View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    So you don't know the phrase "Parts of the Bible are false"?
    So which parts have been proven true?

    Last edited by paris; 11-18-09 at 04:33 AM.

  2. #322
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Why should life on other planets disprove a glorified fairy tale?
    PeteEU

  3. #323
    User Pinjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-20-09 @ 10:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MmpUWEW6Is&feature=related"]YouTube- BBC interview with Feynman (uncertainty)[/ame]

    Religion is the mental accumulation of being afraid of the dark. You want to believe so hard that around the corner in the dark alley is a pleasent looking individual with good intentions for you. The reality can often be something entirely different or nothing at all, it is easy to assume, difficult to learn and impossible to know.

  4. #324
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Why should life on other planets disprove a glorified fairy tale?
    There are certainly those that think it will. You will have to ask them.

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    So which parts have been proven true?

    For starters there were cities named Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nineveh, Damascus, and many others (of which have been archeologically proven to have existed or still exist), there was Egypt (which did have enslaved Jews in exile from Israel), the Babylonian, Egyptian, and Roman Empires (I know, I couldn't believe it either!), there was a Governor named Pontious Pilate, The Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D...the list goes on...My point is, your argument at best should be that it's a historical fiction, not "false from the get-go". It's ignorant statements like that which will chip away at your credibility. I'm doing this for you <3

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    For starters there were cities named Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nineveh, Damascus, and many others (of which have been archeologically proven to have existed or still exist), there was Egypt (which did have enslaved Jews in exile from Israel), the Babylonian, Egyptian, and Roman Empires (I know, I couldn't believe it either!), there was a Governor named Pontious Pilate, The Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D...the list goes on...My point is, your argument at best should be that it's a historical fiction, not "false from the get-go". It's ignorant statements like that which will chip away at your credibility. I'm doing this for you <3
    You're doing it for me, you could be a good Christian ya know?^^

    My first post means that there is no need for life on other planets to disprove the bible since the bible has never been proven true at first.

    Im not sure, but it seems your argument here is akin to saying well look, old men grow white hairs, that's a fact, Santa Claus is old and has white hairs, those are facts, so Santa Claus is real, or partly real as you like to put it now.

    Oh and please don't worry about my credibility, worry about yourself and we'll be fine

  7. #327
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    My first post means that there is no need for life on other planets to disprove the bible since the bible has never been proven true at first.
    Which is a logical fallacy in that not being proven does not equate to being disproven.

    Further, The Bible need not be proven to be disproven; if the Bible were proven, then it could -not- be disproven.

    Im not sure, but it seems your argument here is akin to saying well look, old men grow white hairs, that's a fact, Santa Claus is old and has white hairs, those are facts, so Santa Claus is real, or partly real as you like to put it now.
    Nothing he has said is remotely close to this.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 11-18-09 at 01:18 PM.

  8. #328
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,282

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    So which parts have been proven true?

    Most of the parts of the Bible have been proven true. The thing that most folks, believers and non-believers alike, miss is that the Bible is nothing more than an historical record. I've noticed that both sides of the argument interpret the Bible way too literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    You're doing it for me, you could be a good Christian ya know?^^
    Well, sometimes I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    My first post means that there is no need for life on other planets to disprove the bible since the bible has never been proven true at first.
    Well you should elaborate then. You said "false from the get-go". All that does is show that you like blanketing things and speaking before you think about what you're typing.

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    Im not sure, but it seems your argument here is akin to saying well look, old men grow white hairs, that's a fact, Santa Claus is old and has white hairs, those are facts, so Santa Claus is real, or partly real as you like to put it now.
    My argument here is that you used a blanket term, I'm just proving that your blanket statement was incorrect. Had you said "A portion of the Bible is false from the get-go" I wouldn't have been able to make this claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    Oh and please don't worry about my credibility, worry about yourself and we'll be fine
    Just looking out for a fellow forum member.

  10. #330
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Cool Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Which is a logical fallacy in that not being proven does not equate to being disproven.

    Further, The Bible need not be proven to be disproven; if the Bible were proven, then it could -not- be disproven.


    Nothing he has said is remotely close to this.
    "In that not being proven does not equate to be disproven".

    Doesn't some scientific "theories" work on the same princibal?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •