View Poll Results: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, China does;

    15 28.30%
  • No, China doesn't;

    38 71.70%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 196

Thread: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    If they can cheat in the Olympics then dammit they're ready for the World Stage!

  2. #122
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    I seen you barking abt chinese banks no less than 10 times here. I told you before to get the expert currency manupulater Warren Buffet to assist.
    Warren Buffett knows exactly what's going down in China. As for his own work, he can't affect the system on the level that China can. Additionally, he's an individual so if the government wants to make it even they can tax him or restrict him (via law) if they want. You can't do that to China since they are a sovereign country. You can, however, install a floating tariff to account for it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #123
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Warren Buffett knows exactly what's going down in China. As for his own work, he can't affect the system on the level that China can. Additionally, he's an individual so if the government wants to make it even they can tax him or restrict him (via law) if they want. You can't do that to China since they are a sovereign country. You can, however, install a floating tariff to account for it.
    I like the idea of a floating tarriff..... in the future. The world economy is far to fragile for us to risk a trade war (regardless the merit) with China. The Chinese use the trade imbalance to purchase assets in/from the US. A severe drop in this aspect could have dire consequences.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #124
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I like the idea of a floating tarriff..... in the future. The world economy is far to fragile for us to risk a trade war (regardless the merit) with China. The Chinese use the trade imbalance to purchase assets in/from the US. A severe drop in this aspect could have dire consequences.
    In fact, it would. Though it would devastate China more than the US. We could rebuild infrastructure for production. Though before that happens, yes we would suffer too.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #125
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In fact, it would. Though it would devastate China more than the US. We could rebuild infrastructure for production. Though before that happens, yes we would suffer too.
    Not really (bold).

    Picking up the slack for cheaply assembled industrial goods only regresses the economy. We benefit twofold: via cheap prices and not having to forgo more "profitable" endeavors.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #126
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Not really (bold).

    Picking up the slack for cheaply assembled industrial goods only regresses the economy. We benefit twofold: via cheap prices and not having to forgo more "profitable" endeavors.
    No, we really could re-build our production infrastructure given time. It's not impossible. We do benefit from trade with China via cheap prices, allowing us to focus on more profitable measures such as high technology. But at the same accord, it's not like it's 100% beyond our capabilities to adjust and pick up the slack.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #127
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, we really could re-build our production infrastructure given time. It's not impossible. We do benefit from trade with China via cheap prices, allowing us to focus on more profitable measures such as high technology. But at the same accord, it's not like it's 100% beyond our capabilities to adjust and pick up the slack.
    But is the cost greater than the benefit? I like your floating tariff idea, only in a more gradual motion that uses international pressure to bring the renminbi to market.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #128
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    But is the cost greater than the benefit? I like your floating tariff idea, only in a more gradual motion that uses international pressure to bring the renminbi to market.
    That's the rub though. You have to figure out what's going to happen. In the end, by pursuing such isolationist measures, you'll probably end up hurting both of us. But are we better on the otherside for having re-established our production capabilities? I would say that we would be, not only could we rebound faster but we would end up in a better place. China would then have to focus on its own people, and that might not be as bad either. But it is sorta a throwing the baby out with the bathwater sort of thing. The floating tariff idea I like because it's an exertion of our own sovereignty over the valuation of our currency. But any sort of line with China may hurt us, at least temporarily, as well.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #129
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Maybe you should refrain from attacking the whole of a country. I didn't attack everyone, you did. I merely said that you should know what you're talking about before you try to run your mouth. The Chinese use their banks and subsidies thereof to influence American currency. Which whatever, can't stop that. My point was that it's fine for us to have a floating tariff which takes account for that. You're the one who came out of the doors swinging about "typical Americans", not me. So before you throw stones, maybe you should watch out for your own glass house.
    That is such crap. Its no less true than the American manipulation of the financial market to affect their currency.

    You never keep America at the same standards as other. You blame others for **** America also does, but turns a blind eye when it is the US. No matter, China doesnt sell US currency reserve to China, the US does. Not the fault of China. China sets their currency rate to the dollar, too bad, what should we do? Impose trade tarrifs? ooh we already do that, both the US and Europe.

    Hipocrisy from your side all of this.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #130
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Does China have the capabilities to co-govern the world with the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    If they can cheat in the Olympics then dammit they're ready for the World Stage!
    I dont even want to mention who has cheated the most in Olympics. US & Russia.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •