View Poll Results: Was it correct to suspend this teacher for taking the students to "Hooters" restauran

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 23.01%
  • No

    87 76.99%
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 465

Thread: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

  1. #361
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm not denying it...I just don't believe it is inappropriate. Our society has decided they are an "all age" establishment and therefore it is appropriate for all ages.
    There's nothing inappropriate for a teacher/student mealtime location.
    but many of us feel that it should NOT be an "all age" establishment...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    but many of us feel that it should NOT be an "all age" establishment...
    Then don't take your kids.

  3. #363
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There is so much wrong with your post...I don't even know where to start.

    First of all...Most people don't go to Hooters to look at "T and A". If that is what people wanted...they could go to a strip club to see a lot more and get a free buffet while they were at it.

    Second....so it would be completely fine with you for the kids to go on their own...yet, if the teacher goes....all of a sudden your pants get all cinched up.

    Third....there is no "moral compass" to check. Seriously....I cannot understand the mindset of those who are all worked up over this. This is an all age restaurant....not a 21 and over club....and we are talking high school kids, not eight year olds.

    I have to believe that the vast majority of the people complaining, have no clue what a Hooters restaurant is....
    Give me a break. The reason Hooters is so popular is because of the T&A Factor and you can try to deny it all you want but that does not change the reason behind their success.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  4. #364
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Then don't take your kids.
    I won't. Especially since both my kids are girls, Hooters demeans women to a large degree IMO. Point is though, your comment has nothing to do with the topic. I have been there a few times. Women can do whatever they want, and my girls can once they are older than they are now, but boys are a different issue here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I won't. Especially since both my kids are girls, Hooters demeans women to a large degree IMO. Point is though, your comment has nothing to do with the topic. I have been there a few times. Women can do whatever they want, and my girls can once they are older than they are now, but boys are a different issue here ...
    Yeah how dare they force those women to work there and they don't tell them they're wearing a demeaning uniform either! And the point is that we don't need people (especially minorities, in this case 1 kid's parents) to cause a ruckus over what they believe when no harm was done. I bet these same parents complaining buy their kid M rated games and watch MTV. People are such hypocrites, especially when there's drama and media coverage to be had.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Yeah how dare they force those women to work there and they don't tell them they're wearing a demeaning uniform either! And the point is that we don't need people (especially minorities, in this case 1 kid's parents) to cause a ruckus over what they believe when no harm was done. I bet these same parents complaining buy their kid M rated games and watch MTV. People are such hypocrites, especially when there's drama and media coverage to be had.
    What are you on?

    Who is talking about forcing them... these girls get the job if and when they WANT to apply or not.
    They are wearing a demeaning uniform, but it is not as bad as some... so?
    And the point is that you and many others here are falling into the logical fallacy of Appeal to Popularity...
    you are seeing a minority or one complain and then just say, what is their deal we all think that it is fine... when it may well not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #367
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What are you on?

    Who is talking about forcing them... these girls get the job if and when they WANT to apply or not.
    They are wearing a demeaning uniform, but it is not as bad as some... so?
    And the point is that you and many others here are falling into the logical fallacy of Appeal to Popularity...
    you are seeing a minority or one complain and then just say, what is their deal we all think that it is fine... when it may well not be.
    What about the uniform is demeaning? Its shorts and a tank top....give me a break. ITs not as if the women are walking around wearing G-strings and pasties.

    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    joke Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What are you on?

    Who is talking about forcing them... these girls get the job if and when they WANT to apply or not.
    It was blatantly ridiculous because it was sarcasm. See the part where I agree with you is ridiculous, that part. And only ugly bitches complain about women being demeaned, cause hot bitches get what they want with their bodies. Misogyny for the win, baby. Get back to the kitchen and make me a sammich!


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    They are wearing a demeaning uniform, but it is not as bad as some... so?
    Strippers wear demeaning uniforms...if any uniform at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And the point is that you and many others here are falling into the logical fallacy of Appeal to Popularity...
    It's the appeal to people to act like adults and not force their morality down the throats of others. But yeah, I guess that would be the Popular option...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    you are seeing a minority or one complain and then just say, what is their deal we all think that it is fine... when it may well not be.
    There's a difference between a minority being wronged, and a minor party bitching. I still think these parents are hypocrites. I bet they let their child watch MTV and play M rated games. If I can find their info I'm going to call and ask them some questions and ask their son.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 12-23-09 at 07:55 PM.

  9. #369
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post


    Strippers wear demeaning uniforms...if any uniform at all.
    Your point? because there are more "demeaning" outfits, the Hooters outfits can't be? You do realize how stupid that argument is?



    It's the appeal to people to act like adults and not force their morality down the throats of others. But yeah, I guess that would be the Popular option...
    And no one is trying to force their morality on anyone here except Disney and a few like him. The argument is that parents should be the one to decide what is appropriate for their kids, instead of the schools deciding and forcing that decision down the throats of the kids.



    There's a difference between a minority being wronged, and a minor party bitching. I still think these parents are hypocrites. I bet they let their child watch MTV and play M rated games. If I can find their info I'm going to call and ask them some questions and ask their son.
    You are speculating based on what you want to be true. You have zero evidence to back this up. I bet you are really a con sitting in prison playing with your computer there. I have as much evidence to support that claim as you have to support yours.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #370
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Give me a break. The reason Hooters is so popular is because of the T&A Factor and you can try to deny it all you want but that does not change the reason behind their success.
    yup!! fronts and bottoms sell wings and salsa
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •