View Poll Results: Is Christianity a Political Movement?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 41.86%
  • No

    18 41.86%
  • Wait, what?

    1 2.33%
  • Other

    6 13.95%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 177

Thread: Is Christianity Political?

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    Like any question asked about a gigantic population or multifaceted thing, the answer can only be "it depends." That is, unless you enjoy ignoring whatever evidence doesn't fit your own convenient narrative.
    Since the question involves the totality, there would have to be evidence the totality is involved in something. There is no such evidence. Perhaps you would care to show some?

    Are people who are christian political? Of course. Are there people who are christian who are apolitical? Of course. Are there christian political organizations? Yes. Are there christian organizations which are totally apolitical? Yes as well. See the thing here? It's not the totality, it's subsets within the set.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So, which logical fallacy, in all of your expertise, Dav, do you believe I've engaged in here?
    "Utter stupidity"


    Here is your original claim:

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Political candidates for higher office must be Christian.
    Many Christian churches and organizations have a political agenda.
    Many Christian organizations have influenced political issues for religious reasons.
    Thus, Christianity is political.
    This does not follow any sort of logical or deductive reasoning of any sort. As Redress pointed out, we've already provided age, handicapped status, and charisma as examples which disprove your point.

    Incidentally, Jefferson was a Deist, and many people in both state and Federal government are Jewish.

    EDIT: And as I have said several times- if Christianity was political in America, the "Christian Party" would get 75% of the vote each election.
    Last edited by Dav; 12-17-09 at 05:08 PM.

  3. #33
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,434

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Sure. The pope runs his own state.
    Thank you

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    A new Jesus for a new era...


  5. #35
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Political candidates for higher office must be Christian.


    Refuted.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Percentage of American presidents that attended a Christian church: 100%.

  7. #37
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Percentage of American presidents that attended a Christian church: 100%.
    Which fallacy? Another one: moving the goalposts.

    "Political candidates for higher office" becomes "American presidents." You're all over the place, Catz. Just give up.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    Which fallacy? Another one: moving the goalposts.

    "Political candidates for higher office" becomes "American presidents." You're all over the place, Catz. Just give up.
    Why? It's abundantly clear that I have a better grasp of the subject.

  9. #39
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Can you imagine a Muslim trying to get elected POTUS? Do we have any politicians in the US that have successfully run for office who are Muslim?
    yes, we do. two, in fact.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #40
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Political candidates for higher office must have a certain amount of charisma. Therefore charisma is political. See how stupid that sounds?

    Many Christian churches and organizations do not have a political agenda.

    Your argument fails, and fails hard.
    most religions are right to life, so in fact, do have a political agenda, namely reversing roe v wade.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •