View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #721
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    What?

    I rest my case.
    Last paragraph post#714

    I move on with my case.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  2. #722
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Never mind all that. The words are synonyms. They have an identical meaning. I mean identical. They can be exchanged in any sentence without altering the meaning at all.
    One is just considered more "formal".
    Yeah.
    Not at all sure how this particular branch of the topic tree has gone on as long as it has.

  3. #723
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Um, no. The past tense of desire is desired. The past tense of want is wanted. To describe using future tense, you have to use words like tomorrow, later, next week, etc. Nouns by themselves do not indicate future tense.

    I think you need to accept it, man. Your grammar is horrible. On top of that, you have difficulty in explaining your thoughts.

    I mean, if you're unwilling to accept the fact that you've been contradicting yourself this whole time, how can anyone have a meaningful conversation with you? You take both positions and you argue against one of the positions. That's just ridiculous.

    You say people shouldn't expect perfection, yet you desire it. You say that the Big Bang can't be possible, yet you say anything can be possible. Do you not see the problem with what you say?? You can't take both positions.
    Let me break this down for you one more time .
    One in my previous post I did not use past tence I used present tence if you could not follow that WELL?

    Two I can not nor do I expect other people to have the same beleifs as I.
    So, anything is possible in other words I may be wrong it's possible or you may be wrong it's possible.

    One thing for sure there is a differance, cause I may disaggree with what you say but how you say it is no concern of mine.

    A wise man once said "THE WORDS MAY BE MANGLED BUT THE MESSAGE "BRILLIANT!
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  4. #724
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yeah.
    Not at all sure how this particular branch of the topic tree has gone on as long as it has.
    This wasn't a branch of te topic this was a hijack.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  5. #725
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yeah.
    Not at all sure how this particular branch of the topic tree has gone on as long as it has.
    Good point.

    Moderator's Warning:
    Does life on other planets disprove the BIbleEveryone needs to get back on topic. I'm included in this and I've given myself a very stern warning for my indiscretions. Bad, Tucker. Bad. I'm also threadbanning myself from the thread for my part in the derailment.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 12-01-09 at 02:33 PM.

  6. #726
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Does life on other planets disprove the bible?

    It is my beleif "MY BELEIF" not neccessarly others.

    That God or a higher interventiong created the universe, earth and gave living beings a chance to evole into what we are today.

    After that I do not know, perhaps this higher intervention made differant lifeforms with a differant versions of the bible , perhaps not.

    Of course this is mearly an opinion exept I do have faith in God which is after all my choice.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #727
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,055

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Does life on other planets disprove the bible?
    Yes... it clearly does.

    It is my beleif "MY BELEIF" not neccessarly others.
    It is a clear and logical step that it is so...

    That God or a higher interventiong created the universe, earth and gave living beings a chance to evole into what we are today.
    That may be, but that is not the argument. The argument is does life on other planets disprove the Bible, the mere fact that the Bible states that the Earth was created in one day and is six thousand years ole and not over billions of years old refutes the Bible.

    After that I do not know, perhaps this higher intervention made differant lifeforms with a differant versions of the bible , perhaps not.
    Inconceivable...

    Of course this is mearly an opinion exept I do have faith in God which is after all my choice.
    Faith in something that does not exist is indeed your choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #728
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Does life on other planets disprove the bible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Yes... it clearly does.
    Interesting. How so?

  9. #729
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Interesting. How so?
    I think he's being sarcastic...
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #730
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If it's not literal, it can't be taken on faith, and the whole structure of Christianity is completely dependent on the veracity of the claim that Mary wasn't getting laid. That can't be verified and only if the Bible is proven true in the parts that are testable is it sensible to believe the unproven parts that don't make any sense in light of common experience.

    Common experience says that there are a many ways a girl can get pregnant without having to explain it with horny angels.

    But if Jesus isn't magically contrived, then he's just a man, just a philosopher, and not something worth dying for.
    Not true, the veracity of Christianity is based upon Jesus rising from the dead.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •