View Poll Results: Was it correct to suspend this teacher for taking the students to "Hooters" restauran

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 23.01%
  • No

    87 76.99%
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 465

Thread: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

  1. #261
    Advisor Regicollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-09-10 @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    318

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    So what really happened here? A teacher took an all-male group of students to a restaurant where the waitresses wear a little less clothes than in other places. What is the big deal? - I'm sure male high school students already knows how big-busted women looks.

    What also puzzles me is that the school bends over backwards to appease the parents of the single student. Even if there was a reason to believe the teacher did something wrong, surely a milder sanction would be in place.

    I would be happy if someone could clarify exactly why some people are so afraid of anything remotely sexual and why the rest of American society seems so afraid of these people and so willing to appease them.
    The poor complain; they always do
    But thatís just idle chatter
    Our system brings reward to all
    At least all those who matter.

  2. #262
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Even Chuck E. Cheese serves alcohol:

    Chuck E. Cheese - Menu - Menu Items




    Just clarifying that fact so that we can stop assuming that this bastion of debauchery is wholesome.
    That's right. Chuck E. Cheese is out too.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #263
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Your argument has fallen apart. You said they were a family restaurant, no different than any other. They are not, they say they are not. There was no academic reason to go there. There were other choices. A parent objected. A kid was made to feel uncomfortable by an ancillary aspect of an otherwise potentially enriching school sponsored trip.

    If you want to take your kids there, go ahead. That has no impact on whether or not it is appropriate for the teacher to take someone else's kids there.
    Is there an "academic reason" to go to ANY restaurant that is incidental to an otherwise planned school outing? I fail to see any "academic reason" why Chili's or Denny's or Burger King would have been a better choice.

    Because one parent objected, we are going to allow them to dictate what is appropriate and what isn't?

    If you read the article, the kid who's parents object CHOSE to go with the group. Others offered to go to Subway with him. There were other options available if he chose to accept the offer.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #264
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Not at the HS my daughter grad from 2 yrs ago, or the one I grad from way back when.
    They were at my high school in UTAH of all places. I remember distinctly, the Cheerleaders doing a dance where they would turn around and flip their skirts up exposing their rear ends...that were covered in tights.

    Something like..."We're gonna beat the Whoopie out of you".

    Again....this is "selective outrage"...nothing more.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #265
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Is there an "academic reason" to go to ANY restaurant that is incidental to an otherwise planned school outing? I fail to see any "academic reason" why Chili's or Denny's or Burger King would have been a better choice.

    Because one parent objected, we are going to allow them to dictate what is appropriate and what isn't?

    If you read the article, the kid who's parents object CHOSE to go with the group. Others offered to go to Subway with him. There were other options available if he chose to accept the offer.

    Of course not. However, there was no reason TO go to Hooter's, therefore deciding whether or not to take the kids to a place that markets sex appeal is a no-brainer. NO.

    There was no inherent reason they had to go there.
    The reason given (that no other place could accomodate the group) is bogus.
    The parents did not give permission.
    The school did not give permission.

    This is really simple - the teacher was over the line. And her followup lie (that NO other place could feed them) makes her situation even worse.

    I initially thought suspending the teach was too much. I've changed my mind. She earned the suspension.

  6. #266
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Of course not. However, there was no reason TO go to Hooter's, therefore deciding whether or not to take the kids to a place that markets sex appeal is a no-brainer. NO.

    There was no inherent reason they had to go there.
    The reason given (that no other place could accomodate the group) is bogus.
    The parents did not give permission.
    The school did not give permission.

    This is really simple - the teacher was over the line. And her followup lie (that NO other place could feed them) makes her situation even worse.

    I initially thought suspending the teach was too much. I've changed my mind. She earned the suspension.
    But that's exactly it...there was no inherent reason to go there or NOT to go there. It was an age appropriate restaurant open to ALL AGES.
    Sorry....but there are many places, including HIGH SCHOOLS that market sex appeal. You cannot tell me that Cheerleading and Drill teams do not exist for sex appeal...they ALWAYS have.

    Its ridiculous to think that whenever students go on an outing, especially one for several days, that the school would have to Pre-Approve every restaurant or stop that they make.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #267
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They were at my high school in UTAH of all places. I remember distinctly, the Cheerleaders doing a dance where they would turn around and flip their skirts up exposing their rear ends...that were covered in tights.

    Something like..."We're gonna beat the Whoopie out of you".

    Again....this is "selective outrage"...nothing more.


    Well, then, perhaps your school would have given permission; mine wouldn't have. That's fer sure. My daughter went on three extended field trips during her time in school. They were very exacting in all their permissions and itineraries. The chaperoning teachers all exercised excellent judgement, as well. I was very happy with all involved, every time.


    And, in this situation, the teacher got permission from neither the school, nor the parents.

  8. #268
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    But that's exactly it...there was no inherent reason to go there or NOT to go there. It was an age appropriate restaurant open to ALL AGES.
    Sorry....but there are many places, including HIGH SCHOOLS that market sex appeal. You cannot tell me that Cheerleading and Drill teams do not exist for sex appeal...they ALWAYS have.

    Its ridiculous to think that whenever students go on an outing, especially one for several days, that the school would have to Pre-Approve every restaurant or stop that they make.

    You're clearly incorrect about this. There is an inherent reason not to go. One of the parents involved in the trip objected. One of the kids objected. Some of the posters in this thread objected.

    It is neither age-appropriate nor content-appropriate for a school sponsored trip. The target market of this restaurant is males aged 25-54.

  9. #269
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    You're clearly incorrect about this. There is an inherent reason not to go. One of the parents involved in the trip objected. One of the kids objected. Some of the posters in this thread objected.

    It is neither age-appropriate nor content-appropriate for a school sponsored trip. The target market of this restaurant is males aged 25-54.

    I cannot believe that you would support the parents of one child to dictate to everyone else what is appropriate or not. Can you imagine if every single restaurant had to appeal to every single parent?

    I went on many school trips and a "general" itinerary was planned...but it rarely included the restaurants we would eat at or where we would stop for potty breaks.

    Seriously....there are some posters here that are objecting to going to ANY restaurant that serve liquor. Are we seriously going to put up with this type of BS from any parent that gets their panties in a bunch over any little issue?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #270
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Hooters - should this teacher be suspended for this?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Not at the HS my daughter grad from 2 yrs ago, or the one I grad from way back when.
    I used to love the way the cheerleaders did the splits after they got tossed in the air when I was in school because you could usually get a peek at some camel toe.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •