View Poll Results: Terrorist or Not

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, A terrorist Attack

    110 68.32%
  • no

    51 31.68%
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 390

Thread: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

  1. #361
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    There's a reason it's called a "Background Check" and if the court had filed the paperwork about his COURT ORDERED therapy or whatever, then it would have shown on a background check.
    It appears that with both Hassan and Cho, it did not. That is the deficiency being discussed.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It appears that with both Hassan and Cho, it did not. That is the deficiency being discussed.
    Then it's not the gun laws that are the problem is it?

  3. #363
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Then it's not the gun laws that are the problem is it?
    As I have stated numerous times it is a deficiency in the background check system for gun purchases.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As I have stated numerous times it is a deficiency in the background check system for gun purchases.
    ...which is not a problem with gun laws...

  5. #365
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    ...which is not a problem with gun laws...
    Background checks are part of our gun laws. The part that is deficient.
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Brady Background Checks

    Gun Laws Lacking with Fort Hood Suspect.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #366
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Its not a ****ing terrorist attack.

    What was the message?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Background checks are part of our gun laws. The part that is deficient.
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Brady Background Checks

    Gun Laws Lacking with Fort Hood Suspect.
    If a law dictates how something should be done, in this case a background check and waiting period, then if that is not done properly (or cannot be done properly because some other agency failed its job) it is not the fault of the gun laws.


    If everyone would just have a gun, the world would be a safer place.

  8. #368
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    If a law dictates how something should be done, in this case a background check and waiting period, then if that is not done properly (or cannot be done properly because some other agency failed its job) it is not the fault of the gun laws.


    If everyone would just have a gun, the world would be a safer place.
    If background checks do not require this information it is a deficiency of the background check laws.

    So you okay with allowing anyone, despite their mental state, to legally purchase guns? Students too I presume?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If background checks do not require this information it is a deficiency of the background check laws.

    So you okay with allowing anyone, despite their mental state, to legally purchase guns? Students too I presume?
    Virginia State Police - Firearms Purchase Eligibility Test

    See any deficiency there? I think it's pretty thorough.

    Now, failing that, find me the deficiency in the Court's orders not being enforced.

    When you see it, you will **** bricks.

  10. #370
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Virginia State Police - Firearms Purchase Eligibility Test

    See any deficiency there? I think it's pretty thorough.

    Now, failing that, find me the deficiency in the Court's orders not being enforced.

    When you see it, you will **** bricks.
    As with many tragic events, there is more than one cause. The independent investigation of the VT in addition to a failure of the University also cited lax gun laws in Virginia.

    "An independent investigation into the April 16 massacre at Virginia Tech criticized the university for failing to respond to the troubled behavior of senior Seung-Hui Cho before he went on his shooting rampage and for communication problems that day.

    The 249-page report, released Thursday, also cited lax enforcement of gun regulations and lack of state funding for mental health as contributing factors to the tragedy."
    The Online NewsHour: Shootings at Virgina Tech | PBS

    This also appears to be a factor in the Fort Hood shootings.

    "Schumer says that should have been enough to raise a red flag when Hasan tried to buy a gun. He says Hasan should not have passed the background check."
    Schumer: Gun Laws Lacking With Fort Hood Suspect - wcbstv.com
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •