View Poll Results: Can a person be anti Gay marriage and not be a bigot?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    66 72.53%
  • No

    25 27.47%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 236

Thread: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

  1. #121
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    They can marry a person of the opposite sex just like everybody else, that is what marriage is.
    Again, that makes no sense... They are GAY... You know what that means, so you know how silly that argument is...

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Again, that makes no sense... They are GAY... You know what that means, so you know how silly that argument is...
    It makes about as much sense as two hetero males getting a civil union if they want to NOT have the rights they're entitled to as heteros.





    Once again, this whole debate is asinine. I think gays may accidentally be the best trolls this planet has ever seen.

    Last edited by EpicDude86; 11-08-09 at 04:08 PM.

  3. #123
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Again, that makes no sense... They are GAY... You know what that means, so you know how silly that argument is...
    Not silly at all.... marriage, as defined is a union between a man and a woman, gays have that right today.... what they want to do is redefine marriage as a union between anything and anything.

    They want to change the definition, then claim they are being discriminated against…. That is the silly argument.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Not silly at all.... marriage, as defined is a union between a man and a woman, gays have that right today.... what they want to do is redefine marriage as a union between anything and anything.

    They want to change the definition, then claim they are being discriminated against…. That is the silly argument.
    Actually 'they' want to redefine marriage as a civil contract between two willing individuals. Would you like to further distort the position of pro-gay marriage any more today?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #125
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Maybe looking at the question a different way will make it clearer.

    Instead of asking yourself what gives gay people the right to marry, ask yourself what gives straight people the right to tell gay people who they can and cannot marry. Where is that in the constitution? What inalienable right to tell other people who to marry is there?

  6. #126
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleoftheRoad View Post
    I keep seeing people say gays don't have equal rights. But any man is free to marry any woman who is agreeable, just as any woman may marry any man. Seems equal to me. Now for any man to marry any other man seems like that would be an additional right.
    Yeah, like how blacks were perfectly free to marry other blacks and whites were perfectly free to marry other whites. Seems pretty equal to me!

  7. #127
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yeah, like how blacks were perfectly free to marry other blacks and whites were perfectly free to marry other whites. Seems pretty equal to me!
    You're free. As long as you do what we want you to do.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #128
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,633

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleoftheRoad View Post
    Its not a silly argument, its a fact. If a man doesn't want to marry a woman, thats fine. There is no law saying he must.
    Of course it's a silly argument. And it's illogical, too. A straight person can marry someone that they want to, based on their sexual orientation. A gay person cannot. That's the distinction that those who make this argument omit...and why it is a silly and ridiculous argument.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Not silly at all.... marriage, as defined is a union between a man and a woman, gays have that right today.... what they want to do is redefine marriage as a union between anything and anything.
    What you are talking about is a legal codification. even in the states where States do not recognize gay marriage gays are still getting married.

    They want to change the definition, then claim they are being discriminated against…. That is the silly argument.
    Why?

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,633

    Re: Can a person be against Gay Marriage and not be a bigot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    What the problem is, gays are first wanting to redefine the concept of marriage, then they want to claim they are being denied one of their basic rights.

    They are as free to marry a person of the opposite sex as anyone else.... that is what marriage is.
    A great example of the Argumentum ad antiquitatem (the argument to antiquity or tradition) logical fallacy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •