View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what?



    Maybe you don't understand. the Torah was written long before he made the calculations.
    Yeah, you're gonna have to work on your reading comprehension skills.

  2. #192
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You've shown that the Myth of Noah was written before the Mesopotamian legends of Gilgamesh?

    Where's your Nobel prize, since this overturns established chronology.
    More lies.

    Please point out where I said this or even implied it???

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If you studied physics, you would see your present ignorance and hang your head in shame.

    As it is, this is what I expect from thumpers.
    So you have no argument and you resort to adhoms, very nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, nothing could make your answer less true.
    So it is not true that 8 people can see the same event and not give a different story?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    And naturally committees never have any disagreements.
    Irrelevant to the subject at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Amazing. You earned degree in a science but refuse to think like a scientist.

    You earned a degree, and yet can't agree with what the science of anthropology says about the reality of human physical origins and the evolution of human culture.

    Can you explain why, as you so clearly lack any curiousity regarding the reality of human history on this planet, why you chose to study the science of human historical development?
    So you can't back up your claim and you resort to more lies and an adhom yet AGAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #193
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you can't back up your claim and you resort to more lies and an adhom yet AGAIN.
    Yes... and he thinks -I'm- the one with the problem.

    Last edited by Goobieman; 11-13-09 at 03:37 PM.

  4. #194
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What part of "Moses plagiarized the Epic of Gilgamesh and called him Noah" do you find impossible to understand?

    As stated, lots of cultures have flood legends.

    That's nice.

    Since the entire planet wasn't flooded, they're obviously not all about the same flood happening at the same time.
    So you are admitting you are wrong. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Gee, if they were all about the same flood happening at the same time, your argument that it was a local event bounded by people's limited knowlege of geography is false.
    They weren't, and I never said they were. Nice assuming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So you just refuted your own point and are demonstrating nothing but an inconsistency in reasoning consistent with religious hysteria.
    Keep reaching.

    I guess you did not see my last post which shows your utter lack of knowledge on the subject matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    More lies.

    Please point out where I said this or even implied it???
    You stated that the story of Noah wasn't plagiarized. Since one of the two documents is clearly copied from the other, you're now implying that whoever wrote the Epic of Gilgamesh plagiarized Noah.

    However, this theory crashes on the shoals of history, since the dating of both tales are firm and Noah came second.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you have no argument and you resort to adhoms, very nice.
    I refer you to Goobieman's Rule, and you'll either have to study enough physics to pass high school or request Goobieman to rescind that silly rule so I will be free to provide answers on a level an anthropologist might be able to understand.

    For a hint, refer to HG Wells and "The Man Who Could Work Miracles", which presents a hint of the problems associated with stopping the sun in it's tracks, or giving it the appearance of stopping, since it's the earth that moves in relation ot the sun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So it is not true that 8 people can see the same event and not give a different story?
    Since I didn't refute that statement and merely drew the correct conclusion from it, your inability to comprehend the written word makes you tedious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Irrelevant to the subject at hand.
    I post what's relevant, you're not the judge, since you can't comprehend basic written english.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you can't back up your claim and you resort to more lies and an adhom yet AGAIN.
    I can back up every claim I make.

    I'm absolved from having to do so by the Goobieman Rule, and this also makes me free to write on my level of comprehension, not yours.

    I like Goobieman's Rule, really I do.

    The ignorant people are having problems keeping up with me, but that's Goobiman's fault. It's his Rule.

  6. #196
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You stated that the story of Noah wasn't plagiarized. Since one of the two documents is clearly copied from the other, you're now implying that whoever wrote the Epic of Gilgamesh plagiarized Noah.
    I did not say anything even close. I also showed that other continents had exactly the same story and I don't see you claiming plagiarism in those cases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    However, this theory crashes on the shoals of history, since the dating of both tales are firm and Noah came second.
    All this proves is that one was written before the other, nothing else. So are you going to keep ignoring the evidence I posted or are you actually going to present a reasonable argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I refer you to Goobieman's Rule, and you'll either have to study enough physics to pass high school or request Goobieman to rescind that silly rule so I will be free to provide answers on a level an anthropologist might be able to understand.
    And this red herring has something to do with your argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    For a hint, refer to HG Wells and "The Man Who Could Work Miracles", which presents a hint of the problems associated with stopping the sun in it's tracks, or giving it the appearance of stopping, since it's the earth that moves in relation ot the sun.
    So a piece of accepted fiction is somehow evidence of something?


    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Since I didn't refute that statement and merely drew the correct conclusion from it, your inability to comprehend the written word makes you tedious.
    So you got nothing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I post what's relevant, you're not the judge, since you can't comprehend basic written english.
    More personal attacks. That gets your point across well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I can back up every claim I make.

    I'm absolved from having to do so by the Goobieman Rule, and this also makes me free to write on my level of comprehension, not yours.
    Still got nothing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I like Goobieman's Rule, really I do.

    The ignorant people are having problems keeping up with me, but that's Goobiman's fault. It's his Rule.
    Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I did not say anything even close. I also showed that other continents had exactly the same story and I don't see you claiming plagiarism in those cases.
    So in other words you're rescinding your argument that the Noah Myth is merely a local event.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    All this proves is that one was written before the other, nothing else.
    No, the evidence of plagiarism is quite plain. Since Gilgamesh predates Noah, Moses was the plagiarizer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So a piece of accepted fiction is somehow evidence of something?
    Exactly. The accepted piece of fiction known as Noah is evidence that Bible can't be taken on faith.

  8. #198
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Moderator's Warning:
    Does life on other planets disprove the BIbleKeep it civil everyone or... lightening will strike.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  9. #199
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So in other words you're rescinding your argument that the Noah Myth is merely a local event.
    Go back and read what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, the evidence of plagiarism is quite plain. Since Gilgamesh predates Noah, Moses was the plagiarizer.
    So I guess this...

    Africa:

    "Southwest Tanzania
    Once upon a time the rivers began to flood. The god told two people to get into a ship. He told them to take lots of seed and to take lots of animals. The water of the flood eventually covered the mountains. Finally the flood stopped. Then one of the men, wanting to know if the water had dried up let a dove loose. The dove returned. Later he let loose a hawk which did not return. Then the men left the boat and took the animals and the seeds with them.
    "

    China:

    "The Chinese classic called the Hihking tells about "the family of Fuhi," that was saved from a great flood. This ancient story tells that the entire land was flooded; the mountains and everything, however one family survived in a boat. The Chinese consider this man the father of their civilization. This record indicates that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters were the only people that escaped the great flood. It is claimed, that he and his family were the only people alive on earth, and repopulated the world.

    North America

    "Mexico
    The Toltec natives have a legend telling that the original creation lasted for 1716 years, and was destroyed by a flood and only one family survived.

    Aztec- A man named Tapi lived a long time ago. Tapi was a very pious man. The creator told Tapi to build a boat that he would live in. He was told that he should take his wife, a pair of every animal that was alive into this boat. Naturally everyone thought he was crazy. Then the rain started and the flood came. The men and animals tried to climb the mountains but the mountains became flooded as well. Finally the rain ended. Tapi decided that the water had dried up when he let a dove loose that did not return.

    United States
    The Ojibwe natives who have lived in Minnesota USA since approximately 1400AD also have a creation and flood story that closely paralleles the Biblical account. "There came a time when the harmonious way of life did not continue. Men and women disrespected each other, families quarreled and soon villages began arguing back and forth. This saddened Gitchie Manido [the Creator] greatly, but he waited. Finally, when it seemed there was no hope left, Creator decided to purify Mother Earth through the use of water. The water came, flooding the Earth, catching all of creation off guard. All but a few of each living thing survived." Then it tells how Waynaboozhoo survived by floating on a log in the water with various animals.
    Ojibwe - Ancient native American creation story tells of world wide flood.

    Delaware Indians - In the pristine age, the world lived at peace; but an evil spirit came and caused a great flood. The earth was submerged. A few persons had taken refuge on the back of a turtle, so old that his shell had collected moss. A loon flew over their heads and was entreated to dive beneath the water and bring up land. It found only a bottomless sea. Then the bird flew far away, came back with a small portion of earth in its bill, and guided the tortoise to a place where there was a spot of dry land.


    Means nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Exactly. The accepted piece of fiction known as Noah is evidence that Bible can't be taken on faith.
    So you still got nothing.

    OK we are done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Does life on other planets disprove the BIbleKeep it civil everyone or... lightening will strike.
    Oh, good, I could use some help losing weight.

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •