Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

  1. #31
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    One - President Obama's intelligence is only your opinion, which in my mind, is worthless.
    Two - a very serious accusation, if this is true.
    Can you prove it?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but is this the same Romney associated with American Motors?
    yeah I can prove it.

    Obama has not released his record at columbia but he didn't even make honors (Cum Laude) which at the time was a GPA between 3.2 and 3.4. He thus had under a 3.2. I applied to all the major law schools and as a Yale Undergraduate, I knew that white males who did not have at least a 3.7 had less than a ten percent chance at admission into harvard law and that was with the sort of board scores I had (which was 782 on the the then 800 scale). A white male with under a 3.2 at Columbia getting into Harvard law was unheard of -that would not get you into the schools ranked right below Harvard either (Duke, Penn, Cornell, NYU, UVA, Columbia).

    SO its almost certain that Obama's race got him into Harvard.

    Romney went to stanford where he was top of his class. He took a leave of absence for mission work and then married and moved to Utah where he enrolled in BYU and graduated FIRST in his class. His academic record was consistent with those I knew at top law schools.



  2. #32
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah I can prove it.

    Obama has not released his record at columbia but he didn't even make honors (Cum Laude) which at the time was a GPA between 3.2 and 3.4.
    That is false.

    Obama's Years at Columbia Are a Mystery - September 2, 2008 - The New York Sun

    Mr. Miller acknowledged that Mr. Obama displayed academic achievement at Harvard, where he graduated magna cum laude and led the Harvard Law Review. Still, Mr. Miller said, he would like to see information about how Mr. Obama performed in various subjects at Columbia.

    That view is not shared by other election observers, including some who have themselves indulged the public's interest in candidates' academic records. One of them is Geoffrey Kabaservice, a political historian who in 2000 published Senator Bradley's relatively low score of 485 on the verbal SAT. Mr. Bradley, a Rhodes Scholar who was a star basketball player at Princeton, was running for the Democratic presidential nomination.
    Barack Obama | World news | guardian.co.uk

    [U]At the age of 27, Obama was accepted to Harvard University's law school, where he graduated magna cum laude - with great honours - and was elected president of the Harvard Law Review, responsible for editing US jurisprudence's most prestigious publication. [/U]He was the first African-American to hold the post, and the resulting publicity brought with it a book deal, which resulted in the publication of Dreams From My Father. The book is remarkable for its candour and insight - revealing not only Obama's complex family tree but also his use of marijuana and cocaine as a student.

    Graduating from Harvard, Obama returned to teach at the University of Chicago and work for a law firm specialising in civil rights. He met and married a fellow lawyer, Michelle Robinson, and they have two daughters together - Malia and Natasha. By 1996 he had been elected to the Illinois state senate, and was ready for greater things. In 2000 he made a misguided bid to win the nomination for a safe congressional seat but was decisively defeated by veteran incumbent Bobby Rush. "It was a race in which everything that could go wrong did go wrong," he recounted in his second book, The Audacity of Hope, published last year.
    Please stop? The very basic facts of your argument are completely wrong. I mean obviously Obama, who graduate Magna Cum Laude in Harvard, would not have been able to achieve the same thing at a lower level.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 09-24-10 at 10:16 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #33
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    That is false.

    [url=http://www.nysun.com/new-york/obamas-years-at-columbia-are-a-mystery/85015/]Obama's Years at Columbia Are a Mystery - September 2, 2008 - The New York Sun[/ur

    Barack Obama | World news | guardian.co.uk



    Please stop? The very basic facts of your argument are completely wrong.
    you are wrong, what he did at Harvard bears no RELEVANCE as to how he got in. My frosh roommate was #1 in his class at the best prep school in the USA, had PERFECT board scores earned at age 13, and won a national (MAA) math test with the then highest score in history. He had an IQ reputed to be higher than Michael Rhode who is a grandmaster in chess. He flunked out of Yale due to drug issues Was Yale wrong in admitting him? of course not but Obama did not make honors at columbia. Being black was his main reason for acceptance

    Obama's Lost Years - WSJ.com

    He got a degree in political science without honors



  4. #34
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Oh btw Hatuey, remind me about your applications to top 5 law schools. The year I applied to the big name l law schools I would note that the top scoring black accepted at yale Law school was two deviations in GPA and LSAT below a group of white applicants that had a 15% acceptance rate



  5. #35
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are wrong, what he did at Harvard bears no RELEVANCE as to how he got in.
    Only it does. A person doesn't simply get better in their academic career if they have been helped through the early years of said academic career and you know this.

    My frosh roommate was #1 in his class at the best prep school in the USA, had PERFECT board scores earned at age 13, and won a national (MAA) math test with the then highest score in history. He had an IQ reputed to be higher than Michael Rhode who is a grandmaster in chess. He flunked out of Yale due to drug issues Was Yale wrong in admitting him? of course not but Obama did not make honors at columbia. Being black was his main reason for acceptance
    Only that is not what we're talking about. We're talking about a person who you claim couldn't possibly have graduated Magna Cum Laude at a lower level of education and managed to do just that at a much higher level. Do you understand the difference? Your junkie friend had the grades to go into a good school and flunked out AFTER. As opposed to Obama who graduated with distinction AFTER. See the difference yet?

    Obama's Lost Years - WSJ.com

    He got a degree in political science without honors
    This same old WSJ article. Do you have ANY evidence that he didn't actually have the grades to get into Harvard? Other then supposition? Because that will end the argument really fast.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Only it does. A person doesn't simply get better in their academic career if they have been helped through the early years of said academic career and you know this.



    Only that is not what we're talking about. We're talking about a person who you claim couldn't possibly have graduated Magna Cum Laude at a lower level of education and managed to do just that at a much higher level. Do you understand the difference? Your junkie friend had the grades to go into a good school and flunked out AFTER. As opposed to Obama who graduated with distinction AFTER. See the difference yet?



    This same old WSJ article. Do you have ANY evidence that he didn't actually have the grades to get into Harvard? Other then supposition? Because that will end the argument really fast.
    THE LSAT and undergraduate GPA are still the best predictors of how one will do in law school. SInce you obviously have no personal experience with applying to or getting into top law schools you are spewing BS based on your desire to defend Obama and ignore the fact that most blacks who are accepted into top law schools would not be accepted if they were white or Asian and had the same score.

    http://lawreview.uchicago.edu/issues...hstein75-2.pdf

    Nearly two-thirds
    of black law students—including nearly all of the less qualified students
    who would bear the brunt of any mismatch effects—would not
    have attended law school at all without affirmative action. Preferences
    are even more important at the most selective law schools, where black
    enrollment would decline by 90 percent under race-blind admission

    oops



  7. #37
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yeah, the only baggage he has is that 99% of the country thinks he's somebody's crazy uncle.
    99% of the people you know ≠ 99% of the country.

  8. #38
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Oh btw Hatuey, remind me about your applications to top 5 law schools. The year I applied to the big name l law schools I would note that t his he top scoring black accepted at yale Law school was two deviations in GPA and LSAT below a group of white applicants that had a 15% acceptance rate
    You know as well as I do his melanin would get him in, but his brain wouldn't keep him there. We both saw it happen.

  9. #39
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    99% of the people you know ≠ 99% of the country.
    I don't know how old you are but in 1972 a bimbette was heard to exclaim

    HOW DID NIXON WIN-EVERYONE I KNOW voted for McGovern!!!



  10. #40
    Educator Helvidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Good ol' US of A
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    735

    Re: Who would do best against Obama in a debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Pardon my Naiveté

    When someone says Obama is 'stupid' as in unintelligent... I go:

    "....are they a psychotic fundamentalist?"

    As if we weren't talking about the same person. I dont know of anything that has ever qualified Obama as being dumb. Does anyone have examples?

    Good ones?
    I'm not saying he is dumb, but there was a rather funny incident on St. Patrick's day when he and the Prime Minister of Ireland accidentally read each other's speech and Obama ended up thanking himself.
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •