View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Go back and read what I said.
    So you're not rescinding your argument that Noah's fairy tale was a myth about a local event, but aren't going to explain why he rounded up all those animals?



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So I guess this...


    Means nothing.
    You can learn. Just when I was beginning to give up non-existent hope.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If the universe is truely infinite, then, at this very moment, there are an infinte number of yous reading an infinte number of these responses..
    That's why I said ALMOST.




    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If everything in the universe was created by the laws of physics, then everything that has happened and everything that will happen is set in stone.
    What created the "laws of physics"?

    What created the "big bang"?

    What set up the energy for the big bang?

    No matter how you put it you CANNOT rule out the possibility of their being a God of somekind....
    Last edited by creativedreams; 11-13-09 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #203
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So you're not rescinding your argument that Noah's fairy tale was a myth about a local event, but aren't going to explain why he rounded up all those animals?
    More fallacy that has nothing to do with my point or the FACT that I disproved your statements with a Little thing called evidence.

    Not to mention you try and ignore the point of my argument for some fallacy that has nothing to do with anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You can learn. Just when I was beginning to give up non-existent hope.
    And this has something to do with you just getting shown to be wrong, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #204
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    That's why I said ALMOST.
    Indeed.

    No matter how you put it you CANNOT rule out the possibility of their being a God of somekind....
    Of course not. There is no way to disprove God.

    BUT... if you believe that everything in the univese is/was created by the laws of physics, then you cannot escape the reality that all things are set in stone.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 11-13-09 at 04:37 PM.

  5. #205
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Indeed.


    Of course not. There is no way to disprove God.

    BUT... if you believe that everyting in the univese is/was created by the laws of physics, then you cannot escape the reality that all things are set in stone.
    Very true.

    I will take free will every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    No matter how you put it you CANNOT rule out the possibility of their being a God of somekind....
    sure you can.

    Since there's not one shred of evidence for the existence of this God character, and since this dude answers no questions and merely increases the complexity of the answers, It really serves no purpose at all.

    Then you add in the fact that it's known that religious mania is a mental process, not a physical process, and you suddenly realize that belief in god is mere human irrationality in an otherwise rational universe.

    No point in postulating the existence of Sky Pixies until they're needed.

    Right now, humanity has a surfeit of gods and too much of it's problems is the result of religious irrationality, be it from Islam, bible thumpers, or socialists.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Indeed.


    Of course not. There is no way to disprove God.

    BUT... if you believe that everything in the univese is/was created by the laws of physics, then you cannot escape the reality that all things are set in stone.
    Damn, I wish you people wouldn't pretend to know modern physics.

    Please state the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, you may use words, not equations.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Indeed.


    Of course not. There is no way to disprove God.

    BUT... if you believe that everything in the univese is/was created by the laws of physics, then you cannot escape the reality that all things are set in stone.
    I have some theories I have been working on but I won't get into it now.

    Science and the Universe have always fascinated me and compelled me to constantly learn and research.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And this has something to do with you just getting shown to be wrong, how?
    has some other poster arrived? I haven't checked the fractionally numbered posts, maybe that how I haven't notice him. Can you post quotes from this newcomer that's doing what you and Goobieman have failed to do?

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    sure you can.

    Since there's not one shred of evidence for the existence of this God character, and since this dude answers no questions and merely increases the complexity of the answers, It really serves no purpose at all.

    Then you add in the fact that it's known that religious mania is a mental process, not a physical process, and you suddenly realize that belief in god is mere human irrationality in an otherwise rational universe.

    No point in postulating the existence of Sky Pixies until they're needed.

    Right now, humanity has a surfeit of gods and too much of it's problems is the result of religious irrationality, be it from Islam, bible thumpers, or socialists.

    Just because you cannot Comprehend Raptor Jesus, Does not mean he doesn't love you.

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •