View Poll Results: What should happen to this streaker?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Streaking is a tradition that should be tolerated

    15 26.79%
  • He should get suspended for a time, no more

    33 58.93%
  • He should be expelled from school

    5 8.93%
  • In addition to the school's punishment he should be criminally charged

    3 5.36%
  • School should punish him, he should be charged.If convicted he should be put on sex offender list

    0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is because outside of murder, torture and kidnapping sexual offenses are considered especially heinous.
    What about murder? And what would you rather know about, that your neighbor has a former breaking and entering conviction or that your neighbor streaked at a high school football game?

  2. #22
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    What about murder? And what would you rather know about, that your neighbor has a former breaking and entering conviction or that your neighbor streaked at a high school football game?
    I was just telling you why. Please don't assume my position on things by the answering of your question.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-17-09 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I was just telling you why. Please don't assume my position on things by the answering of your question.
    I didn't really assume that about you since I've noticed you are a rational, commonsense poster.

  4. #24
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I didn't really assume that about you since I've noticed you are a rational, commonsense poster.
    I have no opinion on the subject really. I was just answering your question. When you asked me things based on what looked like an assumption on my position. I figured I should explain.

    Sorry about any confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have no opinion on the subject really. I was just answering your question. When you asked me things based on what looked like an assumption on my position. I figured I should explain.

    Sorry about any confusion.
    I guess I was speaking hypothetically. I should have made that more clear.

  6. #26
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    I consider any criminal registry as "cruel and unusual punishment" and should be illegal. Sex crimes are the only crimes in the US that have a guaranteed life long sentence regardless of the crime. They also limit you on where you can live among other things.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by hiswoman View Post
    The human body is beautiful in its natural state
    Hmmmmm . . . I would hazard a guess that you've never been a medical worker, or you'd know that most human bodies are not particularly beautiful, and a large minority of them, are actually grotesque.

    As for your disconnect of nudity and sex, I would hazard a guess that you've never been a male. I would list the things that we relate to sex, but in the interest of brevity I will list below the things that do not have a sexual component for us.

    1.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 10-17-09 at 05:40 PM.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Hmmmmm . . . I would hazard a guess that you've never been a medical worker, or you'd know that most human bodies are not particularly beautiful, and a large minority of them, are actually grotesque.

    As for your disconnect of nudity and sex, I would hazard a guess that you've never been a male. I would list the things that we relate to sex, but in the interest of brevity I will list below the things that do not have a sexual component for us.

    In situations where nudity is the norm, men (and women) quickly become habituated to it and no longer associate it with sex.
    What you are describing is purely the result of social conditioning.
    One hundred years ago, men would've gone haywire if they'd seen a woman wearing a skirt that showed her knee. They probably wouldn't've been able to contain themselves.
    Men in other cultures claim they can't be responsible for themselves if women show their faces publicly: too erotic.

    Men would get used to it. I have the utmost faith in them.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Should this high school 17 year old, who flouted the threats and admonitions of the school administration, be put on a sex offender list for exposing himself to minors? Being on a sex offender list can seriously disrupt ones career and other aspirations, as you all know.

    St. Francis High School Strikes Down On Streakers - wcco.com
    I'm all for punishing stupidity, but putting him on 'the list' seems excessive.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Should this High School Streaker be put on a sex offender list?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Hmmmmm . . . I would hazard a guess that you've never been a medical worker, or you'd know that most human bodies are not particularly beautiful, and a large minority of them, are actually grotesque.

    As for your disconnect of nudity and sex, I would hazard a guess that you've never been a male. I would list the things that we relate to sex, but in the interest of brevity I will list below the things that do not have a sexual component for us.

    1.
    Ain't that the truth!

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs&feature=related"]YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers[/ame]
    Last edited by MyOwnDrum; 10-17-09 at 06:19 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •