View Poll Results: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    41 47.67%
  • No

    40 46.51%
  • Other/Don't know

    5 5.81%
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 310

Thread: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

  1. #251
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,771

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    Let's just get to the point here. Homosexuality, especially amongst men, is repulsive. The majority of the population does not want to accept it as normal, legitimate behavior. The government is supposed to be an engine of the peoples' will. If it operates as designed, then gay marriage will not be passed for quite some time. Prop 8 could not even be defeated in the most liberal state in the union.

    Stop trying to act as if the majority of the population should be forced to accept this agenda. That is the most unconstitutional thing imaginable.
    Let's see...first you use the logical fallacy, argumentum ad populum (it is irrelevant as to what the majority want to accept in defining what is normal, legitimate behavior). Then along with this, you make value judgments to attempt to prove your position. Your values are valueless in debate.

    So tell us. Do you actually have a valid argument or do you just plan on spewing irrelevancies?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-20-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    511

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    If you aren't gay, how would allowing gay people to marry effect you? "Redefining a millenias-old institution" is just a catchy sounding phrase with no substantive impact. Just because you think something is gross personally isn't a reason to make it illegal. To justify your stance you would need to provide a tangible negative impact that is larger than the tangible positive impact that allowing tens of millions people the legal protections offered by marriage.
    It's about the precedent it sets. A man ****ing a dog doesn't effect me either, but I don't I don't believe it should be granted legitimacy under law.

  3. #253
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    It's about the precedent it sets. A man ****ing a dog doesn't effect me either, but I don't I don't believe it should be granted legitimacy under law.
    Slippery slope arguments are pretty much always weak. No one is suggesting bestiality be made legal, only gay marriage. Since gay marriage and bestiality are entirely unrelated, there is no reason to link them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #254
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,771

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    It's about the precedent it sets. A man ****ing a dog doesn't effect me either, but I don't I don't believe it should be granted legitimacy under law.
    Non-sensical argument. Demonstrate how a dog can give consent.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #255
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    (it is irrelevant as to what the majority want to accept in defining what is normal, legitimate behavior).
    Doesn't the majority define what is a normal behavior, vs. "outsiders" who reject the norms?

    That being said, the argument that consenting adults can do whatever they want with their genitals should be enough to grant the right of marriage to gay people. They should even have the right to adopt childs.

  6. #256
    User Enoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    11-21-16 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    27

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    Let's just get to the point here. Homosexuality, especially amongst men, is repulsive. The majority of the population does not want to accept it as normal, legitimate behavior. The government is supposed to be an engine of the peoples' will. If it operates as designed, then gay marriage will not be passed for quite some time. Prop 8 could not even be defeated in the most liberal state in the union.

    Stop trying to act as if the majority of the population should be forced to accept this agenda. That is the most unconstitutional thing imaginable.
    You think homosexuality is repulsive? Gee, and why should we care?

    Please supply reputable numbers to back up your claim that "the majority of the population does not want to accept it as normal, legitimate behavior." If you can't do that, then feel free to move on to another thread.

    “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” ~George Bernard Shaw

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-20-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    511

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    You think homosexuality is repulsive? Gee, and why should we care?

    Please supply reputable numbers to back up your claim that "the majority of the population does not want to accept it as normal, legitimate behavior." If you can't do that, then feel free to move on to another thread.
    Haha, are you serious? You couldn't even defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the union. Give me a break.

  8. #258
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    Haha, are you serious? You couldn't even defeat Prop 8 in the most liberal state in the union. Give me a break.

    is that your stock argument? this forum will eat you alive.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-20-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    511

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    is that your stock argument? this forum will eat you alive.
    No, but if we're talking about what the majority of the nation supports, I would say that's a damn good litmus test. I mean, we're not exactly talking about the bible belt here.

  10. #260
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libs_Luv_Weakness View Post
    No, but if we're talking about what the majority of the nation supports, I would say that's a damn good litmus test. I mean, we're not exactly talking about the bible belt here.
    what if the majority supported gay marriage and gay sex? Would it be less repulsive to you?

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •