View Poll Results: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 52.13%
  • Maybe

    5 5.32%
  • No

    39 41.49%
  • Not Sure

    1 1.06%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    02-10-12 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    845

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Just because you have been here four years does not mean you did not just try to stereotype and label millions of people with the by now oh so cliched "tea baggers" appellation. Aside from that obviously common and shallow wellspring, how does Fox News, which reports the same info as the other cable news networks, try to spread news that helps the republicans? Do you like so many interwebezrs think conservative=republican and liberal=democrats? If so, 'splains a great deal about your befuddlement, minus the cannabis.
    You completely misconstrue; I never labeled anyone as a tea-bagger, I merely used the term to point out the movement as evidence that Fox News has attempted to act as a beacon for "conservatives." If this fails to meet the threshold required for you to admit that Fox is acting as a beacon, that's a pity. I'm surprised that you'd want to assert that Fox wouldn't desire to be a beacon for "conservatives" and/or republicans.

    Personally, I don't find it rewarding to compile lists of examples that will just be disregarded by the intended audience in favor of ad-hominem attacks. If you really feel the need to attack people posting examples of Fox reporting news in a manner intended to help the Republican party, why don't you go find one of those Daily Show clips that are floating around here, the ones that show fox news anchors repeating what their pundits claim and treating it as credible news because "some people are saying."

    While I used to be rabidly anti-Bush, I've come to realize that the democrats aren't much better. Unlike partisan hacks, I don't think the failures of one party exculpates the other. The choice between democrats and republicans is a choice between being kicked in the nuts or being kicked in the teeth.

    For the record, my opinions are certainly more nuanced than "us=good and them=bad" that partisans espouse. One perspective that I've read and agree with is that Republicans are socially conservate, fiscally liberal, and Democrats are socially moderate and fiscally liberal. Since I'd classify my views as socially liberal and fiscally moderate, I disagree with both parties.

  2. #52
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Befuddled_Stoner View Post
    You completely misconstrue; I never labeled anyone as a tea-bagger, I merely used the term to point out the movement as evidence that Fox News has attempted to act as a beacon for "conservatives." If this fails to meet the threshold required for you to admit that Fox is acting as a beacon, that's a pity. I'm surprised that you'd want to assert that Fox wouldn't desire to be a beacon for "conservatives" and/or republicans.
    Fox News covers......news by day. They offer conservative and liberal commentary on their nightly PM schedule. Trying to argue if they are a beacon or seek to be a beacon is an entirely tangential argument and you have failed to demonstrate how "Fox News spreads info intended to help the Republicans" utterly. Noticed prior and noted now, good attempt at a dodge but no cigar. While you are talking about definitions you might want to take another swipe at misconstrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Befuddled_Stoner View Post
    Personally, I don't find it rewarding to compile lists of examples that will just be disregarded by the intended audience in favor of ad-hominem attacks. If you really feel the need to attack people posting examples of Fox reporting news in a manner intended to help the Republican party, why don't you go find one of those Daily Show clips that are floating around here, the ones that show fox news anchors repeating what their pundits claim and treating it as credible news because "some people are saying."
    Meaning you know the puerile drek you can copy and paste from Media Matters or another anti Fox source does not hold up in an intellectual debate, ala pointing to John Stewart. For example, you keep repeating your baseless "some people are saying" claim, which you can't support with any evidence, but you really really want to convince someone that the reason you don't support it is because the bad guys will just ignore it. Ah another self initiated and self fulfilling circle jerk. Congrats on your befuddled construction!

    Quote Originally Posted by Befuddled_Stoner View Post
    While I used to be rabidly anti-Bush, I've come to realize that the democrats aren't much better. Unlike partisan hacks, I don't think the failures of one party exculpates the other. The choice between democrats and republicans is a choice between being kicked in the nuts or being kicked in the teeth.
    I suggest that you stop acting like a partisan hack, it will go a long way in helping your complaints about partisan hacks carry some weight. As it is, it does not work for you for obvious reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Befuddled_Stoner View Post
    For the record, my opinions are certainly more nuanced than "us=good and them=bad" that partisans espouse. One perspective that I've read and agree with is that Republicans are socially conservate, fiscally liberal, and Democrats are socially moderate and fiscally liberal. Since I'd classify my views as socially liberal and fiscally moderate, I disagree with both parties.
    Great, now if you can get around to supporting your claims on an internet debate board, instead of giving excuses for why you won't provide support for your claims in an internet debate board, you'll look like you at least get the point of the internet debate board. Rather than just an echo chamber where you can trot out any silly claim or allegation you wish and get a loud round of applause for it.

  3. #53
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertram View Post
    According to pew poll, Fox's viewers are 11% liberal, and CNN's are 41% conservative. Makes one think....
    Did you ever think that Fox viewership is only11% liberal because they have so many liberal news outlets? hmmm, does that make you think?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  4. #54
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    FOXNews is definitely a propaganda channel. I'm not so sure it speaks for the GOP anymore though. I see the GOP splintering in two directions. One part follows the extreme idealogy of the FOX types and the other part seems to be taking a more sensible approach as of late.

    It will be interesting to see where they settle.

    One thing for sure, FOXNews is straight-up, commie styled, propaganda seasoned with pure rightwing idealism. And them being the only channel with such a pronounced rightwing bias, they do not have to share the wingnut market with any other channel. They have it all to themselves. That means BIG bucks. They are playing the wingnuts like a fiddle and laughing all the way to the bank.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertram View Post
    According to pew poll, Fox's viewers are 11% liberal, and CNN's are 41% conservative. Makes one think....
    Really? According to what Pew Poll? Cause the one in this thread shows an entirely different number.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post

  6. #56
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    FOXNews is definitely a propaganda channel. I'm not so sure it speaks for the GOP anymore though. I see the GOP splintering in two directions. One part follows the extreme idealogy of the FOX types and the other part seems to be taking a more sensible approach as of late.
    And there you have the whole lazy argument. So which one of the "Fox types" do you refer to when you say "the channel" is a propaganda mill? Beck the libertarian? O'Rielly the independent? Hannity the conservative? The argument now is that Fox is a proaganda mill for the GOP and everyone else too eh? So the news delivered by Fox during the day, which is of course the same news you get repeated all day long everywhere else, that is the propaganda? Freeway chases and the story they ran all day yesterday about the million dollar Bugatti making a splash near Galveston? So if it is a propaganda channel it is poly propaganda channel? And let us recall that according to many in the Fox OCD club this all at the express behest of Murdoch. So ya know, the conversation from on high must go something like, "let's push propaganda for all the various types of conservative party platform and try to work that into the weather reports and every new item. Like the million dollar Bugatti splash!"

    Jesus these conspiracy theories do get convoluted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    It will be interesting to see where they settle.
    Oh indeed............

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    One thing for sure, FOXNews is straight-up, commie styled, propaganda seasoned with pure rightwing idealism. And them being the only channel with such a pronounced rightwing bias, they do not have to share the wingnut market with any other channel. They have it all to themselves. That means BIG bucks. They are playing the wingnuts like a fiddle and laughing all the way to the bank.
    Phew, sorry too much irrationality in that hook for me to swallow. But I agree they are taking the profits to the bank.

  7. #57
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Sir Loin, I just have two questions for you.

    1. What are you smoking?



    2. Did you bring enough for the whole class?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-23-09 @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    58

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Really? According to what Pew Poll? Cause the one in this thread shows an entirely different number.
    That's some useful information.

  9. #59
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Sir Loin, I just have two questions for you.

    1. What are you smoking?



    2. Did you bring enough for the whole class?
    Right now a Butera Dorado 652 and I have a full humidor of them. You ain't getting a cigar for that none too original and even less effective dodge. Alas if that is the best you can do, why bother getting out of bed, much less logging in?



    PS- What does jfuh have to do with this?
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 11-18-09 at 11:39 PM.

  10. #60
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Is FOX News a propaganda beacon for the Republican Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Right now a Butera Dorado 652 and I have a full humidor of them. You ain't getting a cigar for that none too original and even less effective dodge. Alas if that is the best you can do, why bother getting out of bed, much less logging in?



    PS- What does jfuh have to do with this?
    jfuh? Isn't that CA?

    .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •