View Poll Results: Terrorist or Not

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, A terrorist Attack

    110 68.32%
  • no

    51 31.68%
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 390

Thread: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    The Crusades were essentially counter-offenses to Muslim insurgences into Europe.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    My apologies if I misconstrued your earlier statement. I thought that you were arguing that an act should be classified differently depending on whether the religious motivation was Islam or Christianity, due to the way in which each is interpreted across the globe.
    I won't accept your apology because there's no need for one. It's all gravy baby. It's actually a common misconception (or shall I say prejudice); Religion isn't the main, or driving, reason for terrorism. A front maybe, but the real reason is control. Control by an essentially smaller or weaker force over a larger one by means of fear.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    The Crusades were essentially counter-offenses to Muslim insurgences into Europe.

    Jerusalem is not in Europe.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Please point out where in the NT it says to go and conquer the Holy land or any such nonsense.
    Well, you are talking about the Bible, which is more than just the NT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Your argument thus far is not only weak, but just plane uninformed and ridicules.
    You're the one picking at percieved weak points in my argument without bringing anything new to the table.

  5. #155
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    The Papal Archives part was a joke, but you said Christian texts. This would include Christian writings, books, Letters from the Papacy, and other religious-based documentation. I even italicized it in my qoute.
    Those are not considered cannon, sorry that does not float. Hell, anyone can right a letter from a position of authority, does not make it religious text.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    And let's see. Who called for each Crusade? You do realize there were Convert-or-Kill clauses attached to, not only the purpose of the Crusades, but many of the "Mission Statements" of Knightly Orders as well?
    And this has something to do with the teachings of Christ how? I mean that is what you follow or you are not a Christan.

    As I said much evil has been done in the name of God, for mans own purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #156
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Well, you are talking about the Bible, which is more than just the NT.
    The OT does not apply to Christians in any way. It is the old covenant with Gods chosen people, not gentiles. Any biblical scholar or practicing Jew can tell you that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You're the one picking at percieved weak points in my argument without bringing anything new to the table.
    You made a sweeping generalization about the Christian religion which is in fact not true. I don't need to bring anything new.

    The Bible pretty much spells out to forgive and not kill for conversion, pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Those are not considered cannon, sorry that does not float. Hell, anyone can right a letter from a position of authority, does not make it religious text.
    It's Canon, and yes many of them are considered canon, otherwise they'd have been thrown out. Papal infallibility is a lovely thing. Secondly, While we do admit we've had bad Popes (I'm Roman Catholic btw) unless the Vatican says otherwise, it stays canon, even if it is outdated or not accepted by the rest of Society.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And this has something to do with the teachings of Christ how? I mean that is what you follow or you are not a Christan.

    As I said much evil has been done in the name of God, for mans own purpose.
    It has everything to do with how they were interpreted.
    And as you might have noticed, mankind is pretty crappy at interpretation sometimes. Now, back to my original point: Christianity and Islam both have promoted violence in their texts, Obviously Islam more so in their Holy Book than Christianity, but each side have had their moments with violence. Christianity has come out of that with the exception of a few radical groups. Islam is the other way around: There are a few 'radical' Muslims who don't take the Koran literally and they're the ones that are your friends, own businesses, and in general don't Jihad on your ass.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The OT does not apply to Christians in any way. It is the old covenant with Gods chosen people, not gentiles. Any biblical scholar or practicing Jew can tell you that.
    You are bat**** insane, sir or madame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You made a sweeping generalization about the Christian religion which is in fact not true. I don't need to bring anything new.

    The Bible pretty much spells out to forgive and not kill for conversion, pretty simple.
    Yeah, I said Christians used to be more violent and now they aren't. How dare I.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You are bat**** insane, sir or madame.



    Yeah, I said Christians used to be more violent and now they aren't. How dare I.
    I think insulting people is a no-no here, if I'm not mistaken. They encourage attacks of ideas, but not other posters.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood - Terrorist Attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I think insulting people is a no-no here, if I'm not mistaken. They encourage attacks of ideas, but not other posters.
    It was merely an observation. I did add 'sir or madame' so it was a little more respectful.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •