With Olympia Snow voting for the senate finance committee health care bill, it is increasingly likely that some form of a public option will get passed this year. If a public option does pass, what form would you like it to take? In other words, if you have to pick from one type of public health care option, which would you most prefer?
1) A full, robust public health care option, with the government allowing any one who chooses to get their insurance through the government.
2) A Co-Op plan, where the federal government subsidies state nonprofit insurance companies that are available on an insurance exchange.
3) A triggered option, where a new government corporation would offer health insurance in any states where affordable coverage was not readily and widely available from private insurers.
4) AN Opt Out program, where the federal government would offer insurance that individual states could opt out of.
5) Another public health care plan.
Since this poll assumes some form of public health option passes, there are no options for no public option.
Poll options are up