View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    You admit Jesus and Santa probably involve mythical elements!!!!



    There is hope for you yet!
    I don't know I ever denied such, but I certainly didn't admit to anything in the post you quoted

    Must be a troll tactic I guess, idk.

    I guess if you wanted to argue that Jesus and Christmas are heavily commercialized I the modern day, I would agree, but I don't see what such an argument would have to do with discovering life on other planets.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-19-09 at 02:47 AM.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Who ****ing cares.... GOD....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Who ****ing cares.... GOD....
    ....pob ....sǝɹɐɔ buı**** oɥʍ

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Santa Claus was a real person.

    Would you like me to link to the Wiki of the very real historical person we celebrate with the Santa tradition or do you want to Google it now, pretend you knew all along and back-peddle your argument?
    No, I would rather you direct me to the real tooth-fairy! She owes me a few.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    No, I would rather you direct me to the real tooth-fairy! She owes me a few.
    Since you weren't using the tooth fairy as your example in your post 326, which is what I was responding to in the post you just quoted, attempting to now redirect and change your argument is equivocation.

    Please adjust your argument to account for the real history of Santa and re-dress post 325 accordingly.

  6. #346
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    Epic has said, since the bible mentions real cities, etc. it must be at least partly true. So following such logic, if I write completely bogus story taking place in NYC, LA, etc. then it will be partly true
    the claim was that the Bible is -completely false-.
    That portions of it are factual, that statement is false.
    Its really that simple.

    Absolute proofs only exist in the minds of absolute morons
    This is, of course, not true -- but if you feel the need to inslute poeple that you do not agree with, be my guest. Speaks volumes.

  7. #347
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Don't forget the other side of that coin. The one that theists are so quick to gloss over.Absence of proof is not evidence of truth.
    Who espouses this position? How does it invalidate mine?

    Considering that the default position is disbelief or non-belief then absence of proof is reason for disbelief/non-belief. Its not proof of truth or falsehood. But it is reason for not believing.
    The issue here is proof, not belief.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Considering that the default position is disbelief or non-belief then absence of proof is reason for disbelief/non-belief. Its not proof of truth or falsehood. But it is reason for not believing.
    While I respect your choice to make that your own personal default position, please do not attempt to force that philosophical belief onto others.

    IMO, assuming an unproven belief is perfectly reasonable when doing so enables positive results. Even when those results do not even attempt let alone succeed in proving the assumed belief, assuming the belief in total absence of evidence is still perfectly rational.

  9. #349
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Who espouses this position? How does it invalidate mine?
    did I say it invalidates yours? No.

    I mentioned the part you glossed over.

    The issue here is proof, not belief.
    Establishing beliefs or truth is the only purpose of proof.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  10. #350
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Establishing beliefs or truth is the only purpose of proof.
    Not at all. Belief can exist without proof, and faith depends on lack of same.

Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •