View Poll Results: Have you ever done a political 180?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - why?

    22 61.11%
  • No - Why?

    9 25.00%
  • Other?

    5 13.89%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 150

Thread: Political 180

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's fine. I have no problem with that. I wish more of the anti-gay crowd were as willing to not impose their will and views on others.
    I voted against Prop 8 in California.

    That means one more bigot that voted for Obama had to make up the difference.

  2. #52
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I voted against Prop 8 in California.

    That means one more bigot that voted for Obama had to make up the difference.
    Thank you. Like I said. I feel strongly that people, such as yourself, should be entitled to your beliefs and ideas.
    I expect, however, and thank you for your example, that people keep those views and ideas for themselves and not seek to impose those views and ideas of other people.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #53
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    ****ing retarded. I'd have just wrote retarded, but I needed 10 characters.
    Because I disagree with you...I'm retarded? Nice.

    How old are you anyway?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #54
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Political 180

    Of course I have, and my views are still changing. For example, the reaction of the right wing to the current administration is constantly showing me how unreasonable I was during the Bush years. There was plenty to justify it (NSA spying alone), but I was still rather paranoid and overly mistrusting of the administration's motives.

  5. #55
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Because I disagree with you...I'm retarded? Nice.

    How old are you anyway?
    No, you're retarded because you're a partisan hack who's only posts on this forum are about why Republicans and Conservatives are bad, despite getting your images of them from TV. I like a lot of liberals on this site and am pretty liberal about many issues myself. I even voted for Obama. It's just that you're retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  6. #56
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    No, you're retarded because you're a partisan hack who's only posts on this forum are about why Republicans and Conservatives are bad, despite getting your images of them from TV. I like a lot of liberals on this site and am pretty liberal about many issues myself. I even voted for Obama. It's just that you're retarded.
    Well....I guess that's how we are different. You are a partisan hack that engages in personal attacks. You do understand that its a sign of weakness right?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #57
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Political 180

    The only complete 180 was on abortion. When I was younger I was against "it", although I hadn't looked at all the facts and circumstances.

    Although I still think it is a barbaric procedure, the choice should always be up to the individual.

    Now as an adult I use facts, science, common sense, compassion, and the desire for everyone to have as much freedom as possible in guiding my positions... and I haven't had the need to change any yet.

  8. #58
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Political 180

    Joe....I think you hit the nail on the head perfectly on why my views have changed as well.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #59
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I realized that the views that I had been taught by the Republican system were simply means to keep power and control over resources in the hands of the "haves".
    The dirty secret Liberals refuse to believe is that there are more rich Liberals than there are rich Conservatives.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  10. #60
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Political 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post


    Now as an adult I use facts, science, common sense, compassion, and the desire for everyone to have as much freedom as possible in guiding my positions... and I haven't had the need to change any yet.
    Compassion should be reserved for aborted/murdered babies.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •