View Poll Results: Who does the US political system serve?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Themselves.

    28 30.43%
  • Career politicians.

    41 44.57%
  • The parties, its a dogfight. Democracy and the people the victims.

    22 23.91%
  • Corporate America.

    66 71.74%
  • The military industrial complex.

    28 30.43%
  • The nation

    14 15.22%
  • The people. (I did not really read the other options)

    4 4.35%
  • The people. (I read the other options)

    30 32.61%
  • Corruption.

    27 29.35%
  • Some other option.. (Explain it)

    11 11.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94

Thread: Who does the American political system serve?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Its obvious that you have a hatred for our system, Max, the sooner you live up to this, the better - for your peace of mind and happiness.
    Our political system is far from perfect, reform is necessary, we simply need many more Americans to care and to participate.
    No vote...
    If your nation is as corrupt and biased as the poll selections....
    Our nation is pretty corrupt but what happens is that people don't see it or most likely don't care.

    But really how can a man with a white tiger be full of hatred?

  2. #62
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Mine is most likely deeper and broader than yours.

    If you deny stupid people has problems understanding smart people then certainly there is something wrong with your interpretation of reality. And also if you deny smart people have problems understanding stupid people, then your interpretation of reality simply lacks depth.

    If you think smart people is in majority, then there is something wrong with your logic.

    Also, if you think education is synonymous with intelligence then your logic simply fails and is too narrow and you have too little of it.
    I understand you have trouble understanding basic comments, and understanding the US political system. If you are going to comment on it, instead of insulting every one who knows better, you might educate yourself. Ignorance is curable.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #63
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I understand you have trouble understanding basic comments, and understanding the US political system. If you are going to comment on it, instead of insulting every one who knows better, you might educate yourself. Ignorance is curable.
    You see things in simple ways.. Too bad for you that you just have no idea about what I am talking about. I suggest you try to understand my point instead of doing personal attacks, like you have in all your post.

    I can also say you are an uneducated idiot in general, but I dont. Ok?



    To be able to properly understand politics for example, it is not only necessary to understand politics, but all other subjects as well, even utopian human morals, or the exchange of gold for money, even warfare. All those kind of things, not only politics or related things, form your understanding of politics and your intepretation of it. Just because you have a poor perspective of things, dont mean other need to have that as well. It could be that you know American politics more technically than me, but I comprehend the reality of politics in America in a far superior way to you.

    If you cannot understand other logic than straigh forward logic I do feel sorry for you. Ok?
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 12-13-09 at 07:02 AM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #64
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    My question is this. Did you really read the other options? & Are you really so naive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I suggest you try to understand my point instead of doing personal attacks, like you have in all your post.
    Irony alert!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #65
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    You see things in simple ways.. Too bad for you that you just have no idea about what I am talking about. I suggest you try to understand my point instead of doing personal attacks, like you have in all your post.

    I can also say you are an uneducated idiot in general, but I dont. Ok?



    To be able to properly understand politics for example, it is not only necessary to understand politics, but all other subjects as well, even utopian human morals, or the exchange of gold for money, even warfare. All those kind of things, not only politics or related things, form your understanding of politics and your intepretation of it. Just because you have a poor perspective of things, dont mean other need to have that as well. It could be that you know American politics more technically than me, but I comprehend the reality of politics in America in a far superior way to you.

    If you cannot understand other logic than straigh forward logic I do feel sorry for you. Ok?
    Let me ask you you two simple questions:

    1) Who elects our politicians?

    2) Who has the power to elect a different politician if the first one does not do as we choose?

    Your problem is you see corruption that is inherent in any political system, and don't see the strengths of the system. There are no flawless systems. Just because a system has flaws does not make it a bad system.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #66
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Irony alert!
    No. It was a question, not a statement.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #67
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Let me ask you you two simple questions:

    1) Who elects our politicians?

    2) Who has the power to elect a different politician if the first one does not do as we choose?

    Your problem is you see corruption that is inherent in any political system, and don't see the strengths of the system. There are no flawless systems. Just because a system has flaws does not make it a bad system.
    1) Probably mostly the media. Media owners, media leadership, editors, journalists, reporters and so fourth.

    On the other hand, it is invalid to not mention money. Money has a major influence, and most of the time when someone is elected, the rich and the corporations, special interests and so fourth are also selecting/electing politicians.

    The people are tools, the people are made to believe they rule, and that is the beauty of democracy. It pains to the people the image they want to see, while the reality is different. What better front is there on corruption then the pre-emptive notion that democracy "means that people are in power". While in reality, they are not.

    2) The media I would say, but if political scandals they almost have an obligation to report. So in praxis it is the politicias who resign. The people havent thrown a politician out of office in the US to my knowledge. I am probably wrong. But I cannot think of any case where an overwhelming mob/demonstrations have thrown a politician out of office by surpassing the police and washinton security. I cannot remember to ever have read about something like that in modern American history. It probably have happened in America prior to 1850.


    No, but reality makes it a bad system.
    I see the strenghts of all systems, including communism in China for example.

    Americans tend to watch capitalis democracy as the only option. American politics and governance is becoming dogmatic, and always curses other ideas such a socialism or communism or any other alternatives, even as democracy in America is not only corrupted but rotten from the core out.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  8. #68
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Just curious as to you opinion about this. Visible multiple choice vote.


    I chose corporate America, but in reality that option is too simplistic. The reality is the government serves all special interest groups who have the power and money to send lobbyists and campaign contributions to politicians. The government does serve corporate america first, as they have the most money and lobbyists. But congress will also occasionally throw a bone to other powerful interest groups like religious groups, the AARP, etc. But this is OUR fault. If we actually held our politicians accountable, this would not happen. We have a system which in about a year, if the people of this nation woke up to the fact that the government no longer serves their needs, they could change things almost immediately with no violence or strife. Sadly that will not happen, and congress will continue only to serve corporate interests and big special interests.
    Last edited by Frodly; 12-13-09 at 07:43 AM.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  9. #69
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    I chose corporate America, but in reality that option is too simplistic. The reality is the government serves all special interest groups who have the power and money to send lobbyists and campaign contributions to politicians. The government does serve corporate america first, as they have the most money and lobbyists. But congress will also occasionally throw a bone to other powerful interest groups like religious groups, the AARP, etc. But this is OUR fault. If we actually held our politicians accountable, this would not happen. We have a system which in about a year, if the people of this nation woke up to the fact that the government no longer serves their needs, they could change things almost immediately with no violence or strife. Sadly that will not happen, and congress will continue only to serve corporate interests and big special interests.
    The problem is, the system will not let the people see the reality, nor change it.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #70
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Who does the American political system serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    The problem is, the system will not let the people see the reality, nor change it.


    I disagree. It does everything it can to hinder people from seeing it, by setting up the me vs them mentality, and convincing people that there is actually a difference in the actions of the 2 parties(the rhetoric of course, the actions, not so much). But apparently you see it. I see it. Everyone else can too. That does not mean they will, I know that they won't.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •