View Poll Results: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 12.99%
  • No

    67 87.01%
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 218

Thread: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You're just angry because you got busted Navy....
    Bring something to the table DD..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #92
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That...or they did and you simply labeled them as "liberal" because they voted no.
    Being a member of DP for over 4 years I think I know the bleeding heart libs here pretty well my left wing friend............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #93
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....so Jamesrage, BHkad, councilman, caine, silence majority, etc. are all "liberals"?

    I guess to you they are.....
    What part of the word Almost do you not understand DD?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #94
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    If anything it will be a going back to people being serious about themselves and always having a real serious eye in Washington. As for the religion part Im not sure, if anything it would have to be a huge event (like assassination of both secular and religious leaders) for religion to be the sole issue to rill everyone up
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Any revolution that uses that apparatus of the State to advance a dogmatic ideology of any sort is something that a Conservative must oppose as a general principle.

  6. #96
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-11 @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    Any revolution that uses that apparatus of the State to advance a dogmatic ideology of any sort is something that a Conservative must oppose as a general principle.
    Many opponents of atheism, skepticism, etc., who come off like trolls are being completely serious. For example, Richard "atheists cannot be good citizens" Neuhaus of the American Enterprise Institute.

    Can Atheists Be Good Citizens? | First Things
    Pan-Humanist Movement
    “The only real nation is humanity” ~ Paul Farmer

  7. #97
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Being a member of DP for over 4 years I think I know the bleeding heart libs here pretty well my left wing friend............
    Having observed your posts for some time, I wouldn't put much stock into what you believe is in your knowledge base. Besides, I'm not left-wing. I happen to disagree with you on many issues, but that's because I'm not into authoritative fascism. But my disagreeing with fascism doesn't make me "left-wing" on the American spectrum.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Many opponents of atheism, skepticism, etc., who come off like trolls are being completely serious. For example, Richard "atheists cannot be good citizens" Neuhaus of the American Enterprise Institute.

    Can Atheists Be Good Citizens? | First Things
    Make no mistake, our country was structured around a particular moral ethic. Those who framed the Constitution advised that if we were to stray away from our common moral order that we would do so at our own peril. The framers also did afford asylum to those of other religions and those with no religion at all. Therefore, it isn't a stretch to think that they would have believed atheists to be citizens - blacks well, that's another story.

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post

    "Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Matthew 19:21

    "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35

    "They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely." Mark 12:40

    "But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind." Luke 14:13

    "'Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages.' He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it." John 12:5

    "Cornelius stared at him in fear. What is it, Lord?' he asked. The angel answered, Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.'" Acts 10:4

    "If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18


    Would you like to admit you're wrong, dav?

    Hobo, you misread or mischaracterized Dav's position. He said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav
    Jesus never said anything about dealing with poverty; in fact, at one point he even said, "The poor will be with us always", or something to that effect. He was more interested in the virtue of willingly giving what is yours to someone who needs it more, i.e. charity. There is nothing virtuous about giving someone else's money to the poor; that is not the kind of thing Jesus was advocating.
    Your quotes were about personal charity, not governmental wealth redistribution, which is exactly what Dav was talking about: Jesus promoted personal charity but did not say the government should take from the rich and give to the poor.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Do you think a religeous revolution is coming in this country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am sorry that the truth hurts you my left wing friend but tell me what is a lefty like you doing listening to Oreilly?
    What's "the truth"? I don't get it.

    Second, you only wish that I was caught up in the left/right debate like so many of you. I'm beyond that. Click on the link in my signature box for more information. God, you are so unoriginal it is pathetic. Anyone who disagrees with you or proves what a douche you are is a "lefty".

    Third, I happen to enjoy watching the O'Reilly factor. In fact, I'm watching it right now.

    I simply wanted the forum to know that you get your thread topics directly from Fox News commentary programming because you lack the intelligence to come up with topics yourself.

    PS: You spelled "religious" wrong. God, you must be an athiest! Devil Worshipper!

    It sucks being talked down to, doesn't it?

    I will convince the mods to boot you someday because you lend absolutely nothing to any conversation except vitriol and stupidity.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •