View Poll Results: Is racism wrong?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    119 31.65%
  • No

    251 66.76%
  • There is no such thing as racism

    6 1.60%
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 381

Thread: Is racism wrong?

  1. #321
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    but people have a right to be an Aholes if they choose. I ran into a couple at Krogers just today. ---I will defend a persons right to burn the flag, as long as they understand that I will exercise my rights to strongly object to them doing so. I have fought for much less.--I would never tell them they didn't have the right, just that like with all rights, there are consequences.
    Burning flags wouldn't be any fun in no one objected or found it offensive. No one would do it.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #322
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Burning flags wouldn't be any fun in no one objected or found it offensive. No one would do it.
    Personally, I've never felt the urge to burn a flag - until someone tried to make it illegal.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Personally, I've never felt the urge to burn a flag - until someone tried to make it illegal.
    Then you will deal with the repercussions as well......

  4. #324
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Not this kind of respect. You get it just for being a human being. I'm talking about basic decency and manners. You did learn that stuff, right?
    Well then, here's some more disagreeing we can do---I have met many Human beings, that get no respect from me, at all. they don't act respectable, so that is how I treat them. Like you say, It's my call.---I'm sure some folks may feel that way about me. --and that is their call.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  5. #325
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Then you will deal with the repercussions as well......
    I'm so sick of all this political correctness crap. Bunch of whiners.

  6. #326
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm so sick of all this political correctness crap. Bunch of whiners.
    Hahahahah--yeppers
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  7. #327
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Well then, here's some more disagreeing we can do---I have met many Human beings, that get no respect from me, at all. they don't act respectable, so that is how I treat them. Like you say, It's my call.---I'm sure some folks may feel that way about me. --and that is their call.
    And that's fine - but is there anyone on this thread who you feel that way about? I presume you at least give everyone respect until you find they don't deserve it, right? So here's a nutty idea (and when I say "you" I mean all of us, not singling out you Skateguy) - everyone treat everyone else with a courtesy, and that includes not saying rude or offensive things to people who don't deserve it or you don't know, and don't go blathering about "political correctness" or freedom of speech when someone points out your rudeness and asks you to stop. Crazy idea, I know.
    Last edited by misterman; 01-03-10 at 11:20 PM.

  8. #328
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,585

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Racism is wrong and usually due to ignorance and / or stupidity

    so is pretending that all ethnic groups are the same or that all forms of culture are equally valid or valuable



  9. #329
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    There are genetic disparities which result in certain physical differences between populations, but their impact on functionality is not severe enough to justify the chasm a racist postulates to exist to between his people and their alleged inferiors. There is basically no working difference. So, the racist must be espousing an illogical precept.

    Of course, racist beliefs are sometimes proxies for antipathy to different cultures.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #330
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    And that's fine - but is there anyone on this thread who you feel that way about? I presume you at least give everyone respect until you find they don't deserve it, right? So here's a nutty idea (and when I say "you" I mean all of us, not singling out you Skateguy) - everyone treat everyone else with a courtesy, and that includes not saying rude or offensive things to people who don't deserve it or you don't know, and don't go blathering about "political correctness" or freedom of speech when someone points out your rudeness and asks you to stop. Crazy idea, I know.
    I have no problem with anyone on this forum. Just the opposite. I find most to be very knowledgeable, intelligent and witty. which is why I look forward to coming on here. I have not been rude to anyone that I am aware of. Even if I felt a little insulted, I tried to keep my cool. Just figured I'm the new guy, and people were feeling me out. Not to be confused with feeling me up.---I'm actually a very easy going guy, that enjoys talking about a varsity of subjects. I never claim to be an expert, not do I try to tell people how to think. I just state my opinions, and see where it goes--this is an example.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •