Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 130

Thread: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

  1. #21
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    Since every GOP candidate would essentially have the same platform (except Ron Paul, of course, who would get my vote), there is no sense in arguing it. I don't like Newt personally and I imagine many other Americans don't either, despite his home on Fox News. He is tarnished goods, politically and I'll be shocked if he runs.
    Well, enlighten us all on his platform, then.

    If I debated him, I'd simply ask, "Why did you cheat on all three of your wives if you believe so fervently in family values"?
    Completely irrelevant to whether or not he would make a good President and leader of this country.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Well, enlighten us all on his platform, then.
    http://platform.gop.com/2008Platform.pdf


    Completely irrelevant to whether or not he would make a good President and leader of this country.
    No, it isn't. Maybe Libertarians believe that personal behavior doesn't matter, but most people do care. If Newt's willing to put his dick in women other than his wife, then what else is he willing to do? What other moral issues is he willing to compromise on? He broke his vows to his wife and God not once, but three times. Would he break vows to the American people? Looks like he would.

    If you live in an amoral world, then good for you. Most folks don't and believe one's behavior says a lot about them, not only personally, but professionally.

  3. #23
    Student submarinepainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-09-10 @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    186

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I lean towards Pawlenty, although I think Newt is better qualified. However, with Newt's personal baggage, he would be torn to shreds during the campaign.

    Huckabee - I liked him until he said he would change the Constitution for Jesus. That was it. I will never vote for him after that.

    Palin - A complete idiot. No.Way.Ever.

    My vote will once again be for Ron Paul.
    mine too.




    I think all either party offers are big government libs / neocons , i am tired of the same old ****.

  4. #24
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    So candidates always agree with exactly what their party stands for? There's never any deviation?

    No, it isn't. Maybe Libertarians believe that personal behavior doesn't matter, but most people do care.
    Cheating on your wife does not mean you will be a poor leader. Unless you can somehow show a correlation...

    If Newt's willing to put his dick in women other than his wife, then what else is he willing to do?
    I do not know. Unlike yourself, I choose not to speculate.

    What other moral issues is he willing to compromise on?
    Again, I do not know. You never established what you think his platform would be, so I do not know if he would be making promises he could not keep. Also, compromising on moral issues does not make one a poor leader.

    He broke his vows to his wife and God not once, but three times. Would he break vows to the American people? Looks like he would.
    We can agree to disagree that making promises to America is somehow the same as fidelity to one's spouse.

    If you live in an amoral world, then good for you. Most folks don't and believe one's behavior says a lot about them, not only personally, but professionally.
    I do not know what idealistic world you live in, but most people, especially politicians, have some skeletons in their closets. Cheating on your wife has no relation to decision making concerning the future of our nation.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #25
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    http://platform.gop.com/2008Platform.pdf




    No, it isn't. Maybe Libertarians believe that personal behavior doesn't matter, but most people do care. If Newt's willing to put his dick in women other than his wife, then what else is he willing to do? What other moral issues is he willing to compromise on? He broke his vows to his wife and God not once, but three times. Would he break vows to the American people? Looks like he would.

    If you live in an amoral world, then good for you. Most folks don't and believe one's behavior says a lot about them, not only personally, but professionally.
    Bill Clinton was elected twice to the Presidency. Thus, your argument fails.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Bill Clinton was elected twice to the Presidency. Thus, your argument fails.
    I'm talking about me, brother. Not the rest of the country. I don't care if you voted for Clinton.

    I have problem with Newt being critical of Clinton for adultery when Newt did the exact same thing at the exact same time. That makes him a hypocrite and a liar. Maybe you love liars and hypocrites, I don't know.

  7. #27
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    I'm talking about me, brother. Not the rest of the country. I don't care if you voted for Clinton.
    He's a Libertarian, I doubt he voted for Clinton.

    I have problem with Newt being critical of Clinton for adultery when Newt did the exact same thing at the exact same time. That makes him a hypocrite and a liar. Maybe you love liars and hypocrites, I don't know.
    Liars and hypocrites? Sounds like the vast majority of Congress.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #28
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    I'm talking about me, brother. Not the rest of the country. I don't care if you voted for Clinton.

    I have problem with Newt being critical of Clinton for adultery when Newt did the exact same thing at the exact same time. That makes him a hypocrite and a liar. Maybe you love liars and hypocrites, I don't know.
    You said "most people."

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So candidates always agree with exactly what their party stands for? There's never any deviation?
    In the current crop of GOP candidates, not really. As I said, the only Republican I'd vote for is Ron Paul.

    But since you asked; Newt is the classic Chickenhawk, which I loathe. He is also for a build up of troops in AFG, which I oppose. He was also an Iraq War supporter, which I was not.

    Newt opposed a public option for health care, which I support.

    You can read more about Newt's platform here:

    newt.org

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Poll: Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin or Pawlenty?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    You said "most people."
    Touche. At least I admit when I lie. Unlike Newt.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •