View Poll Results: Is "Islamic Terrorism" Dependent on or Independent of U.S. Foreign Policy?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dependent. Such terrorism would likely not exist if U.S. foreign policy were different.

    25 49.02%
  • Independent. Islamic terrorism would exist at current levels regardless.

    26 50.98%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107

Thread: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

  1. #21
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    How dare you interfere with my cross-examination.
    Laila wasn't going to answer it accurately anyway, you know it.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #22
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    I asked you three questions. You answered the third question. Thank you for the reply. With all due respect I ask that you answer the first two questions I posed for you. Thank you for your courtesy and cooperation.
    It depends entirely on your scholar or Imam. I view Islam as a religion not a political ideology. If I was politically influenced by Islam, I would be a Conservative and a hardcore one at that.

    Dar al Islam is used by Non Muslims as something negative who have no knowledge of the Qu'ran and I would bet have not even read it.

    It is not even described in detail in our most fundemental writings. The Qu'ran or Hadiths.
    It was made up and defined by some Muslim scholars.

    But lets talk about dar al Islam according to the scholars views.
    It is described by Imam Hanifas as a place where Muslims are safe. If it is not safe for Muslims it is called 'Dar al Harb' and for it to be called Dar al Islam. Muslims must be able to practice their religion freely in a Non Muslim country. The West being a perfect example. It has freedom of religion and therefore it is labelled as friendly to Muslims and Jihad is NOT permitted or sanctioned.

    However if Muslims were oppressed by the West and prevented from practicing their faith. It would be called Dar al harb and yes, Jihad is 100% permittable under Islam and rightly so.

    Answered?
    Last edited by Laila; 10-29-09 at 06:09 PM.


  3. #23
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Laila wasn't going to answer it accurately anyway, you know it.
    My answers are always correct thank you very much lol


  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Oh yeah?
    You'll have no problem citing many examples of it then.
    Barbary Pirates predated the Declaration of Independence.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Islamic terrorism is just the current for of Islamic Supremacist Imperialism so why shouldn't we bring up previous wars of aggression initiated by Islamic Imperialists?
    Because doing so would invalidate their thesis that the United States is the Source of All Evil.

    They don't it when people use facts against them.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Come on Laila, this is your chance to prove Apocalypse wrong. Come out and debate if you believe that your views can withstand adversarial scrutiny. However, if you lack the courage of your convictions, or feel unable to articulate your views then by all means remain silent.
    .... Is that supposed to be funny? Try again sweetheart.

    I have defended my view and beliefs for almost 2 years. Don't worry, you won't cause me to commit suicide by asking some misguided and incorrect questions.

    Wow. I wish I could ensure all those who try to attack Islam actually read the Qu'ran and hadiths. If someone has not read the Qu'ran and then proceed to attack it. They automatically are labelled as not worthy of such time. But i'll give you the benefit of doubt this time.
    Last edited by Laila; 10-29-09 at 06:19 PM.


  7. #27
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Barbary Pirates predated the Declaration of Independence.
    What do common criminals have to do with Islamic terrorism? Is Jeffrey Dahmer an example of Christian terrorism?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    It depends entirely on your scholar or Imam. I view Islam as a religion not a political ideology. If I was politically influenced by Islam, I would be a Conservative and a hardcore one at that.

    Dar al Islam is used by Non Muslims as something negative who have no knowledge of the Qu'ran and I would bet have not even read it.

    It is not even described in detail in our most fundemental writings. The Qu'ran or Hadiths.
    It was made up and defined by some Muslim scholars.


    But lets talk about dar al Islam according to the scholars views.
    It is described by Imam Hanifas as a place where Muslims are safe. If it is not safe for Muslims it is called 'Dar al Harb' and for it to be called Dar al Islam. Muslims must be able to practice their religion freely in a Non Muslim country. The West being a perfect example. It has freedom of religion and therefore it is labelled as friendly to Muslims and Jihad is NOT permitted or sanctioned.

    However if Muslims were oppressed by the West and prevented from practicing their faith. It would be called Dar al harb and yes, Jihad is 100% permittable under Islam and rightly so.

    Answered?
    Dar es Salaam (Dar al Islam) is the capital of Tanzania. The term is Arabic in origin and was not made up by infidels.

    Please refer to the highlighted portion of your post appearing above. You say the Quran was made up by some Muslim scholars. I am aghast that you would make such a profound error. I say this because it is well established that all true believers accept the fact that the Quran is the literal word of Allah given to the Prophet Mohammed, Peace Be Upon Him.

    http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

    You my dear are a very clever apostate. Apostates can not be faithful Muslims. Let me give you an analogy. Your denial that the Quran is the literal word handed down by Allah is equivalent to a Roman Catholic denying that the Eucharist is the Body of Christ. Such a denial would preclude the Church from recognizing the denier as a member of the Catholic Community.

    If you are an apostate then you have no standing to lecture us about Islam.

    Btw, I made it my business to read the Holy Quran eight years ago.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Barbary Pirates predated the Declaration of Independence.
    Crusades predates that.

    There's a long long history of conflict between Muslim nations and other (especially Christian nations). A lot of it peaked when there were both very strong Islamic and Christian theocracies. It's really hard then to disentangle everything. But just because there were these conflicts in the past doesn't mean that these conflicts could have been lessened if the West had not pursued such aggressive interventionist policies in the ME.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Islamic Terrorism" - Dependent or Independent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Oh yeah?
    You'll have no problem citing many examples of it then.

    And please do not cite wars against countries and/or the crusades.One good reason..give one good resason.
    With one or both arms tied behind the back, this is so easy.
    Study the history books.
    Read the newspapers.
    Study the Koran.
    The Koran does not discourage extremism.. I have tried to read it...Its so filled with hatred and intolerance of anyone non-Islamic, primarily the Jewish people....that I gave up.....And much the same applies to the Bible. This leads to terroristic acts against us and anyone who supports the Israelis....
    If we were to withdraw into our shell, maybe the Islamics would not bother us...In real life, it does not work like this....
    We must allow the Islamics to drown in their hatred.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •