View Poll Results: Do you have the right to NOT exercise a right?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 88.89%
  • No

    2 4.44%
  • Other

    3 6.67%
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 377

Thread: The right to -not- exercise a right?

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If you had used my base assumption and had understood my arguments, you couldn't have come to the conclusion you posted earlier.
    I used them.

    I just showed you where I used them, and that they are indeed yours, using YOUR quotes from this very thread.

    I came to the logical conclusion demonstrated.

    Now you're just lying your ass off because you don't have the maturity to concede.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Nor is there any reason to think they exist at all.

    You know, I was thinking. If "natural rights" exist outside of humanity and outside of human society, how long have they been around? Since the dawn of human civilization? Since the dawn of the universe? Are they seriously expecting us to believe that these "natural rights" hung around for 13.6 or so billion years waiting for mankind to evolve? And when did they start to apply to mankind? Did Neanderthals have rights? Or did it have to wait until Homo erectus or maybe even Homo sapiens to have any application?

    Yet we can keep asking these questions and the best we get from the libertarians is "WE'RE RIGHT! SO THERE!"
    Hello?

    I'm as libertarians as it gets.

    Natural rights are a superstitious farce, nothing more. Read what I said above carefully.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Deep, daddy-o. Deep.


    Let's face it, there's about as much hard evidence in Natural Rights as there is in God. What really defines Natural Rights? Well, the same thing that defines God. Faith. Believing that truly these things exist is what gives them their pseudo-concrete form. amirite or amirite?
    So long as people can pretend there's a Great Daddy in the sky, they don't have to worry about what's really happening.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I used them.

    I just showed you where I used them, and that they are indeed yours, using YOUR quotes from this very thread.

    I came to the logical conclusion demonstrated.

    Now you're just lying your ass off because you don't have the maturity to concede.
    No, you really honestly didn't. First off, you threw out the corollaries I had previously listed when debating this. Secondly, you've engaged in the same misrepresentation that you've been doing the entire time. The misrepresentation I keep saying is a misrepresentation but that you don't seem to care about.

    You obviously didn't use my arguments, quit lying.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #365
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    As loathe as I am to use Biblical arguments, perhaps you ought to be looking more at the log in your own eye than the speck in anyone else's. You seem to be totally ignoring that.
    -- Still -- looking for your response
    Get to work or admit failure

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, you really honestly didn't.
    Really, I really truly honestly did. All you had to do was read the posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    First off, you threw out the corollaries I had previously listed when debating this.
    Assumptions do not have corollaries, conclusions do.

    But since your assumptions were invalid and could not sustain a logcially consistent argument, your conclusions were wrong, as I most throughly demonstrated. Any "corollaries" drawn from false conclusions are false.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Secondly, you've engaged in the same misrepresentation that you've been doing the entire time.
    Translated into english, this statement means "I can't refute your logic that demolishes what I said, so I'm going to say 'you're wrong, I'm right, it doesn't matter what the logic is' ".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The misrepresentation I keep saying is a misrepresentation but that you don't seem to care about.
    Yes, you're still wrong until you actually refute the proof refuting you.

    Since you've claimed the assumptions I used were wrong, and those assumptions were your assumptions, you've already conceded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You obviously didn't use my arguments, quit lying.
    No, I didn't use your arguments.

    I refuted them.

    Your religious convictions that natural rights somehow and inexplicably exist are refuted by your own statements.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So long as people can pretend there's a Great Daddy in the sky, they don't have to worry about what's really happening.
    I believe there's a Great Daddy in the sky. And yet...I worry about everything going on around me. Am I an anomaly to your declaration?

  8. #368
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    -- Still -- looking for your response
    Get to work or admit failure
    -- Still -- waiting for evidence for the initial claim. Let me know when I can expect it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I believe there's a Great Daddy in the sky. And yet...I worry about everything going on around me. Am I an anomaly to your declaration?
    No, you need more prozac.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: The right to -not- exercise a right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, you need more prozac.
    Sorry, no pharmaceuticals for me.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •