View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    As far as the Obama reference is this now a partisan political debate thread?
    Every single thread on DP, without exception, is a partisan political debate thread.

  2. #512
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Every single thread on DP, without exception, is a partisan political debate thread.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

    I should never go off topic again even in the sex, the art or the science threads.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  3. #513
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

    I should never go off topic again even in the sex, the art or the science threads.
    We will hold you to that, and troll you if you do

  4. #514
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We will hold you to that, and troll you if you do
    LOL, as the kids say "been there done that.

    For the record I don't mind trolls as long as they can take as good as they give without snitching to the Moderators.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  5. #515
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    LOL, as the kids say "been there done that.

    For the record I don't mind trolls as long as they can take as good as they give without snitching to the Moderators.
    Oh you're going to hate me then

  6. #516
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Oh you're going to hate me then
    Hate is such a strong word I seldom use it mostly on bigots very seldom on anybody that would snitch on me

    Umm, didn't figure you for a snitch, Jerry.

    Of cource it would depend on the action would it not ?

    If you were to go to the Mods with every little infraction the Mods will be shall we say "overworked".
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  7. #517
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Who said God could do just anything anyone thought up? There's a list of things God can not do. Since God can not do these things and is still omnipotent, we therefore know that "omnipotent" only includes the power to do what can logically be done.

    Since "omnipotent" only regards what can logically be don, and God can do everything which is logically possible, God is therefore omnipotent.
    According to whom?

    You appear to have redefined the term without acceptance from all parties.

    Last I checked, omnipotence means capacity to do anything. Nonsensical and illogical acts fall within the subset of anything.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #518
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    According to whom?

    You appear to have redefined the term without acceptance from all parties.

    Last I checked, omnipotence means capacity to do anything. Nonsensical and illogical acts fall within the subset of anything.
    One does not have to be able to do anything and everything at all what-so-ever to be omnipotent.

    One needs only virtually unlimited authority or influence.

    In this universe God has unlimited authority or influence. The rules of this universe do not allow a 4-sided triangle to exist, therefor God does not need to be able to create a 4-sided triangle in order to be omnipotent.

    If authority and influence are like water and the universe a cup, then one is omnipotent when they have filled the cup regardless of the size or shape of the cup.

    There are several things God can not do, yet God is still omnipotent in spite, therefore your artificial "must-be-able-to-do-anything" requirement is invalid.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-23-09 at 12:53 AM.

  9. #519
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    One does not have to be able to do anything and everything at all what-so-ever to be omnipotent.

    One needs only virtually unlimited authority or influence.

    In this universe God has unlimited authority or influence. The rules of this universe do not allow a 4-sided triangle to exist, therefor God does not need to be able to create a 4-sided triangle in order to be omnipotent.

    If authority and influence are like water and the universe a cup, then one is omnipotent when they have filled the cup regardless of the size or shape of the cup.

    There are several things God can not do, yet God is still omnipotent in spite, therefore your artificial "must-be-able-to-do-anything" requirement is invalid.
    Well that's a new twist on an old style.
    Judgeing what God can do ,based on the knowledge and accomplishments of Man.

    Might as well say why didn't God make cold fusion easier to understand?

    God gave mankind freewill I guess he probably figured if they want a 4 sided triangle mankind would use his brain and make one.
    After all with FREE WILL comes brains and the power to use them.
    Well, some of them.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  10. #520
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Some of the best intellectual beat-downs I've ever received were by people whom I totally disagreed with and still do, but they were better at thinking critically than I was about a topic.
    You're welcome!

Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •