View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #561
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Not hardly.
    Actually, it ended at the very first post. Someone who believes that God cannot be bound by logic has no business asking about proof or evidence or anything that uses logic.

    If you start out believing that God can be illogical, you don't need proof, you don't need evidence. All you really need is faith alone. This thread has ended for you since the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  2. #562
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Actually, it ended at the very first post. Someone who believes that God cannot be bound by logic has no business asking about proof or evidence or anything that uses logic.

    If you start out believing that God can be illogical, you don't need proof, you don't need evidence. All you really need is faith alone. This thread has ended for you since the beginning.
    Yes. Keep thinking that.

  3. #563
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Actually, it ended at the very first post. Someone who believes that God cannot be bound by logic has no business asking about proof or evidence or anything that uses logic.
    There's a difference between believing and seeing no reason as to why God is bound by logic. I don't believe in an all powerful God or any mainstream notion of Deities, but I don't see a reason why if such a being did exist why it would be bound.

    Look at Tucker's argument. The whole premise assumes that the illogical cannot be done. That's begging the question. Again, hence why I've stated there is no actual argument against why God cannot be illogical other then our desires to understand.

    If you start out believing that God can be illogical, you don't need proof, you don't need evidence. All you really need is faith alone. This thread has ended for you since the beginning.
    That I'd agree with.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #564
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes. Keep thinking that.
    No rebuttal? As expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  5. #565
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    No rebuttal? As expected.
    There's been plenty of rebuttal that negates your statement.
    You can think otherwise, if you want, but it doesnt change anything.

  6. #566
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There's been plenty of rebuttal that negates your argument.
    You can think otherwise, if you want, but it doesnt change anything.
    negates my arguments?
    Why do you even use logic, you don't need it to explain a God who can be illogical.


    LOL, "negates my arguments" as if it means anything to someone with your position.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  7. #567
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    negates my arguments?
    Like I said - You can think otherwise, if you want, but it doesnt change anything.

    LOL, "negates my arguments" as if it means anything to someone with your position.
    Tell me:
    What IS my position?

  8. #568
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Like I said - You can think otherwise, if you want, but it doesnt change anything.
    Okay, whatever makes you feel better.

    lol, "negates my arguments"
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  9. #569
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What IS my position?
    That God doesn't have to be logical. If I'm wrong, why don't you let me know what your position is?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #570
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Change "limited" to "bounded" and we agree.

    The boundaries of what can be done are not defined by the boundaries of what can be conceived.


    If an Omnipotent being can do something, then that doing that thing is possible. If it is possible to be done, it is therefore logically possible, by the very rules of logic.

    Premise 1: Anything that can be done is that which is logically possible
    Premise 2: An omnipotent being can do anything that can be done.
    Conclusion: An omnipotent being can do anything that is logically possible.

    Are you stating that premise 1 is false? That anything that can be done is that which is logically impossible?

    Simply put, an omnipotent being cannot do that which cannot be done. If the omnipotent being can do it, then it can be done.

    If something is logically possible, then it can possibly be done.

    It is not a limitation to say that an omnipotent being cannot do that which cannot be done. As soon as the omnipotent being can do it, such a thing can no longer be classified as "that which cannot be done".


    An omnipotent being would have unlimited power. It can do everything that can be done. It cannot "do that which cannot be done" because that is a contradiction of terms.

    "Power to do anything" does not include "that which cannot be done", because "that which cannot be done" is something that does not exist. It is not a "thing" it is a "nothing".
    Aren't you assuming that logic is correct? That if logic dictates something is false then it absolutely cannot be true?

    If logic is somehow flawed or incorrect then proving something logically false does not mean it necessarilly is impossible. It is only impossible within the scope of logic which may not accurately reflect reality.
    Last edited by scourge99; 11-24-09 at 05:07 PM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •