View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because...

    22 22.00%
  • No, because...

    64 64.00%
  • Other

    14 14.00%
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 870

Thread: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Okay so...

    God made man in his image, right? What if we encounter alien life that doesn't look like us at all, but is way more intelligent and advanced than us? That would logically make them more advanced than God. How would the Bible explain that away?

    I agree that the Bible is an inconsistent document to begin with, so we cannot rely on it to answer such large questions. Still, it's an interesting debate to consider though.

  2. #92
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No. You stated that the fact that an answer exists is sufficient and that comprehension of the answer is irrelevant.

    Now you're getting all pissy because you don't understand an answer, a perfectly valid answer, to your question.
    What you deliberately fail to reconize, in a typically infantile attept to cover your lack of sound argument, is that the issue here is not my failure to understand, but of you to show that your statement is true.

    You made a statement. Show that statement to be true.

  3. #93
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    God made man in his image, right? What if we encounter alien life that doesn't look like us at all, but is way more intelligent and advanced than us?
    Beats me. What?

    That would logically make them more advanced than God.
    This is only the case if "in his image" means "as advanced as".
    That's a patently silly supposition.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Okay so...

    God made man in his image, right? What if we encounter alien life that doesn't look like us at all, but is way more intelligent and advanced than us? That would logically make them more advanced than God. How would the Bible explain that away?

    I agree that the Bible is an inconsistent document to begin with, so we cannot rely on it to answer such large questions. Still, it's an interesting debate to consider though.
    The explanation for that has always been that the Magic Sky Pixie made man in Her spiritual image, not physical.

  5. #95
    User Freebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On The Tenna Sea
    Last Seen
    10-08-11 @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    119

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    I don't see that discovering life on other planets would change anything about what the Bible teaches. If anything, it might make it a little easier to understand in scientific terms.

    My grandfather was a Baptist minister for some 50 years, and he was fascinated by the prospect of extraterrestrial life. I suggested it may be possible that we are the ones who were transplanted from another planet far more advanced than our own, and he agreed that could be a possibility. If that were the case, artificial insemination would certainly explain how a virgin became pregnant as we've been able to do that for many years. If space travel were possible over 2,000 years ago, I'm sure those who were capable of that could have had the technology to bring the dead back to life.

    The Bible says Jesus will return on a cloud, but who's to say he won't be riding on a spaceship when that happens? Then comes the next question, who created the aliens? It will all still come back to a basic belief in God... or not.
    Whiners annoy me

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What you deliberately fail to reconize, in a typically infantile attept to cover your lack of sound argument, is that the issue here is not my failure to understand, but of you to show that your statement is true.

    You made a statement. Show that statement to be true.
    Hey, you made the rule, buddy, quit your whining, your ignorance isn't my problem:

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What necessitates that something had to?
    For that matter, if there is an answer, what necessitates that it is an answer you can understand?
    There is an answer.

    The trout in the mountain stream disproves the Flood.

    You don't understand why?

    Tough. I'm not explaining because YOUR rule says I'm not required to.

    Rescind your rule if you seek enlightenment, grasshopper.

  7. #97
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hey, you made the rule, buddy, quit your whining, your ignorance isn't my problem:


    Its clear that you know you cannot support your argument, so you're going to do everthing you can to avoid having to explain how your statement diproves the Bible.

    The trout in the mountain stream disproves the Flood.
    Explain how this is true.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post


    Its clear that you know you cannot support your argument, so you're going to do everthing you can to avoid having to explain how your statement diproves the Bible.
    What's evident is that you made a rule without bothering to think of what it meant.

    What's also evident is that you're too stubborn to admit error.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Explain how this is true.
    I'm laughing my ass off, over here.

  9. #99
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I'm laughing my ass off, over here.
    Laugh all you want -- you still havent supported your claim, and as such your claim remains meaningless. If thats how you want to leave things, I really do not care.

    Now, why not stop what I mostly assume is a rather excellent impression of a 4-year old, and show that your statement is true.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 11-12-09 at 05:03 PM.

  10. #100
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does life on other planets disprove the BIble

    Moderator's Warning:
    Does life on other planets disprove the BIbleCease all personal attacks or there will be consequences

Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •