View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #231
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    That's called circumstantial evidence.
    GManNickG filled me on what that is, Ad Populum ... Fallacy: Appeal to Popularity
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #232
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    GManNickG filled me on what that is, Ad Populum ... Fallacy: Appeal to Popularity
    Who is appealing to popularity?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #233
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Who is appealing to popularity?
    I am! I am quit the popular guy with the lady types.

    OK you 2 back at it, Break!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Circumstantial evidence never won any court cases.


    but then again, that's not SCIENCE!

  5. #235
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Thanks Blackdog

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Who is appealing to popularity?
    I was just throwing in a term . . . nothing more.
    I probably should have quoted creative dreams and not you, sorry for the confusion.

    Ad Populum:
    The basic idea is that a claim is accepted as being true simply because most people are favorably inclined towards the claim.
    In this thread yalls discussin evidence of God.

    Originally Posted by creativedreams
    No evidence?

    You call every culture, tribe, and group of humans (disconnected) around an entire planet that simultaneously believe in a God as no evidence?
    The arguement that god must exist becuase a lot of people believe he exists is an example of Ad Populum.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 11-13-09 at 06:47 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #236
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Thanks Blankdog



    I was just throwing in a term . . . nothing more.
    I probably should have quoted creative dreams and not you, sorry for the confusion.



    In this thread yalls discussin evidence of God.



    The arguement that god must exist becuase a lot of people believe he exists is an example of Ad Populum.
    Got it. Thanks for clearing that up!
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #237
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Got it. Thanks for clearing that up!
    No problem
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Thanks Blackdog



    I was just throwing in a term . . . nothing more.
    I probably should have quoted creative dreams and not you, sorry for the confusion.



    In this thread yalls discussin evidence of God.



    The arguement that god must exist becuase a lot of people believe he exists is an example of Ad Populum.
    I personally am on the fence with this.

    I believe the possibility of a God in some form cannot be ruled out.

    Yes you do bring up a good point. Your point can also work with conspiracy theories, especially when there is a sneaky and secretive government that stonewalls access to most of the evidence.
    Last edited by creativedreams; 11-13-09 at 07:39 PM.

  9. #239
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    I personally am on the fence with this.

    I believe the possibility of a God cannot be ruled out.

    Yes you do bring up a good point. Your point can also work with conspiracy theories, especially when there is a sneaky and secretive government that stonewalls access to most of the evidence.
    It's just a term It's neutral.

    I'm quite scientific about things, though - I believe that anything's a possiblity unless it can be proven false or impossible.

    It's like schrodinger's cat. . . .until you find out the fate of the cat in the box you have to believe that it is both dead and alive.

    So - I believe that God can very well exist as any one belief might think of him - or in a way which no one on earth has thought of before.

    Unless we can absolutely prove he does *not* exist - we have to presume that his existance is a possibility. (a non believer could reverse it and it would make sense that way, too . . .have to believe he doesn't exist unless someone can, otherwise, prove without a doubt that he does exist).

    Now - what is the nature of Gods existance is up for human interpretation and opinion and, in that regard, shrodinger's cat does not apply.

    That's just my opinion, anyway.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    It's just a term It's neutral.

    I'm quite scientific about things, though - I believe that anything's a possiblity unless it can be proven false or impossible.

    It's like schrodinger's cat. . . .until you find out the fate of the cat in the box you have to believe that it is both dead and alive.

    So - I believe that God can very well exist as any one belief might think of him - or in a way which no one on earth has thought of before.

    Unless we can absolutely prove he does *not* exist - we have to presume that his existance is a possibility. (a non believer could reverse it and it would make sense that way, too . . .have to believe he doesn't exist unless someone can, otherwise, prove without a doubt that he does exist).

    Now - what is the nature of Gods existance is up for human interpretation and opinion and, in that regard, shrodinger's cat does not apply.

    That's just my opinion, anyway.
    The way I see God as a possibility is before the "big bang"

    It is a pandora's box to try and solve the biginning of everything.

    Yes we may have figured out the beginning of our Universe via a singularity and big bang........but something had to set up the energy to create the singularity.

    Thus leading to the possibility of more than our Universe.

    I have been working on some other theories for years and I do look at the possibility of a God or Higher Power beyond our Universe.
    Last edited by creativedreams; 11-13-09 at 07:59 PM.

Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •