View Poll Results: Terrorist or Not

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, A terrorist Attack

    110 68.32%
  • no

    51 31.68%
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 390

Thread: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

  1. #261
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I suppose you missed the second sentence huh? In fact you seem to have missed the entire point.
    I actually got the point and disagree - perhaps I just consider my husband and others to be more human than thoughtless animals, even on the battlefield.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #262
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I actually got the point and disagree - perhaps I just consider my husband and others to be more human than thoughtless animals, even on the battlefield.
    Nice Red Herring. No one said anything about any kind of thoughtless animals. If you just "disagreed" why did you try to use my comment out of context? So dishonest.

    You can ignore the reality of the situation and the fact it is hurting our military all you like. The only people who will pay is our solders. A military made of solders not ready to fight a real war.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 11-10-09 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    My dogs are always very thoughtful. They happily greet me when I arrive home, sit when I tell them to, help dispose of bones and table scraps, and alert me if someone walks by the house. I think they are thoughtful and considerate!

  4. #264
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    My dogs are always very thoughtful. They happily greet me when I arrive home, sit when I tell them to, help dispose of bones and table scraps, and alert me if someone walks by the house. I think they are thoughtful and considerate!
    My dog is an asshole.

  5. #265
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nice Red Herring. No one said anything about any kind of thoughtless animals. If you just "disagreed" why did you try to use my comment out of context? So dishonest.

    You can ignore the reality of the situation and the fact it is hurting our military all you like. The only people who will pay is our solders. A military made of solders not ready to fight a real war.
    See, now you're just trying to pick at a scab that isn't even there.
    Very well. . . .Fully quoting to get you back on track:

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We still teach young men and women to kill without thought. To kill on a superiors orders without question. Do you really think that does not have an effect on a young man or woman?

    We want you to respect the enemy, but kill him when needed. We were taught the enemy was the enemy and the idea is to kill him so he cannot kill you. Stupid politicians and bleeding heart civilians running the military when they have no ****ing clue.

    This is why our military today is so ****ed up today. We are not preparing them for war. We are preparing them for some kind of deranged social experiment.
    And my reply still applies to the whole entire point you tried to make - whether I quoted the whole thing or not:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Taught to kill without thought?

    If we were cleared to kill without thought this whole Middle East issue would be resolved by now.
    Followed with:

    perhaps I just consider my husband and others to be more human than thoughtless animals, even on the battlefield.
    So you seemed lost, you're picking it apart too muchb. . .

    My view:

    We USE to encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy.
    We NO LONGER encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy - and I feel we shouldn't because it's not necessary.

    Not that complicated of a sentiment, there.

    Your view:

    We USE to encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy.
    We NO LONGER encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy - and you feel we should because we are really preparing our soldiers for some sort of "derranged social experiement"

    and, apparently, you feel that Hassan is an example of your view.

    But you're overlooking the fact that flippants like Hassan have been found in every army - throughout history - he's not the first - so obviously it's not a product of something like "pc warfare" which coincides with our modern era.

    If a soldier has serious moral issues that impare their views and they do NOT agree with what they're expected to do there are outs - ALWAYS have been - they're given based on religious and other issues and they're implimented all the time.

    So that's what Hassan should have done - This whole "we're messing up our soldiers by NOT teaching them to hate everyone" is a bit skewed in this regard.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #266
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    We USE to encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy. We NO LONGER encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy - and I feel we shouldn't because it's not necessary.

    Not that complicated of a sentiment, there.
    And as I stated before it's liberal pussy thinking like that, that gets our solders killed.

    And people wonder why we can't win wars anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    We USE to encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy.
    We NO LONGER encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy - and you feel we should because we are really preparing our soldiers for some sort of "derranged social experiement"
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    and, apparently, you feel that Hassan is an example of your view.
    Please point out where I said anything of the sort, or even implyed it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    But you're overlooking the fact that flippants like Hassan have been found in every army - throughout history - he's not the first - so obviously it's not a product of something like "pc warfare" which coincides with our modern era.
    How am I overlooking it? I have not even mentioned him in the last what, 4 posts?

    Truth is I know this, so what?

    I think your own statement sums up my position...

    "If we were cleared to kill without thought this whole Middle East issue would be resolved by now." - Aunt Spiker

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If a soldier has serious moral issues that impare their views and they do NOT agree with what they're expected to do there are outs - ALWAYS have been - they're given based on religious and other issues and they're implimented all the time.
    Solders have had "moral" issues since the beginning of time. today It is part of a mixed race, sex, religion modern military. It has been and will continue to be a problem.

    Discharging or locking up people who disagree on whatever grounds is illegal if you have no evidence. Thought is still not a crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    So that's what Hassan should have done - This whole "we're messing up our soldiers by NOT teaching them to hate everyone" is a bit skewed in this regard.
    No it's not. He should have been relieved as soon as a problem was seen for his own safety. They did not see a problem legitimate or not. So for this argument it is irrelevant.

    The military is not perfect and people will fall through the cracks. Welcome to reality and human fallibility.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 11-10-09 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    My view:

    We USE to encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy.
    We NO LONGER encourage "blind angst" towards our enemy - and I feel we shouldn't because it's not necessary.

    Not that complicated of a sentiment, there.


    Gunny would like to remind you that there is no place in WAR for sentiments like that.

  8. #268
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Blackdog - you represent the classic alpha-male. Where pride and arrogance support the aged and dying thought that men cannot have feelings, cannot think, and must be drones - lest they be "pussies."

    I, however, believe that they can function just fine as soldiers while being very much in touch with their "selves" at the same time - no borge collective or sheepism necessary.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Blackdog - you represent the classic alpha-male. Where pride and arrogance support the aged and dying thought that men cannot have feelings, cannot think, and must be drones - lest they be "pussies."

    I, however, believe that they can function just fine as soldiers while being very much in touch with their "selves" at the same time - no borge collective or sheepism necessary.
    It's because women killed Chivalry that we act this way.



  10. #270
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    It's because women killed Chivalry that we act this way.



    Damn straight! We ruined all that primitive "gender-place" trype.

    Completely unrelated - As always we can look to Rollins for input on this subject.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5S74dB6oXc&feature=related"]YouTube- henry rollins women[/ame]
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •