View Poll Results: Terrorist or Not

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, A terrorist Attack

    110 68.32%
  • no

    51 31.68%
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 390

Thread: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

  1. #291
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I would call it an attack on American Soldiers, and you can figure the reason out and call your Politician later.
    What do you expect a politician to do about it? Do politicians normally deal with criminals?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What do you expect a politician to do about it? Do politicians normally deal with criminals?
    First of all, yeah, they create the laws that deem them as such.

    Didn't have your decoder ring ready? Well no matte here comes the secret message!

    Make a decision on this incident. If you think it was a terrorist act or an event that could have been prevented, Call your legislator regarding legislation to prevent this sort of thing from happening next time. I can't be a good citizen for you.

  3. #293
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    First of all, yeah, they create the laws that deem them as such.

    Didn't have your decoder ring ready? Well no matte here comes the secret message!

    Make a decision on this incident. If you think it was a terrorist act or an event that could have been prevented, Call your legislator regarding legislation to prevent this sort of thing from happening next time. I can't be a good citizen for you.

    I hate to be the one to break the news, but what he did is already against the law.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I hate to be the one to break the news, but what he did is already against the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    regarding legislation to prevent this sort of thing from happening next time
    This is what I meant, but if you feel like nit picking that's great. It was also a suggestion, so if you think this situation was handled relatively well, then don't call your legislator. I'm just trying to offer solutions that we can all take part in.

  5. #295
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    This is what I meant, but if you feel like nit picking that's great. It was also a suggestion, so if you think this situation was handled relatively well, then don't call your legislator. I'm just trying to offer solutions that we can all take part in.
    Not nit picking, genuinely interested in what you think legislators can do to prevent someone from going off and committing mass murder. We had a similar thing happen at Virginia Tech, a nearby college.

    Gun control???
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Not nit picking, genuinely interested in what you think legislators can do to prevent someone from going off and committing mass murder. We had a similar thing happen at Virginia Tech, a nearby college.

    Gun control???
    Would you blame VT on lax Gun control? I hope not.


    How about government bureaucrats not doing their damn job and monitoring Cho like they were supposed to...Which...sounds a little familiar in this case.

  7. #297
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post


    How about government bureaucrats not doing their damn job and monitoring Cho like they were supposed to...Which...sounds a little familiar in this case.
    Both got their guns without proper background checks. Is that what you mean about government bureaucrats not doing their damn job?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Both got their guns without proper background checks. Is that what you mean about government bureaucrats not doing their damn job?
    The FBI and Army were tracking Hasan's radical behavior. But because they were afraid to report him in fear of being punished for discrimination, they did not and now lots of Soldiers are dead.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I hate to be the one to break the news, but what he did is already against the law.
    So then I assume you are ideologically opposed to "Hate Crimes", right?

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Both got their guns without proper background checks. Is that what you mean about government bureaucrats not doing their damn job?
    I mean they both raised a number of red flags and we're either unmonitored as Cho was (He had court appointed therapy or some **** that he didn't go to on more than one occasion) and this Hasan guy was clearly raising red flags all over the place for being off his rocker.

    And they both got their guns without proper background checks? I find it hard to believe that a Soldier in the Army would not pass a background check. As for Cho...where did his guns come from again?

    On Cho:

    "Cho held a green card, meaning he was a legal, permanent resident, according to federal officials. That meant he was eligible to buy a handgun unless he had been convicted of a felony."

    "Virginia State Police Superintendent Col. W. Steven Flaherty said Tuesday afternoon that both guns were purchased legally in Virginia."

    No dubious means here.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 11-14-09 at 02:20 AM.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •