View Poll Results: Do you agree with me

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    19 41.30%
  • No, because...

    24 52.17%
  • Other (for those of you that need it)

    3 6.52%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 154

Thread: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I'm fine with requiring them to pay their debts, but you didn't originally say 'send them to jail if they don't pay'. You said 'don't let them leave', look, I'll quote you:
    Yeah? So? What do you think I meant, if it wasn't incarcerate their asses until the bill is paid or covered?

  2. #32
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah? So? What do you think I meant, if it wasn't incarcerate their asses until the bill is paid or covered?
    I already answered that question.

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I took 'don't let the patient go' literally. Not my fault if you were unclear.
    See, I was assuming the patient was in a hospital (that's where patients usually are), and "go" meant leave. I read the phrase "don't let the patient go" as meaning "don't let the patient leave the hospital" (which is where a medical patient would logically be).
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As noted before, spreading the risk thru purchasing isnurance is a voluntary association. Socializing the risk thru government is not.


    Yes... and I would be forced to pay for that excess cost, as compared to buying into insurance, in which case I choose to pay fot that excess.
    Ok, I see your point. How do you feel about regulating the industry to force insurance companies to accept those with pre-existing conditions?

  4. #34
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Ok, I see your point. How do you feel about regulating the industry to force insurance companies to accept those with pre-existing conditions?
    Force? An insurance compamy shouldn't have the right to choose who it writes policies for? No, I do not approve.

    Having said that, so long as the insurance companies are able to charge the additional premiums necessary to cover the people in question, I do not have any particular argument for NOT covering them.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Force? An insurance compamy shouldn't have the right to choose who it writes policies for? No, I do not approve.

    Having said that, so long as the insurance companies are able to charge the additional premiums necessary to cover the people in question, I do not have any particular argument for NOT covering them.
    Well, I would be ****ed under your plan.

    The only option I can think of is a voucher system. Tax everyone for healthcare. If you go to a private insurance company for coverage, the government will cut you a check for the amount up to what you paid.

    What about the co-ops? Have you any idea what those are all about?

    Otherwise, I think I just firmly landed in the public option/single payer camp.

  6. #36
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Well, I would be ****ed under your plan.
    Sorry to hear that.
    Can you create a sound argument for forcing insurance companies to take on clients with pre-existing onditions and not charge additional premiums?

    The only option I can think of is a voucher system. Tax everyone for healthcare. If you go to a private insurance company for coverage, the government will cut you a check for the amount up to what you paid.
    Ok... and how is it that I am responsible for paying for your health care?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    Can you create a sound argument for forcing insurance companies to take on clients with pre-existing onditions and not charge additional premiums?
    Maybe because health care is a vital right that society should provide for all citizens? Like police protection.

  8. #38
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Maybe because health care is a vital right that society should provide for all citizens?
    Assume for the moment that Health Care is a right...
    How does having a right to something create the ability to force others to provide you the means to exercise that right?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 11-17-09 at 04:35 PM.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    Can you create a sound argument for forcing insurance companies to take on clients with pre-existing onditions and not charge additional premiums?
    You are sharing risk, and this includes the ongoing cost of someone with a preexisting condition. I think diabetes may be one of the worst of these, since lifespan is long but monthly cost is high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ok... and how is it that I am responsible for paying for your health care?
    This is why I am now leaning toward single payer, even though it may be run inefficiently. Like education, everyone should be covered for health care. Everyone pays.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Do you agree w/ my position on mandated health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Maybe because health care is a vital right that society should provide for all citizens? Like police protection.
    Health care isn't a right.

    Rights aren't serviced by others.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •