'm going to call right now and get a statement....or at least leave a message...

    EDIT:

    Got it. I'm sure someone will get back to me after the Holidays...

    Paradise Valley High School
    3950 E. Bell Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85032
    602-449-7000
    602-449- 7005 fax

    School Hours:
    7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 12-23-09 at 09:14 PM.

  10. #380
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, you are saying that parents should not be the one to make decisions about what is appropriate for their kids. If the school decides, the parents don't, and the school's decision is forced down the throats of parents. If the school informs parents, then the parents can make decisions for their individual children, which in no way forces the decision on every one.
    No. I am saying that there are some decisions that parents should make and some that should be deferred to the schools. Can't you see how ridiculous it is the have the parents micromanage and make every decision there is to be made?

    I understand and agree that there are some decisions that parents should make, but you have to be reasonable. Deciding every step that the school makes and every restaurant that a student eats in is not reasonable.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •