View Poll Results: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there should be nothing wrong with stating the truth

    50 66.67%
  • There must compromise language that won't offend

    8 10.67%
  • No way, it would offend Muslims

    5 6.67%
  • other, please explain

    12 16.00%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 143

Thread: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

  1. #91
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The name says it all. It doesn't need to be said directly. When you hear the word "Vietnam" what is the first thing that pops into your mind? The war more than likely. What happened in that war? People died. Our soldiers were killed by Vietnamese. Considering that memorial was made because of the war it should be obvious how the comparison fits and is true.

    You seriously don't get the point? After all that I have said? Explaining to you how the very name states what happened? Think about what I have said instead of just reacting to what I said. You will understand why I am asking that question.
    So you're saying that the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, even though it does not explicitly say that the Vietnamese killed our soldiers, you were still able to infer that the Vietnamese soldiers were the ones who killed our soldiers?

    Then why do we have to specifically use the phrase "Murdered by Muslim Terrorists" if we can already infer that from the memorial itself like you do the Vietnamese Veteran Memorial?

    You haven't really thought this through, have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    So you're saying that the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, even though it does not explicitly say that the Vietnamese killed our soldiers, you were still able to infer that the Vietnamese soldiers were the ones who killed our soldiers?

    Then why do we have to specifically use the phrase "Murdered by Muslim Terrorists" if we can already infer that from the memorial itself like you do the Vietnamese Veteran Memorial?

    You haven't really thought this through, have you?
    Why not use the phrase? They both state the truth.

    Wait! Let me guess. Because it's "crass"? Because it's "inflammatory? Because it's "just not politically correct"? Because it's "fifty million other not good things"?

    Got three words for ya.

    Grow.

    Thicker.

    Skin.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #93
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Why not use the phrase? They both state the truth.

    Wait! Let me guess. Because it's "crass"? Because it's "inflammatory? Because it's "just not politically correct"? Because it's "fifty million other not good things"?

    Got three words for ya.

    Grow.

    Thicker.

    Skin.
    So if given the choice you would rather choose to be inflammatory than not to be inflammatory?

    Seriously...You ought to think things through before you let your mouth run.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    So if given the choice you would rather choose to be inflammatory than not to be inflammatory?

    Seriously...You ought to think things through before you let your mouth run.
    No given the chance I would rather be telling the truth instead of hiding it. And I do have a choice. As is evidenced by the fact that I support the father in what he wants quite openly.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #95
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No given the chance I would rather be telling the truth instead of hiding it. And I do have a choice. As is evidenced by the fact that I support the father in what he wants quite openly.
    How is it hiding the truth? You were able to infer the truth from the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. The memorial didn't say "Murdered by the Viet Cong", is that hiding the truth.

    If the plaque had read "Victim of 9/11" would that be hiding the truth?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  6. #96
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    How is it hiding the truth? You were able to infer the truth from the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. The memorial didn't say "Murdered by the Viet Cong", is that hiding the truth.

    If the plaque had read "Victim of 9/11" would that be hiding the truth?
    No it wouldn't. But I never argued against saying that did I? I'm arguing for the father's words because that is what he wants and there should be nothing wrong with it being said. But apparently you think that there is something wrong with it. And so does that city council. I'm saying that there is nothing wrong with it. Because it is the truth. Since when is stating the truth wrong?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #97
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No it wouldn't. But I never argued against saying that did I? I'm arguing for the father's words because that is what he wants and there should be nothing wrong with it being said. But apparently you think that there is something wrong with it. And so does that city council. I'm saying that there is nothing wrong with it. Because it is the truth. Since when is stating the truth wrong?
    How does "Murdered by Muslim Terrorists" honor the death of his son? That just blames Muslim Terrorists. It serves no purpose in honoring the dead.

    Again, you need to learn the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  8. #98
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I don't see why the religion/race/ethnicity of the terrorists needs to be specified. They're terrorists, period. What next? "Murdered by Christian terrorists" on some abortion doctor's memorial? Or "Murdered by an American terrorist" for vitims of the Oklahoma City bombing?

    What is the point?
    agreed. murdered people are always murdered by someone.....

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    How does "Murdered by Muslim Terrorists" honor the death of his son? That just blames Muslim Terrorists. It serves no purpose in honoring the dead.

    Again, you need to learn the difference.
    It lets people know the truth. How is that wrong?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #100
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Should inscription 'Murdered by Muslim Terrorists' be allowed on Memorial Plaque?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    It lets people know the truth. How is that wrong?
    Do you think that's the purpose of the memorial? To know the "truth"?

    Please stop for a second and try to realize that the memorial is for the son who died on 9/11. It is not about placing blame, it's about honoring the dead.

    Have you learned the difference yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •