View Poll Results: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    41 47.67%
  • No

    40 46.51%
  • Other/Don't know

    5 5.81%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 310

Thread: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    There is a right to marriage however.
    There was a right to vote, too.

    That didn't mean it applied to women.

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There was a right to vote, too.

    That didn't mean it applied to women.
    And your point is?

    never mind I know about your misogyny.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And your point is?
    Resting your argument on "because SCOTUS says so" can backfire, because SCOTUS doesn't always support what you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    never mind I know about your misogyny.
    Where you and Felicity were both habitual troublemakers, at least she could form a rational argument now and then.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    [quote=Jerry;1058315996]Resting your argument on "because SCOTUS says so" can backfire, because SCOTUS doesn't always support what you like.
    [/QOUTE]

    If you and your army want to take up marriage being a right with SCOTUS go for it.


    Where you and Felicity were both habitual troublemakers, at least she could form a rational argument now and then.
    I actually have respect for her.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If you and your army want to take up marriage being a right with SCOTUS go for it.
    Been there, don that, got the teeshirt.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Loving vs. Virginia did determine marriage was a right of man
    Obviously not because it isn't held in practice that way. If SCOTUS truly ruled that way, there is no debate because the States could not deny same sex couples the marriage license. So you can claim SCOTUS says whatever, but reality is saying something different.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Been there, don that, got the teeshirt.
    So how did it work out?

  8. #198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Obviously not because it isn't held in practice that way. If SCOTUS truly ruled that way, there is no debate because the States could not deny same sex couples the marriage license. So you can claim SCOTUS says whatever, but reality is saying something different.
    Well gays are getting married in all 50 states and some of them recognize them.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So how did it work out?
    We won.

    Loving v. Virginia

    Meyer v. State of Nebraska

    Skinner v. Oklahoma ex rel. Williamson

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right in the U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We won.

    Loving v. Virginia

    [/url]
    Wow you won in 1923 great. And the likelyhood of that happening today is what?

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •