View Poll Results: What is your politics?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • social conservative, economic conservative, aggressive foreign policy

    2 5.56%
  • social conservative, economic conservative, internationalist foreign policy

    3 8.33%
  • social liberal, economic conservative, aggressive foreign policy

    8 22.22%
  • social liberal, economic conservative, internationalist foreign policy

    7 19.44%
  • social conservative, economic liberal, aggressive foreign policy

    3 8.33%
  • social conservative, economic liberal, internationalist foreign policy

    1 2.78%
  • social liberal, economic liberal, aggressive foreign policy

    2 5.56%
  • social liberal, economic liberal, internationalist foreign policy

    10 27.78%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: What is your politics?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    What is your politics?

    I am interested in breaking down the binary liberal-conservative split into more meaningful categories.
    Last edited by reefedjib; 10-28-09 at 08:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is your politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poll Options
    social conservative, economic liberal, aggressive foreign policy
    Kind of a mixed bag in all three, really. But those are the directions I lean.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is your politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Kind of a mixed bag in all three, really. But those are the directions I lean.
    Hey, yeah, I saw that vote and found it very curious. I am glad you posted about it. I can dig the socially conservative position, although we disagree on that one, and the aggressive foreign policy position, which we share. However, in what ways are you economically liberal? How do you define that?

  4. #4
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: What is your politics?

    Socially liberal here, economically liberal as well, but as far as foreign policy is concerned, I would lean a tiny bit towards aggressive, if the term "internationalist" means kowtowing to the opinions of the Eurabian axis.


    How anybody could actually consider themself a liberal while acting as apologist for the least liberal people on earth is beyond me, and while I am not a neocon by any means, I can understand the frustration of those liberals at the time who DID become the original neocons when it comes to the far left's hypocrisy.

    The morons who call themselves liberal while acting as apologists for Islamism are not liberals at all, but just dogmatic idiots.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is your politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    How anybody could actually consider themself a liberal while acting as apologist for the least liberal people on earth is beyond me, and while I am not a neocon by any means, I can understand the frustration of those liberals at the time who DID become the original neocons when it comes to the far left's hypocrisy.

    The morons who call themselves liberal while acting as apologists for Islamism are not liberals at all, but just dogmatic idiots.
    I totally agree! I claim that I am a liberal neocon for that exact reason and my hard aggressive foreign policy position.

    It you aren't a dogmatic idiot, then you don't belong to their group. They self select for it.

    Did you vote?

  6. #6
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: What is your politics?

    What really defines all these things? Not sure where I fit. I'm probably in the fiscal conservative group. Non-aggressive interventionist on the international policy side. Socially I think I'm more a mix than adhering to any particular one side.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is your politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What really defines all these things? Not sure where I fit. I'm probably in the fiscal conservative group. Non-aggressive interventionist on the international policy side. Socially I think I'm more a mix than adhering to any particular one side.
    That looks like a good pic to me. I mean really, if you aren't completely conservative socially, then you are liberal. But both right and left are fairly dogmatic about it. I hate that that is the defining political aspect (social aspect) for many people. Mine is foreign policy - I figure the rest works itself out between the two parties over time.

  8. #8
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What is your politics?

    I am "social conservative, economic conservative," but there is not an option for a non-interventionalist foreign policy.

    My arguments against Internationalism:
    1. I am a citizen of a country (US), not the world.
    2. I do not believe in applying leadership throughout the world, I think we have enough problems on our own turf and need to look within.
    3. I think the world would be much better off without the UN.
    4. I am not interested in a single world government.
    5. Internationalism is as bad as an aggressive foreign policy as I see the same results from both of them.
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is your politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    I am "social conservative, economic conservative," but there is not an option for a non-interventionalist foreign policy.

    My arguments against Internationalism:
    1. I am a citizen of a country (US), not the world.
    2. I do not believe in applying leadership throughout the world, I think we have enough problems on our own turf and need to look within.
    3. I think the world would be much better off without the UN.
    4. I am not interested in a single world government.
    5. Internationalism is as bad as an aggressive foreign policy as I see the same results from both of them.
    I thought about having an isolationist foreign policy, but that would have been too many options.

    As an agressive foreign policy guy, I agree with your #1, #3, and #4. #2 is isolationist.

    Regarding #5, what are the similarities you see between internationalism and an aggressive foreign policy?

  10. #10
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: What is your politics?

    You left out social liberal, economic conservative, "stay-out-of-other-countries'-business" foreign policy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •