View Poll Results: Is racism wrong?

Voters
376. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    119 31.65%
  • No

    251 66.76%
  • There is no such thing as racism

    6 1.60%
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 381

Thread: Is racism wrong?

  1. #201
    User RosaLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-07-10 @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    68

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    There's nothing wrong with honest assesment of the differences between races, and to an extent it's not even wrong to take pride in one's own race/culture.

    When it becomes racism (and wrong) is when that belief turns to the belief that some races are superior or inferior and should be treated differently.
    Nothing worng with an honest assesment of race, and nothing wrong with taking pride in race slash culture.

    First of all if we were to take an honest assement of race, it would be that race is an artificial construct created by society for superiority. Race in a genetic manner does not exist. Infact if it did that would mean that a black person and a white person could not have a child together. Much like a
    leopard and a cheetah.

    As for the second part of your post. Race and culture are two entirely different things.

  2. #202
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by RosaLux View Post
    First of all if we were to take an honest assement of race, it would be that race is an artificial construct created by society for superiority. Race in a genetic manner does not exist. Infact if it did that would mean that a black person and a white person could not have a child together. Much like a
    leopard and a cheetah.
    Hold on.

    Nobody said people of different races were different species, dude.

    Race clearly exists genetically - the groups of racial characteristics are carried in our genes. It's just that they are nothing more than a group of characteristics like any other, with no more significance than any other. But they are genetic.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Hold on.

    Nobody said people of different races were different species, dude.

    Race clearly exists genetically - the groups of racial characteristics are carried in our genes. It's just that they are nothing more than a group of characteristics like any other, with no more significance than any other. But they are genetic.
    Not true. I would pick to be Human or Orc before I picked Elf or Half-Elf. Their racial traits are fail.

  4. #204
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Not true. I would pick to be Human or Orc before I picked Elf or Half-Elf. Their racial traits are fail.
    I thought you were already half-elf.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I thought you were already half-elf.
    Nah, Human Rogue. Humans get the best deal when multi-classing, no XP penalty

  6. #206
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Not true. I would pick to be Human or Orc before I picked Elf or Half-Elf. Their racial traits are fail.
    Human, seriously? Their racial traits are fail, except for the ability to assign their own stat bonuses. Professional Adaptability and Skill Specialization versus Dense Musculature and Accelerated Healing?

    Of course, you can always pick Human with Greater Orc Blood for the best of both worlds. Name your own mods and swap out your crap talents for sweet, sweet Orc candy.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Human, seriously? Their racial traits are fail, except for the ability to assign their own stat bonuses. Professional Adaptability and Skill Specialization versus Dense Musculature and Accelerated Healing?

    Of course, you can always pick Human with Greater Orc Blood for the best of both worlds. Name your own mods and swap out your crap talents for sweet, sweet Orc candy.
    Ahh but see I'm somewhat of a scatterclassing renaissance man and if I chose any other race I'd never level up. :S Though there are plenty of bonuses available at character creation to counter the drabness of being human. Secondary though, I'd go halfling for their agility and sneakiness.

  8. #208
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Ahh but see I'm somewhat of a scatterclassing renaissance man and if I chose any other race I'd never level up. :S
    Yeah, but there's no point in having more than two or three Professions. The 5 DP discount per Profession is barely worth it.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Yeah, but there's no point in having more than two or three Professions. The 5 DP discount per Profession is barely worth it.
    But there's something magical about being a Rogue/Mage with a hint of Assassin or Cleric.

  10. #210
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is racism wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    But there's something magical about being a Rogue/Mage with a hint of Assassin or Cleric.
    Well, Hell. If you're going to do it that way, play a Necromancer, buy the Subtle talent, and alternate between the Assassin Training Package and advancing your spells. Or go Shadowblade with Arcane Power.

    In the long run, it's better than mucking about with multiclassing.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •