View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    No, because the bible is fake from the get-go.
    Get-go n. the very beginning

    From the get-go = From the very beginning.

    So, saying that the Bible is false from the very beginning means?

    I didn't see you clarify where the get-go ended and the historical truths began.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 11-17-09 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #312
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Get-go n. the very beginning

    From the get-go = From the very beginning.

    So, saying that the Bible is false from the very beginning means?

    I didn't see you clarify where the get-go ended and the historical truths began.
    Is there any evidence of the creation say like there is of the existence of Rome?

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Get-go n. the very beginning

    From the get-go = From the very beginning.

    So, saying that the Bible is false from the very beginning means?

    I didn't see you clarify where the get-go ended and the historical truths began.
    Oh boy. So if you find some historical facts included in Harry Potter, you are going to believe the whole story is true? Wow, just wow.

    And btw, some parts of Harry Potter have been plagiarised, just like some parts of the bible have been plagiarised, too.

    Methinks perhaps I should not tell you I believe Santa Claus is also fake. Who knows how you are going to react then.
    Last edited by paris; 11-17-09 at 05:02 PM.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    Oh boy. So if you find some historical facts included in Harry Potter, you are going to believe the whole story is true? Wow, just wow
    No but if there are historical facts in Harry Potter and YOU say it's False from the get-go, I'll remind you to pick your words more carefully.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Is there any evidence of the creation say like there is of the existence of Rome?
    You are all missing my point. I'm not defending any truth in the Bible, I'm simply asking that someone use the right words when they are speaking and not blanket an entire document because they don't believe in parts of it. What I'm saying has less to do with the actual Bible and more to do with people picking their words correctly. That's all.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Yop
    Last Seen
    06-27-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    No but if there are historical facts in Harry Potter and YOU say it's False from the get-go, I'll remind you to pick your words more carefully.
    Oh yea please remind me how to write proper English more often so I can use my French with you

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    Oh yea please remind me how to write proper English more often so I can use my French with you
    So you don't know the phrase "Parts of the Bible are false"?

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Is there any evidence of the creation say like there is of the existence of Rome?
    Well we're here, aren't we?

  9. #319
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well we're here, aren't we?
    So the Roman myth of Romulous and Remus is true?

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So the Roman myth of Romulous and Remus is true?
    I don't know that life on other planets would prove it wrong.

    In fact discovering life on other planets might actually give the myth a smidgen of credibility. If we knew for certain that intelligent life existed elsewhere, it would be a simple matter of probability to validly assume some of that life could have visited us long ago.

    Such an advanced civilization would appear to be gods to us, their technology indistinguishable from magic, from our point of view. As we would not be able to explain how they performed great feats, we would likely describe them as "supernatural".

    Mars (whom the planet was named after, not he of the planet), would be one of "the men of old, the men of renown" as witnessed in the bible.

    Discovering life on other planets would evidence the bibles claim that such life does indeed exist.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-17-09 at 09:44 PM.

Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •