View Poll Results: Is Christianity a Political Movement?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 41.86%
  • No

    18 41.86%
  • Wait, what?

    1 2.33%
  • Other

    6 13.95%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 177

Thread: Is Christianity Political?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Political candidates for higher office must have a certain amount of charisma. Therefore charisma is political. See how stupid that sounds?
    Candidates for president must be at least 35. Therefore age is political.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Candidates for president must be at least 35. Therefore age is political.
    True. I bet that 35 was once considered old age.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    All old people are just part of a political movement. We should stop giving them age-related benefits like social security and medicare and let them freely embrace the fact that they are a money-making entertainment-providing political action committee.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Is Christianity a political movement?
    If it is, God's going to be really mad.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Don't forget the handicapped. There are handicapped lobbyists, and lobbyists for handicapped. Being handicapped is a political movement!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    If it is, God's going to be really mad.
    I just thanked one of Whip's posts. I need a shower now. More so than usual, I mean.



    Catz: you might want to read up - [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy]Fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    I just thanked one of Whip's posts. I need a shower now. More so than usual, I mean.



    Catz: you might want to read up - Fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So, which logical fallacy, in all of your expertise, Dav, do you believe I've engaged in here?

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    The fallacy that you think you have made a point here. It's been good entertainment, we have added age and handicapped status and charisma to those things which are politics. We can keep going and fully show the absurdity of your argument if you want.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Like any question asked about a gigantic population or multifaceted thing, the answer can only be "it depends." That is, unless you enjoy ignoring whatever evidence doesn't fit your own convenient narrative.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is Christianity Political?

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Can you imagine a Muslim trying to get elected POTUS? Do we have any politicians in the US that have successfully run for office who are Muslim?
    Obama


    But even Muslim stands a better chance than atheist. The whole thing about being a "christian" nation, about having to be Christian to get into high public office, etc. show that Christianity is entangled into the political process. And regardless of whether or not people want to admit that, how does that mean that they can't be immune to hate speech? I still don't see how anyone is immune to hate speech. You can't punish hate speech less someone is also infringing upon the rights of others in the process.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •