View Poll Results: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gaining International Support

    1 2.33%
  • Regulating Wall Street

    4 9.30%
  • Unemployment

    12 27.91%
  • Health Care

    8 18.60%
  • Climate Change

    1 2.33%
  • Immigration

    2 4.65%
  • Silencing dissenting views

    2 4.65%
  • Gay/Lesbian Rights

    1 2.33%
  • The War on Terror

    10 23.26%
  • Education

    2 4.65%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110

Thread: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    But that was an anomaly. They haven't killed that many people anywhere else in the world, before or since. The average attack kills far less.
    So?

    If you're claiming that it's impossible to happen again, say so, otherwise your point is mysterious.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If we were fighting other wars other than optional wars I might agree with you.
    You mean like the war in Afghangland, which was forced upon us by the Afghanis.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    The president hasn't the luxury of prioritizing the needs of this country and the free world. At most, the day determines his priority. .
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

    When it's time to dribble, play golf, campaign, whatever comes up first, that takes clear precedence over the duty of the Commander in Chief to determine what "victory" means in terms of Afghanistan and how best to achieve that with minimal loss of American lives.

    Whatever comes first, that's what the Prez has to do. You people elected him so that no one would have to decide what's important.

    BTW, wtf do you think "leaders" are for? And no, I don't mean the monofilament line on pre-packaged fish hooks.

    I mean, you pretend to be a sergeant. Should the commander in the field require his troops to fight the infantry coming up in front, because they were there first, and he should ignore the artillery because that started coming in after the enemy infantry showed up.

    I seriously hope you were a sergeant in someone else's Boy Scout troop.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 11-02-09 at 12:52 PM.

  4. #54
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You mean like the war in Afghangland, which was forced upon us by the Afghanis.
    Have to disagree, just like we aren't fighting the Afghan people or the Iraqis per se, we are fighting the warlords in power, such as the Taliban, Al Queda, Baath party, etc. The people of that region are probably as war weary as we are, yet we have the luxury of complaining, their lives depend on these terror groups and supporters being irradicated.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Have to disagree,
    You've every freedom to be wrong. Get used to it.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

    When it's time to dribble, play golf, campaign, whatever comes up first, that takes clear precedence over the duty of the Commander in Chief to determine what "victory" means in terms of Afghanistan and how best to achieve that with minimal loss of American lives.

    Whatever comes first, that's what the Prez has to do. You people elected him so that no one would have to decide what's important.

    BTW, wtf do you think "leaders" are for? And no, I don't mean the monofilament line on pre-packaged fish hooks.

    I mean, you pretend to be a sergeant. Should the commander in the field require his troops to fight the infantry coming up in front, because they were there first, and he should ignore the artillery because that started coming in after the enemy infantry showed up.

    I seriously hope you were a sergeant in someone else's Boy Scout troop.
    I am somewhat stunned at the above highlighted comments. Who is the "you people?" Surely you don't believe the person you are responding to voted for Obama are you? That would be news to me.

    In addition, not knowing whether or not anyone who claims they served have or not, I would prefer giving them the benefit of the doubt and treat them with some respect due to their service and give some deference to their opinions on matters of military import.

    These are just a few of me thoughts about your caustic comments towards someone who is a great asset to the forum and makes a lot of sense.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You've every freedom to be wrong. Get used to it.
    Let me correct this; he has the freedom to be wrong just because you say he is; but you have presented nothing to support such statements have you?

  8. #58
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So?

    If you're claiming that it's impossible to happen again, say so, otherwise your point is mysterious.
    My point is that spending such an inordinate amount of resources on something that only kills a few hundred people per year is a little silly. In terms of lives saved, we'd be better off fighting a war on swimming pools.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #59
    Advisor Sanitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The world.
    Last Seen
    03-05-12 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    I'm seriously the only person to vote education?
    "All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language...No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne

  10. #60
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You mean like the war in Afghangland, which was forced upon us by the Afghanis.
    Just as with the Iraqis, the Afghanis were never a threat to us.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •