View Poll Results: Do You Believe The War On Drugs Was Part of Racism?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 30.77%
  • No

    17 65.38%
  • Other

    1 3.85%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'm not sure about Nixon's War On Drugs but the initial prohibition efforts in America were based largely upon racism, marijuana especially.
    Clearly, your study is satire.

    Author:

    Charles H. Whitebread, II**

    I rest my case.

  2. #22
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    That's your opinion & you are wrong. The base motivation for all attempts to legislate morality is religion.
    OK

    More blanket statements.

    And even though tons of evidence saying otherwise exist in the thread, you say I am wrong and religion is the base motivation for all attempts at moral legislation.

    I know many non-religious people at this site that would laugh at that.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-21-09 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #23
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Clearly, your study is satire.

    Author:

    Charles H. Whitebread, II**

    I rest my case.
    Defense presents its case:

    Charles H. Whitebread dies at 65; USC law professor was well-respected and well-liked
    A nationally respected expert on criminal law, the Supreme Court and juvenile law
    Charles H. Whitebread dies at 65; USC law professor was well-respected and well-liked - Los Angeles Times

    After briefly working at Wilmer Cutler & Pickering, he became a professor at the University of Virginia School of Law, where he taught for 13 years, and then moved to the University of Southern California Law School.
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitebread]Charles Whitebread - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Last edited by marduc; 10-21-09 at 10:22 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #24
    Student jr602az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix,Az USA
    Last Seen
    12-29-10 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    162

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again had nothing to do with the KKK.
    OMG.... Again

  5. #25
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Umm... it was a joke based on his name "whitebread."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #26
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Umm... it was a joke based on his name "whitebread."
    I already suspected that it was, but it still warranted a defense, it was an easy case to present
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    So, I hear he was pretty white bread. Do you think he was a member of the KKK with an axe to grind against black folks?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK

    More blanket statements.

    And even though tons of evidence saying otherwise exist in the thread, you say I am wrong and religion is the base motivation for all attempts at moral legislation.

    I know many non-religious people at this site that would laugh at that.
    You stated your opinion....I disagree....Kinda the point of debates, eh?

    This is opinion....not fact:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Religion had nothing to do with drug criminalization, nothing at all.
    Last edited by Devil505; 10-21-09 at 11:20 AM.

  9. #29
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    You stated your opinion....I disagree....Kinda the point of debates, eh?

    This is opinion....not fact:
    As I stated before the evidence posted in this thread alone says it is a fact. Religion had nothing to do with the beginnings of the drug war.

    You can ignore the evidence if you like, but denial based on nothing, is still nothing.

    The point of debate is to back up your opinion with facts. You are not doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: KKK Started The War On Drugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    As I stated before the evidence posted in this thread alone says it is a fact. Religion had nothing to do with the beginnings of the drug war.

    You can ignore the evidence if you like, but denial based on nothing, is still nothing.

    The point of debate is to back up your opinion with facts. You are not doing this.
    Yes I am.....Your are claiming an opinion is a fact....It isn't...no matter how many may share that opinion.(years ago the popular opinion was that the world was flat)
    What motivated the legislators to write anti-drug laws is a complex socio-economic-religious mix that you can deny exists...but that doesn't make your opinion fact.
    Last edited by Devil505; 10-21-09 at 11:41 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •