View Poll Results: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gaining International Support

    1 2.33%
  • Regulating Wall Street

    4 9.30%
  • Unemployment

    12 27.91%
  • Health Care

    8 18.60%
  • Climate Change

    1 2.33%
  • Immigration

    2 4.65%
  • Silencing dissenting views

    2 4.65%
  • Gay/Lesbian Rights

    1 2.33%
  • The War on Terror

    10 23.26%
  • Education

    2 4.65%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110

Thread: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

  1. #91
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,005

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The Rand Report stated the "war on terror" has been a failure, not me. I ask for evidence to refute the 2008 Rand report to the Pentagon and I get more opinion.
    The Rand Report called for a change of tactics to deal with a changing enemy. "Failure" is your word. You declared us as losing. The Rand Report did nothing of the kind. Tap into your own common sense. You ask for evidence? I gave you facts of the situation and you dismissed because "failure and losing" seem to be comfortable words for you. You did the same thing in regards to Iraq. The inability to think these things through or process these type reports will always have you confused. But maybe you are right. It's just a matter of time before we are the United States of Al-Queda. Their victory is at hand. I mean....you know...since we are "losing."
    Last edited by MSgt; 01-29-10 at 11:21 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #92
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    The Rand Report called for a change of tactics to deal with a changing enemy. "Failure" is your word. You declared us as losing. The Rand Report did nothing of the kind. Tap into your own common sense. You ask for evidence? I gave you facts of the situation and you dismissed because "failure and losing" seem to be comfortable words for you. You did the same thing in regards to Iraq. The inability to think these things through or process these type reports will always have you confused. But maybe you are right. It's just a matter of time before we are the United States of Al-Queda. Their victory is at hand. I mean....you know...since we are "losing."
    Here are quotes from the 2008 Rand Report to the Pentagon:

    "military force has not undermined al Qa'ida."


    Wasn't our goal to undermine al Qa'ida?

    "As of 2008, al Qa'ida has remained a strong and competent organization. Its goal is intact: to establish a pan-Islamic caliphate in the Middle East by uniting Muslims to fight infidels and overthrow West-friendly regimes. "

    Wasn't our goal to make al Qa'ida less strong and less competent?


    "It continues to employ terrorism and has been involved in more terrorist attacks around the world in the years since September 11, 2001, than in prior years, though engaging in no successful attacks of a comparable magnitude to the attacks on New York and Washington."


    Wasn't our goal to decrease terrorism world wide rather than to increase it?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #93
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,005

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't know how to interpret these reports...

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post

    "military force has not undermined al Qa'ida."


    Wasn't our goal to undermine al Qa'ida?
    This is a general statement and meant to portray Al-Queda a still a threat. They have been undermined since 9/11. They have met with failure over and over and over again. They did not get Iraq. They are constantly beig refused entry onto planes. The few attacks they have gotten in are inevitable. Dozens of attempts are surely going to produce one success sooner or later. This report is "safe."

    Military force has not obliterated Al-Quada from the face of the earth. It's not going to and it never was. Engaging them in the Phillipines, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Chad, and Indonesia is supposed to take how long? Is there a time limit? There are locations where they have yet to be engaged at all. And as long as they have a never ending recruitment pool, which is the uneducated Middle East, they will persist to exist and be slaughtered as they appear. And home grown terrorists in London, Germany, and France is a local problem for them to solve. Our problem is the Middle East and as long as oppression and a complete lack of general eduaction without the religious under and over tones thrown in, we will continue to encounter the Al-Quedas.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "As of 2008, al Qa'ida has remained a strong and competent organization. Its goal is intact: to establish a pan-Islamic caliphate in the Middle East by uniting Muslims to fight infidels and overthrow West-friendly regimes. "

    Wasn't our goal to make al Qa'ida less strong and less competent?
    It's goal remains intact therefore we are losing? How dare they continue to believe in their God and persist to meet him in a blast of glory. Al-Queda is positioned all over the world and most of their organization is next generation wannabes anymore. Once again, the fact that they continue to exist and have dreams of victory does not equate to us "losing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post

    "It continues to employ terrorism and has been involved in more terrorist attacks around the world in the years since September 11, 2001, than in prior years, though engaging in no successful attacks of a comparable magnitude to the attacks on New York and Washington."


    Wasn't our goal to decrease terrorism world wide rather than to increase it?
    Yeah...I just don't see the words "failure" or "losing" anywhere in the report.

    How many terrorist attacks has Al-Queda been responsible for since 9/11 and how many wannabes merely attributed their efforts to Al-Queda's rhetorics after the fact? A couple embassies, an Air Force barracks, a Naval ship, Black Hawk Down....5 or 6 attacks prior to 9/11. How many since? Are they counting the terrorist activity inside Iraq..a war zone? Maybe a couple more, of which they didn't even plan?

    "Our" goal is towards our own security and primarily focused on Al-Queda and their agents. The rest of the world will just benefit as they always do in the end. This was always a generational fight. No where should anybody get the idea that some fighting in the wastelands of Afghanistan was going to bring us utopia.

    This is regional and it will take decades to correct the terror path of the Middle East. Terrorism was always going to increase at the onset. The immediate reaction of the ignorant and the uneducated will be to join their fellow Muslim brothers against thr greatest enemy of God in history. Afer enough have been slaughtered (and we are nowhere near that point) there will be a decrease.

    You don't know how to interpret these reports. This is why you can read the above and create words like "failure" and "losing" so easily. Remember the "Iraqi Civil War" these type reports "safely" reported to the public in response to the media's drama? Where did that go? Did it just dissapear or was it ever as bad as the "reports" stated? Iraq is impossible. Seems just fine considering their culture to me. Again....the reports gave you "safe" information in case the worst occurred.

    Don't worry about it. After thousands more are killed all over the world, the U.S. will still be here. In the mean time, learn to read these reports.
    Last edited by MSgt; 01-30-10 at 12:31 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #94
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    [quote=MSgt;1058520064]
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't know how to interpret these reports...

    Thank you for your opinion!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #95
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,005

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post

    Thank you for your opinion!
    Another fact. As proven enough times with your eagerness to celebrate every doom and gloom story and governmental "safe" analysis in regards to Iraq.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #96
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Another fact. As proven enough times with your eagerness to celebrate every doom and gloom story and governmental "safe" analysis in regards to Iraq.
    I don't even know what you are trying to say there.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #97
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,005

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I don't even know what you are trying to say there.
    Well, you seem to have an awful lot of opinion on these matters, but you routinely fall back on some Internet piece of journalism or outdated report that merely offers a "safe" SITREP. From these things you use extreme words like "prop," or "losing," or "failure," etc. In the end your kind were dead wrong about every doom and gloom story in regards to Iraq and now have resorted to relying upon the last soldier to leave Iraq to make your dreams of failure (as if it would be an American failure) come true. It's almost like you have your fingers crossed. No doubt the first IED that goes off will be a signal flair to the pundits to declare it the end of the world.

    And now this morbid attitude is leaking over into Afghanistan as well. If you don't know what you are talking about then why would you set yourself up to trip all over your opinions?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #98
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    you routinely fall back on some Internet piece of journalism....
    Its called backing up your opinion with facts, you should try it sometime!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #99
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,005

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its called backing up your opinion with facts, you should try it sometime!
    Would these be the same "facts" as reported to you by "safe" reports and journailistic freedom to create drame? Yeah...your kind do this often. You rely on journalists and "safe" reports to Congress to paint your reality and even after proven wrong you boast your "facts."

    I've seen this since Somalia. The way your kind "know" exactly what is going on because of an article in a newspaper or a Blog on the Internet or a "safe" intel report which may as well be a dishonest regurgitation of unanalysed material. Let me give you a perfect latest example...

    The media paraded around the "fact" of an Iraqi Civil War and the public sweared up and down that they knew better than anybody that they had ultimate wisdom above anybody that actually mattered who were countering their journailistic claims. Eventually the military came out with a report that agreed that parts of the current violence could be described as a civil war. The public took this report and ran with it as proof or evidence (your word of choice) that they were right. However, when the "civil war" simply dissapeared, the public stopped talking about it and the media simply moved onto the next drama that would sell the public some papers. And what was left? The military dealing with exactly what they knew they were facing. Our only big problem these days is not our enemy. It is when you people profess to know "exactly" what is going on and assume the ability to know "exactly" what to do.

    You claiming that you are backing up your claims is a joke. You are not backing up your claims with anything of substance. You have even tried to interject your own "wisdom" with words like "losing" and "failure" which are not even in the report. You are wrong on many levels. And when the doom of Iraq eventually simply dissapears you will move onto your next "wisdom" as issued by the media.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #100
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What should be President Barak Obama's top priority?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Would these be the same "facts" as reported to you by "safe" reports and journailistic freedom to create drame? Yeah...your kind do this often. You rely on journalists and "safe" reports to Congress to paint your reality and even after proven wrong you boast your "facts."

    I've seen this since Somalia. The way your kind "know" exactly what is going on because of an article in a newspaper or a Blog on the Internet or a "safe" intel report which may as well be a dishonest regurgitation of unanalysed material. Let me give you a perfect latest example...

    The media paraded around the "fact" of an Iraqi Civil War and the public sweared up and down that they knew better than anybody that they had ultimate wisdom above anybody that actually mattered who were countering their journailistic claims. Eventually the military came out with a report that agreed that parts of the current violence could be described as a civil war. The public took this report and ran with it as proof or evidence (your word of choice) that they were right. However, when the "civil war" simply dissapeared, the public stopped talking about it and the media simply moved onto the next drama that would sell the public some papers. And what was left? The military dealing with exactly what they knew they were facing. Our only big problem these days is not our enemy. It is when you people profess to know "exactly" what is going on and assume the ability to know "exactly" what to do.

    You claiming that you are backing up your claims is a joke. You are not backing up your claims with anything of substance. You have even tried to interject your own "wisdom" with words like "losing" and "failure" which are not even in the report. You are wrong on many levels. And when the doom of Iraq eventually simply dissapears you will move onto your next "wisdom" as issued by the media.
    Thanks for your opinion!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •